Jason Ward Article

habscout

YEah its too bad he couldn't skate better, this guy was a decent depth guy. 4th liner, 3rd liner at best. If he could skate better he'd have been a Mike Ryder type player, but better passer. I'd sooner have him than Sundstrom, Murray, and a few of the others, buts its no real big loss, other than the fact we got nothing for him. Even a 9th round pick would have been nice.

ITs really too bad when you look at that draft who we could have had. I know hind sight is 20-20 but Marian Hossa was drafted right after him, Daniel Cleary, Scott Hannan, Brendan Morrow were all taken in the first round after him.

However its good to see him playing well in NEw York.

it is not too hard to see why he's not here as he himself says he cant skate very well his offence is limited and they won't let him hold anymore so his defence is not great. Boy we should really have tried harder to keep him

Well ward did lead the AHL in scoring one year I believe. He is a pretty big guy great penalty killer. It was a bad draft pick unfortunately but I wish him success he seems like a hard working deserving guy.

Ward is a hard worker and now we should regret him. He could help Habs and we gave him to NYR.

Our Dgs made some stupid trades or moves or whatever. Sometimes i'm very disappointed. Let's talk about

Garon, Bonk and Huet.

Now, i miss garon too much. What a goalie is he and what a goalie was he, i think that he was better than Théo.

At least, we would be 6th if he played with mtl ...there is no doubt about it.

I dont understand why they traded him...

That's the same thing about Hossa... even if Murray is playing well.

Our Dgs made a lot of mistakes but i hope that they will learn something with these mistakes...

Bonk.... pffff :P

Have a nice evening everybody :)

If you look at the recent trades, we got alot in return of a second goalie

an ok third line center with size and a good second goalie who might just have stolen josé's spot.

as for hossa, gainey felt that he would underachieve after another stellar training camp like he always did in the past years. he made a monve with the rangers to get a gritty player. at fisrt it looked like we were robbed by sather but everything got back to normal after the fisrt month.

so i cannot say that BG as made alot of mistakes, he' just not as impatient as a keenan or o'connell( bruins gm ??).

good things will come for those who can wait...GO HABS!!

Our Dgs made some stupid trades or moves or whatever. Sometimes i'm very disappointed. Let's talk about

Garon, Bonk and Huet.

Now, i miss garon too much. What a goalie is he and what a goalie was he, i think that he was better than Théo.

At least, we would be 6th if he played with mtl ...there is no doubt about it.

I dont understand why they traded him...

Bonk.... pffff :P

Have a nice evening everybody :)

Check Garon's stats the're no better than Huet's and he's making 1.6M/yr. That's why he was traded too much $$$ for a back-up.

Ward would not have made this team a contender, but he is just as good defensively as Sundstrom, and also brings toughness, grit, and a constant effort. He's probably also a slightly better shooter. Looking at the Habs' roster, I think his "skills" would have suited this team better, especially on the Bonk-Bulis line. Bonk and Bulis are not bad players, far from that, but somebody needs to do the dirty work for the line to work; three soft guys floating around is not going to give you much results.

Plus, I think he would have been cheaper than Sundstrom.

^

What's your point? Check Theo's stats and they're much worse. Doesn't mean anything.

I think what he was trying to say is that Huet is just as good as Garon AND cheaper too. I thought it was common knowledge that Garon was traded to 1) save money and 2) give Garon a chance to be a starter far, far away.