Game Thread | Montreal Vs. Isles | 02/28/06

Spider-Man NL

I took a one-timed slapshot there playing icehockey :wacko: :puke: ;)

*shudders*

But at least you were probably wearing some equipment, I was only wearing shorts.

Way to go Higgins, I can't believe it's 5-1...

Edited by dark_faerie87

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is a game that the canadiens don't really deserve to win... but I'll take it anyway

Yes they do deserve to win. Goaltending is the most important part of hockey, if you get spectacular goaltending you win a lot more games then you loose and you deserve to win them. Not to mention they are scoring when they get their chances.

*shudders*

But at least you were probably wearing some equipment, I was only wearing shorts.

Way to go Higgins, I can't believe it's 5-1...

and to imagine that milbury gave away luongo for dipietro.... :wacko:

this is a game that the canadiens don't really deserve to win... but I'll take it anyway

I don't agree. I think they deserve this win. True they were back on their heels for the first 35 minutes. But since then the forwards have been playing extremely well and finishing their chances. Really only Rivet's goal was due to a fortunate tip by the NY forward. The other 4 goals have been great shots.

5-2 is not that unrepresentative. Probably 5-4 Habs would be a representative score.

only 'weak' play by Huet so far - not bad really considering that he's kept his team in the game pretty well throughout it all

a couple of years ago we played some hockey on our driveway, a friend in goal and he got struck by a hard wooden hockey ball right in his neck. Lights out baby, lights out!