Game Thread | Hurricanes Vs. Canadiens | 01/31/06

Spider-Man NL

hows Perezhogin playing tonight?

If he's on that first line with Koivu, then it doesnt seem like their playing too good.

zhog has played intermittently with different linemates. One shift with KOKO to my reckoning

he is a -1

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Zhog had one shift with Koivu and Kovy but the rest have been with Plex and Ryder.

Come on a #1 GOALIE must make 1-2 huge saves a game. The first goal was a softie upstairs b/c he went down too early again. The second goal was a nice pass and a great shot but he seems to never stop those anymore as for the 5 on 3 goal he was too deep in his net. Theo has 0 shutouts and few games where he has made big save after big save. I am not a Theo hater, I want this guy to be awesome but when he is not standing on his head and is the franchise player I get upset. Everyone expects more than a .625 save % from Theo.

Are you crazy? Theo gave 1 bad goal (expected), but the 2 other goals would have been scored on anyone. Changing Theo wouldn't make a difference. If you're going to sit someone because of the goals, look at where the problem was and it wasn't Theo in this period.

Give me a break, when habs fan hate someone or want to trade someone, they see all their mistakes as the one and only reason of each goal and bad moment.

I understand what your saying and make no mistake this has nothing to do with hate. But at some point a goalie needs to make a stop that he shouldn't make to give his team some confidence in him. Theo hasn't done this in a long time. When you have no confidence in your goalie you have very little motivation to play for him.

Not to mention the SOFTIE of all SOFTIEs that was scored on the first goal. You can argue that the others weren't his fault but that one was completely his fault and no decent goalie in the league should let that in let alone a 5Million dollar goalie

Are you crazy? Theo gave 1 bad goal (expected), but the 2 other goals would have been scored on anyone. Changing Theo wouldn't make a difference. If you're going to sit someone because of the goals, look at where the problem was and it wasn't Theo in this period.

Give me a break, when habs fan hate someone or want to trade someone, they see all their mistakes as the one and only reason of each goal and bad moment.

i agree 100% and it was the point I was trying to make he gave up a bad first goal but the others were not his fault. we have to stop shitting on every player at any given time I have decided to cheer for them instead of trashing them and I have been guilty of this. Bob will make this happen. Theo is trying. Ribs is trying. they are all trying lets get behind them IT IS EASY TO SIT AT HOME WITH A BEER AND CALL THEM A BUNCH OF BUMS they are our team GO HABS GO

i agree 100% and it was the point I was trying to make he gave up a bad first goal but the others were not his fault. we have to stop shitting on every player at any given time I have decided to cheer for them instead of trashing them and I have been guilty of this. Bob will make this happen. Theo is trying. Ribs is trying. they are all trying lets get behind them IT IS EASY TO SIT AT HOME WITH A BEER AND CALL THEM A BUNCH OF BUMS they are our team GO HABS GO

I think you misunderstand because i support my team and want them to do well, but if a player isn't playing well i'm going to call them on it...PERIOD

These refs are crap. Another non-call. Seems they only call soft penalites on the habs. I have seen at least 4 blatent interference non-calls, a trip, and some good old holding.

Yet not one PP for the habs.

I understand you saying that a goalie needs to make 2-3 impossible save per game, but can I remind you that this is one period! The day that you will expect a goalie to do 2-3 IMPOSSIBLE saves per period, Montreal won't be able to dress any goalies for more than one game before fans start bouing him.

I wouldn't complain as much if you'd complain about the bad goal he gave (really bad), but complaining about miracle saves he didn't do doesn't make much sense. Everytime a goalie has to make an amazing save, it means that the guys in front of him did something bad.