The Ultimate Hab

blaze53

Who Is The Ultimate Hab This Season?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. So Tell Me Who Is The Hab Of Your Choice This Season?

• Cristobal Huet
    • Andrei Markov
    • Saku Koivu
    • Bob Gainey
    • Alex Kovalev
    • Sheldon Souray
    • Jan Bulis
    • Tomas Plekanec
    • José Theodore
    • Radek Bonk
    • Alexander Perezhogin
    • Mike Komisarek
    • Craig Rivet
    • Dandenault
    • Sundstrom

Shortcat I'm with you on this one. Gainey is my pick. He has by far been the most consistent habs this year.....a consistent presence around the team...consistently backing up his star goaltender despite poor play... patient all year long with his team despite fans dying for a trade.

go bob go.

This is off-topic a bit but, check above to Post 21 by BTH and you'll see a ridiculous example of the blocking of several posts into one box. :angry::angry2:

What seems to have happened here is that BTH took the time to respond to a number of people and, in doing it within a short span of time, all of his posts were redirected to the same box. In this kind of format this is workable but within a game-post situation, it just doesn't work. The 'conversational' flow is broken. :angry2::angry:

This is off-topic a bit but, check above to Post 21 by BTH and you'll see a ridiculous example of the blocking of several posts into one box. :angry::angry2:

What seems to have happened here is that BTH took the time to respond to a number of people and, in doing it within a short span of time, all of his posts were redirected to the same box. In this kind of format this is workable but within a game-post situation, it just doesn't work. The 'conversational' flow is broken. :angry2::angry:

Though I agree that I don't like that post merging thing, that post was not an example. I used one of my favourite new features there. You click quote next to the "Reply" button and it'll turn red. Now when you press reply you'll have that message quoted. The difference between "Quote" and "Reply" is that when you quote you can turn a few posts red, then reply and you'll have all those message quoted. I quoted all those posts at the same time. You probably knew that but....whatever.

kaos you are a bitter idiot who i also suspect is a leafs fan :o

Your a moron...you can't even add something constructive to this forum, atleast Bulis The Habby (BTH)and I were having a constructive discussion about a player, you can only lay personal attacks. Why don't you keep off these forums unless you can add usefull instead of just trying to insult people. Perhaps because you have no usefull thoughts of your own?

As for Bulis, I don't think he's anywhere near the MVP of this team outside of the two or three very good games he played this year, and I believe Rivet has been far more usefull and has not been as inconsistent as you BTH say. I don't know what games your watching but Rivet hasn't been prone to the miscues, giveaways, bad penalties and looking like pylon of say Souray, Dandenault and Streit. He's looked very solid back there. Especially considering he also has played against the other teams best just like Bulis.

If Rivet has looked invisible thats ok, that means he's not screwing up and playing a sound defensive game which is what we want from him.

And thats all well and good when you state Bulis stats, but have a real good look at both Rivet and Bulis's stats....did you see that...NO? Well look again. Rivet 4 goals 21 assists 25 points. 70 Pim and a -1 +/- rating. Bulis 15 goals 15 assists +4 and 34 PIM

What does this tell you. Rivet has scored just about as many points, while playing a more demanding position while also being just about the only thing this team has to being a physical presence something that Bulis never is. Regarless of whether he's playing with Markov or not, Rivet will usually be on the ice in the critical moments of games, against the other teams best lines. Bulis isn't always, considering Gainey likes to use the Koivu line against #1 line at times.

So yeah, I would take Rivet over Bulis in a heartbeat. I'd rather have 1 Rivet than 3 Bulis's. Is Rivet overpaid...probably, but not nearly as overpaid as Bulis.

Your a moron...you can't even add something constructive to this forum, atleast Bulis The Habby (BTH)and I were having a constructive discussion about a player, you can only lay personal attacks. Why don't you keep off these forums unless you can add usefull instead of just trying to insult people. Perhaps because you have no usefull thoughts of your own?

As for Bulis, I don't think he's anywhere near the MVP of this team outside of the two or three very good games he played this year, and I believe Rivet has been far more usefull and has not been as inconsistent as you BTH say. I don't know what games your watching but Rivet hasn't been prone to the miscues, giveaways, bad penalties and looking like pylon of say Souray, Dandenault and Streit. He's looked very solid back there. Especially considering he also has played against the other teams best just like Bulis.

If Rivet has looked invisible thats ok, that means he's not screwing up and playing a sound defensive game which is what we want from him.

