Theo Traded To Colorado

gohabsgo252006

Even when Theo was playing terrible, I don't recall any of us going... damn, if only we could get Aeb....

He is not a long term solution, but perhaps there is more to come this summer, as in Luongo....

I didn't hear any of us saying we want Hasek, or turco.....................

I think abby is going to do well in montreal for the rest of the year .....might even suprise us like Huet did....

Everyone bagged on Huet.....now he's a friggin mesiah....not because he's good, because we got to thinking Theo's shaky goaltending was great.

That vezina trophy was really unworthy. it mindf#$%ked all you guys.....

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow....I have mixed feelings about this one. On one hand, IF Theo can turn it aroud (and by the way I believe he can, even though it was not gonna happen either this year, or in Montreal), the Avs get the best player in the deal.

On the other hand, in this day and age having all that cap $$$ wasted on a player who even before his injury was a....how do I put this nicely.....liability, and has definitely cost us a few games, well that's clearly not cutting it either. Remember guys THE HIGHEST PAID player on the team if I have my facts correctly.

This is a huge gamble for Lacroix, much bigger than for Gainey. Remember we have a couple of young guys in the wings (Price anyone?) and Gainey was going to have to make this call eventually since Theo's too young to be really "mentoring" Price.

Worst case scenario right now is not Theo regaining his form. In fact, I wish him that he does. Worst case scenario is losing a couple of young guys to get Bertuzzi just because we can. I really don't want him, I would rather sit on this cap space and use it in the summer than bring him in just for a quick "wow".

i thought aebi was swiss german... maybe not...

He's Swiss and just like here the anglophones speak French, there the Germans, Italians, etc also speak learn French (if it's nottheir first language). of course, there are exceptions but I really doubt he doesn't speak French.

I don't think Aeb is a bad goalie, but the issue has always been the playoffs. He does not step it up in the playoffs.

there is a reason that the Avs have been looking to trade him all year and are willing to take a chance on Theo getting back in form. They obviously believe Theo can take them farther and I agree with them. Doesn't mean he will, but he could.

Theo has never got past a second round...... He always bombs after a good little run.

Theo is the biggest let down in history of goaltending

hey guys!!! let's keep this forum CLEAN!!!

R-E-S-P-E-C-T-!!! ;)

---

well gainey gave him a lots of $ coz the season didnt started yet when gainey gave it to theo... so we didnt know that theo was going to play like crap this season

---

theo is out for at least 1 more month, they originally said that he'll recover by the very END of the regular season, but then they said that he will be able to get back a bit earlier

---

gohabsgo252006 >> yeah.. but I have to WORK tomorrow and i'll be in a TOTAL mess tomorrow bcoz it's goign to be a rush day for me at work :( so i just hope i'll be able to follow it by net at every hour~

gohabsgo252006 >> yeah.. but I have to WORK tomorrow and i'll be in a TOTAL mess tomorrow bcoz it's goign to be a rush day for me at work :( so i just hope i'll be able to follow it by net at every hour~

Just check here, i'll break all the news for you, just like i did with this trade

And as far as winning a Vezina - you guys remember Jim Carrey? He was the next Messiah down in DC and then in Boston. Don't recall him making it to his 3rd NHL assignment after that........

Theo has never got past a second round...... He always bombs after a good little run.

i'm agree, BUT if THEO was NOT in the net for the FIRST round of the playoffs... habs would not have win the first round...

so it's relative~ depends on HOW u look at the situation

Just check here, i'll break all the news for you, just like i did with this trade

haha, it's an good idea BUT i think i'll keep on reading stuff on this board and not be working tomorrow haha and this is NOT an good idea :P

You are entitled to your opinion, but he had complete crap teams around him in those series and those were teams who probably would not have been in the playoffs without him.

I realize you have a very low opinion of Theo and you are entitled to it, but I think theo did some great things, is still plenty young, and can have a great future. I have never heard a hockey commentator say he was a bad goalie or over rated, in fact, they ususally refer to him as a money goalie who plays better under pressure. He is having a terrible year, I will give you that.

He's Swiss and just like here the anglophones speak French, there the Germans, Italians, etc also speak learn French (if it's nottheir first language). of course, there are exceptions but I really doubt he doesn't speak French.

Bulis, many Swiss study French but don't speak it necessarily, just like an Anglo in Alberta. Depends where in Swiss he's from whether he can speak French, many Swiss can't. We'll know real soon, when he's thrown into the Montréal media scrum!

So why did Gainey paid Theodore so much money if he sucked???????? So using your logic i'm right Gainey is on crack. Dumbass

Like all of us, we, and gainey included, hoped Theo could put together those brilliant short-lived moments and turn them into a cup run.

I get that....and I hoped for it myself. but it just wasn't going to happen. I think gainey resolved this bad hopefull signing...which I don't blame him for....and was able to wash his hands of it.

I think gainey is brilliant....

Dumbass?

This is e-mail, I'm sure if we were in a room discussing this you would understand what I'm trying to say.

So I won't call you a name. You just didn't get it.

I think Aebischer's going to be an RFA at the end of the season. Does anyone know for sure?

He's got 3 years left.

You are entitled to your opinion, but he had complete crap teams around him in those series and those were teams who probably would not have been in the playoffs without him.

I realize you have a very low opinion of Theo and you are entitled to it, but I think theo did some great things, is still plenty young, and can have a great future. I have never heard a hockey commentator say he was a bad goalie or over rated, in fact, they ususally refer to him as a money goalie who plays better under pressure. He is having a terrible year, I will give you that.

Your totally right. When he was hot in the play-offs or in that last ditch effort to win 10 games to make it to the play-offs .....he was awesome.......

Theo just always made me feel uncomfortable. There was such a difference in his game. It was either F&&$cking amazing or he totally blew it.

For instance...Brilliant against Boston last year 1st round and then complete crap against Tampa.

Or this year in general......He made me nervous every game even if we were up 3 goals....

I beleived in him ....i just didn't trust him......either did his team-mates

hey, people who lives in montreal (just like meeeeh :P) and who STILL likes theo (like me -_-) then i wanna remind u guys that... now that theo is not part of the habs anymore... then i think the habs boutique will make a big sale of theo's products (posters, jersey, photos, t-shirts, bubblehead, etc.) so maybe get to the habs boutique by this weekend or next week to buy them~ i will go for suuuuure!!!

Your totally right. When he was hot in the play-offs or in that last ditch effort to win 10 games to make it to the play-offs .....he was awesome.......

Theo just always made me feel uncomfortable. There was such a difference in his game. It was either F&&$cking amazing or he totally blew it.

For instance...Brilliant against Boston last year 1st round and then complete crap against Tampa.

Or this year in general......He made me nervous every game even if we were up 3 goals....

I beleived in him ....i just didn't trust him......either did his team-mates

Well said that's the best way to describe him, every shot even from the blueline i was nervous.

THrashers vs. Rangers in Shootout now.

Go RAgs GO Please

Dumbass?

This is e-mail, I'm sure if we were in a room discussing this you would understand what I'm trying to say.

So I won't call you a name. You just didn't get it.

Good attitude. Guys when we disagree let's do it civilly because name-calling on forums has a tendency to escalate...

Jagr gets caught with an illegal stick AGAIN this time for the shootout..which means he's not allowed to shoot

How stupid can you get!! The new rule requires the refs to measure every stick before it is used in a shootout.