Game Thread | Montreal Canadiens V. Toronto Maple Leafs | 03/07/06

simonus

I'm expecting another strong game from Higgins, he is on fire.....

Huet wil be better and hopefully Bouillon and Plex play.

I'm nervous about this game, but I think BG and Carbo will have the boys going tonight and the atmosphere is sure to help.

Hoping that Markov and Ryder can pick up their play a bit.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine that right now the guys are learning how to motivate themselves for each contest. Perhaps earlier in the season the rivalry wouldnt have meant much to most of these guys, but when you are rolling and looking constantly to find that little special aspect to get up for each game, things like a Leaf game can really bring your game up. Also, I think the opportunity to get into 7th has to encourage the boys. It would really wake up the league - change the common wisdom and all.

Koivu, 31, has been an inspired player since his country's silver-medal performance at the Turin Olympics.

After scoring twice and setting up another goal in the Habs' 4-3 overtime win in Toronto on Jan. 28, Koivu finished the remaining seven games leading up to the 2006 Winter Games with only one measly assist. But he was rewarded with a lucrative three-year contract extension worth $14.25-million (U.S.).

The 5-foot-10, 184-pound player then went to Turin and was exceptional for Finland. He played on a line with Teemu Selanne and Jere Lehtinen, was selected to the Olympic tournament's all-star team and was tied for the tournament scoring lead with three goals and 11 points.

"I thought his line was probably the best in the tournament," said Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson, whose Swedish team defeated Finland 3-2 in the gold-medal final.

"Injuries have slowed him down at times. If it wouldn't have been for injuries and some personal health issues [Koivu overcame a battle with stomach cancer], he would be considered one of the top centres in the league. He has the skill."

The Globe and Mail

GO HABS GOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Leafs are old, dried-out, and crunchy. Now is the time to rake them up, bag them, and take them out to the curb to be thrown away!!! :hlogo:

I'm expecting another strong game from Higgins, he is on fire.....

Huet wil be better and hopefully Bouillon and Plex play.

I'm nervous about this game, but I think BG and Carbo will have the boys going tonight and the atmosphere is sure to help.

Hoping that Markov and Ryder can pick up their play a bit.

HUET WILL BE DEAD TIRED if he gets 20 shots by mid second period! GAiney dont be careless put Danis!

Does anyone know who the TSN announcers will be for the game??

Usually when the Leafs play it's the two homer announcers from Leafs TV.

If TSN has any sense, a huge game like this, they'd put McGuire and Miller on, unless its part of the Leafs deal with TSN.

This is such a huge game.

Although it doesn't matter too much for the Habs (even a loss here wouldn't change too much in the standings) it's simply a HUGE game for the maple lafs.

And since we all detest the maple lafs, this makes this game incredibly important for habs :)

TOTAL DOMINATION

10-0

CRUSH 'EM

Does anyone know who the TSN announcers will be for the game??

Usually when the Leafs play it's the two homer announcers from Leafs TV.

If TSN has any sense, a huge game like this, they'd put McGuire and Miller on, unless its part of the Leafs deal with TSN.

I hope to god it is not "Holy Mackinaw guy". I forget his name...But I will watch the game in french if it is him!

Let the quality of this game thread opening post illustrate how much spider-man NL is needed and appreciated...

It looks pretty damn good to me.....nice job....btw, thanks for starting the game thread.....I was really busy today and I knew I wasn't going to get a chance to make the thread.

It looks pretty damn good to me.....nice job....btw, thanks for starting the game thread.....I was really busy today and I knew I wasn't going to get a chance to make the thread.

So it was simonus who created the Game Thread? Well, my quick eyes are too good for you senile old men. simonus, you put the Flyers logo next to the Leafs' record :P The game's over, son.

I do not believe that if the Leafs lose they are mathematically eliminated, so when you say officially is your intent to say that is highly unlikely the Leafs will make the playoffs.

I do not believe that if the Leafs lose they are mathematically eliminated, so when you say officially is your intent to say that is highly unlikely the Leafs will make the playoffs.

They won't be mathematically eliminated but it's pretty much guaranteed that they miss the playoffs. If they get both points tonight than they might find some confidence and come out on a hot streak. I doubt it though.

Pleks and Cube not playing: CJAD pregame

I'm not sure about Bou, but Leafs TV just showed the "official" lineups and Plekky was in according to them.

So I don't know, I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Uh-oh. Maybe what I saw on RDS was a flashback? I saw them skating on the ice praticing with the team. Do you think the teams would be on the ice 20 minutes before the game? It was probably just a flashback then. I wasn't really listening to the analysts when they showed them.