And thats all well and good when you state Bulis stats, but have a real good look at both Rivet and Bulis's stats....did you see that...NO? Well look again. Rivet 4 goals 21 assists 25 points. 70 Pim and a -1 +/- rating. Bulis 15 goals 15 assists +4 and 34 PIM

What does this tell you. Rivet has scored just about as many points, while playing a more demanding position while also being just about the only thing this team has to being a physical presence something that Bulis never is. Regarless of whether he's playing with Markov or not, Rivet will usually be on the ice in the critical moments of games, against the other teams best lines. Bulis isn't always, considering Gainey likes to use the Koivu line against #1 line at times.

So yeah, I would take Rivet over Bulis in a heartbeat. I'd rather have 1 Rivet than 3 Bulis's. Is Rivet overpaid...probably, but not nearly as overpaid as Bulis.

Its Einstein's turn (not me... the Physicist)

You know your both right... Both Rivet and Bulis are having their Career high seasons! so it can't be that awefull .. I think its more about both of you having the hots for your respective players ( no no ...just Joking!!!)

With respect to pay! I think its relative...(this is where Einstein comes in) Rivet is today playing his money's worth! and so is Bulis! I can't imagine another team not paying at least as much as he's getting for Bulis's services next season! Unless its another team like us HABS that have a more than optimal surplus of these two way forwards!

So you see your both right!

1) How overpaid can a player be at $1M?

2) Bulis is one of our best checkers and most physical players. (answering to "Rivet as a physical presence, something that Bulis never is")

Bulis is very physical he hits guys every night along the boards and once in a while throws some big hits through the neutral zone. He is second in Canadiens in goal scoring well worth the coin.

Rivet has played his best hockey this year IMO for the Canadiens. He has been solid and intelligent he is well paid and is earning his keep.

Markov is still my pick for MVP but both of these guys could be close runners up.

hmmm... Put Markov b/c he really IS the best player on the team, when time comes to sign him you think he'll stay? or leave us behind like so many others like him? or maybe we'll end up trading him a la "Desjardains/Leclair" like the Habs have always done...

a funny point though, our top point scorers (Kovy and Koivu) are both tied at zero... Even Dandy and Theo have more votes with one vote each... why? is it the fact that this year the're underacheivers? or the fact they are OVERPAID underacheivers? the fact that Koivu's "Leadership" can be resumed to his comeback from cancer, and nothing else? or that Kovy incident with Begin (a definitive fan favorite) cost him a few votes? or the fact that MOST teams have at least one or two scorers in the top 40?

what made you guys stay away from these two? just asking...

hmmm... Put Markov b/c he really IS the best player on the team, when time comes to sign him you think he'll stay? or leave us behind like so many others like him? or maybe we'll end up trading him a la "Desjardains/Leclair" like the Habs have always done...

a funny point though, our top point scorers (Kovy and Koivu) are both tied at zero... Even Dandy and Theo have more votes with one vote each... why? is it the fact that this year the're underacheivers? or the fact they are OVERPAID underacheivers? the fact that Koivu's "Leadership" can be resumed to his comeback from cancer, and nothing else? or that Kovy incident with Begin (a definitive fan favorite) cost him a few votes? or the fact that MOST teams have at least one or two scorers in the top 40?

what made you guys stay away from these two? just asking...

Koivu has 10 votes but you're right that Kovalev has 0.

Koivu has 10 votes but you're right that Kovalev has 0.

eek... sorry my bad... looked kinda fast... I guess I saw Souray and Kovalev or something... kinda loses the point to my post... then again, the Kovy questions still stand...

hmmm... what made you guys stay away from these two? just asking...

Because when things were at there worst, Rivet stepped up physically took it upon himself to try and turn things around. He's willing to do absolutley everything to help this club and his teammates. He plays every game, and I don't mean he just shows up, he competes every night. He scores goals, puts up points, fights, hits, plays good d...something that not everybody on this team has been doing.

:lol:

not me. I voted for dagenais as the ultimate habs in shoutout scoring and boring interviews

Edited by marky_and_komi

• 3 weeks later...
Okay he's not on the list but I am going to write in the name of Christopher Higgins.

I have been really impressed with him all season. He hustles every shift, plays whatever role he is assigned - 1st line, 4th line, penalty kill whatever. I am extremely impressed by his work along the boards. He wins at least 80% of the fights for the puck along the boards and when he does lose he doesn't give up. I wasn't expecting much from him but now I think he will be a legitimate first line winger.

Remember you read it here first. :D