Habs Trade For Todd Simpson

JMMR

I think that's a good acquisition as long as Komisarek doesn't lose any of his new responsibilities. If no other trade is made, I hope Dandeneault gets moved to the 4th line as a forward in case we lose a defenseman during a game. Simpson is tough and reliable, and unlike every single other player on this team, he might defend guys like Koivu and Kovalev when the Chris Neils of this world go after them. In the playoffs, a guy like Simpson, who can punish attackers who get too comfy in front of the net, might come in handy.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the playoffs, a guy like Simpson, who can punish attackers who get too comfy in front of the net, might come in handy.

Yeah thats great until the referee's decide to call a game like they did in Toronto, and just a parade of players to the penality box, and a volley of pucks past 1 Aebischer and 1a Huet....

Wow, one thing I didn't expect today was 60 posts about Todd Simpson. My Firefox tabs are getting refreshed every second it seems. I guess I should head to lunch and hope for other news upon return. Thus far, a dud of a deadline day.

Yeah I think most of us expected Montreal not to do anything, but definitley expect something to happen around the NHL. Well other than the Theodore thing, but nobody saw that coming.

Guess we'll have to wait and see who ends up on the free agent market.

Well...nothing of note for Montreal today but loads for everyone else. Not exactly the move we were hoping for i gotta say, simpson's aint no top four guy, and Montreal has a bunch of 5/6's. At least he's tough.

Getting a guy like Gauthier or Carney would have been sweet though.

And boy what a steal for the Rangers: Ozolinsh for a third round pick.

Well...nothing of note for Montreal today but loads for everyone else. Not exactly the move we were hoping for i gotta say, simpson's aint no top four guy, and Montreal has a bunch of 5/6's. At least he's tough.

Getting a guy like Gauthier or Carney would have been sweet though.

And boy what a steal for the Rangers: Ozolinsh for a third round pick.

Ozolinish just got out of rehab, makes 2.5Mill/ season and is not a star in his own end. I would say ANA were just happy to get his contract off of the books.

Edited by PMAC

What really surprised me this year was the amount of draftpicks being thrown around.... there were only a few Player for Player trades.

Ozolinish just got out of rehab, makes 2.5Mill/ season and is not a star in his own end. I would say ANA were just happy to get his contract off of the books.

So? Name me five offensive defensemen that are stars in their own end. And his salary is for next year only, then it expires. This just adds to the smart moves Glen Sather amazingly enough has done asofar. Guys like Ozolinsh, Sykora, Nylander, etc work well within skilled Euro friendly environments, and that's exactly what he's created in New York.

Another solid move: Wiemer to New Jersey for a fourth round pick. Wiemer's a real feisty fourth line centre, fights and hits.

Now we get some more leadership and an enforcer on the blueline. Not to mention an enforcer who's more than 6 feet tall. He can help us out in the playoffs plus he doesn't cost enough to even come to close to blowing the cap space we saved form trading Theo.

Now we get some more leadership and an enforcer on the blueline. Not to mention an enforcer who's more than 6 feet tall. He can help us out in the playoffs plus he doesn't cost enough to even come to close to blowing the cap space we saved form trading Theo.

With the referee's controlling games I hope his physicallity doesn't hurt us more than help us!!!!

Refs put their whistles away in the playoffs, remember?

I guess that all depends if we're playing the Laffs.. :wacko: