Players Under Contract For Next Season

GoHabs2002

I really don't think that Huet would want to return to Europe at this point in his career. His barganing power is limited, it'll be based on what, 30 games worth? He'll probably sign a one year deal in the vicinity of one million, and hope to attain a bigger deal the following offseason.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bulis also has that kind of follow my example leadership. He always throws hits and I never see him coasting around. It was frustrating at the beginning of the year when he'd keep putting us on the edge of our seats, but he has made up for that now.

I agree 1-1.5 mil is fair. Anything more an we'll regret it.

but he's ufa..so yo know that he'll get his stock higher than we expect..there's always a stupid gm in this league

He is leading the team in +/- (8) and shooting %. It's strange how people comment on how he can't finish even when the stats say he's the best finisher on the team.

Thats a miss leading stat. If you actually watch the guy play. He fumbles with the puck alot, cannot receive passes, especially around the net and convert to scoring chances and more importantly goals. Most of his shots are easily deflected or totally miss the net. Yes defensively he is very good but so are Sundstrom (he's unfortunatley signed through next year), Begin, Bonk, Higgins and Plekanec.

And with Plekanec, Higgins, Kostitsyn and Perezhogin plus the chance that either Latendresse or another prospect could possibly step into the lineup, all needing playing time and limited spots available, someone needs to go, and paying a guy $1.2 to $1.4 Million (potentially what Bulis would want) for 15 goals and a +8 differential is not wise. Unless you can get rid of Zednik, Ribeiro and maybe Bonk for other parts that Montreal needs. And thats alot harder then not signing Bulis.

Thats a miss leading stat. If you actually watch the guy play. He fumbles with the puck alot, cannot receive passes, especially around the net and convert to scoring chances and more importantly goals. Most of his shots are easily deflected or totally miss the net. Yes defensively he is very good but so are Sundstrom (he's unfortunatley signed through next year), Begin, Bonk, Higgins and Plekanec.

And with Plekanec, Higgins, Kostitsyn and Perezhogin plus the chance that either Latendresse or another prospect could possibly step into the lineup, all needing playing time and limited spots available, someone needs to go, and paying a guy $1.2 to $1.4 Million (potentially what Bulis would want) for 15 goals and a +8 differential is not wise. Unless you can get rid of Zednik, Ribeiro and maybe Bonk for other parts that Montreal needs. And thats alot harder then not signing Bulis.

Bulis is better then that. He's on pace for 20 goals this year (a lot more then Sundstrom to whom you compared Bulis to...by the way, Sundstrom is a UFA this summer, so bye-bye). He also as more goals then all the players you mentioned as similar players. Not bad for a 3rd liner

The guy is a good young veteran and worth is 1.5M$. Good PK player also. I suspect Bulis to be on our 3rd line for years to come.

Edited by Komisarek the Cruncher

Thats a miss leading stat. If you actually watch the guy play. He fumbles with the puck alot, cannot receive passes, especially around the net and convert to scoring chances and more importantly goals. Most of his shots are easily deflected or totally miss the net.

Yes, it's a misleading stat. I expect that many of his shots miss the net so don't count against his shooting %. If I watch the guy play? The second he steps on the ice my eyes follow him and I can pick him out of the players on the ice without seeing his number or a close-up. He's got offensive potential but like you said he makes a lot of mistakes when he gets good chances. Maybe he feels the heat whenever he's about to score. He definitely can score though and I think he's the kind of guy (who isn't?) that if you put on a line with a ugy like Peter Forsberg he would have an explosive season. 30, 40 goals maybe. For now, I'm happy with just hard work, 20 goals, strong defensive play and the best +/- on the team. The +/- is an important stat because he's a checker who usually takes on the other team's Jagr. If anyone can be a late bloomer, this guy can.

Well somebody on this team has to be moved to make way for Perezhogin, Plekanec, Higgins, Kostitsyn and even potentially guys like Latendresse, Chipchura, Locke, Ferland or any other young prospect who may impress Gainey and Carbonneau. I know Ribeiro, Zednik, Sundstrom, are the favourites to go, but just because the fans don't like them, doesn't mean they'll be the ones on the way it.

I really believe this will be the most exciting offseason in Montreal Canadiens recent history...more so than the lottery draft (only because we didn't end up with Crosby) and free agent period after the lockout.

There is so much that can possibly happen...

Well somebody on this team has to be moved to make way for Perezhogin, Plekanec, Higgins, Kostitsyn and even potentially guys like Latendresse, Chipchura, Locke, Ferland or any other young prospect who may impress Gainey and Carbonneau. I know Ribeiro, Zednik, Sundstrom, are the favourites to go, but just because the fans don't like them, doesn't mean they'll be the ones on the way it.

I really believe this will be the most exciting offseason in Montreal Canadiens recent history...more so than the lottery draft (only because we didn't end up with Crosby) and free agent period after the lockout.

I don't expect Locke to make the team ever, I could be pleasantly surprised though.

I doubt Gainey ever makes room for Ferland, if wins a spot, fine, but they won't make a premature move for him, like we did when we got rid of Ward for Pleks and Higgy.

I expect Ribs to leave for sure, Sundstrom, Streit, Bouillon also.

Zednik and Dandenault perhaps. I wouldn't be surprised if Gainey goes after Big Bert again in the off-season, especially if the Canucks get dropped early again in the playoffs, but I believe he'd only get him now in the off-season if he can sign him to a contract extension as he only has one year left on his contract.

My MAX. offer to them, and it's pressing it is: Ryder, Dandenault and our first rounder in '06 for Big Bert.

If Huet gets signed for more than 2 years and also Aebs then you can kiss Danis goodbye... I believe that only one of the Hu-Ab Duet will sign for more than one year the other for only one and so doing Danis will stay..

IF not Danis or Halak will get traded...

But enough of this lets concentrate on this season

I think about that all the time. We seem to have a log jam of young talent. If Kostitsyn makes the team next year (I think he should), where does he go?

What about a big killer second line center? Then what?

This will be the best offseason in memory for me I believe.

Brad Richards is coming, I can feel it.

I think about that all the time. We seem to have a log jam of young talent. If Kostitsyn makes the team next year (I think he should), where does he go?

What about a big killer second line center? Then what?

This will be the best offseason in memory for me I believe.

Brad Richards is coming, I can feel it.

No way Tampa lets Richards go, screw Lecavalier and St. Louis, this guy IS the Tampa Bay Lightning. What a fantastic hockey player. I really enjoyed watching him play the other night.

If Kostitsyn doesn't make the team next year, it'll be bad news. He'll have to be moved. I think he'll make the team.

But Montreal definitley needs a #1 or #2 Center. Koivu doesn't really cut it as a Number 1.

My MAX. offer to them, and it's pressing it is: Ryder, Dandenault and our first rounder in '06 for Big Bert.

Ick....no way.

I wouldn't trade Sundstrom and Bulis for Bertuzzi....shit I wouldn't trade my mother in law for Bertuzzi

Just a couple of quick thoughts:

Bulis deserves a raise (small) - very versatile. If not, Rangers take him in a second.

Huet deserves a massive raise. There are too many teams out there with goaltending holes - tampa, vancouver, Toronto, Edmonton, etc, etc, etc. If we don't sign him there will be a long line for his services. If we low ball him early in negotiations you can be sure these team will not after July 1.

As for free agents, Gainey is a fan of Jason Arnott, who is currently having a career year in Dallas. If anybody is coming here, it is Jason Arnott. We would be smart to add this big guy to our current crop of small, but speedy forwards.

Just my opinion. Please refrain from thowing anything until the end of the show.

If another team sign's Huet who is a RFA I believe we would receive 5 first round draft picks, so I do not think that is realistic.

I believe this has changes slightly, and I highly doubt the Habs would be awarded the full 5 1st round picks anyways.

The goaltending situation is pretty good.

If Huet and Danis resign, Aebischer is great trade bait.

If Huet resigns but Danis doesn't, Huet and Aebischer are an excellent tandem again.

If Danis resigns but Huet doesn't, Aebischer gets the #1 role and Danis is the backup.

Any way you look at it, every option is so much more affordable than having Theo here.

The goaltending situation is pretty good.

If Huet and Danis resign, Aebischer is great trade bait.

If Huet resigns but Danis doesn't, Huet and Aebischer are an excellent tandem again.

If Danis resigns but Huet doesn't, Aebischer gets the #1 role and Danis is the backup.

Any way you look at it, every option is so much more affordable than having Theo here.

Well hopefully they trade one of them, and don't lose 'em for nothing to free agency. That would be hard to swallow.

Well hopefully they trade one of them, and don't lose 'em for nothing to free agency. That would be hard to swallow.

Gainey must be confident he can sign both, otherwise I gotta imagine Edmonton or Vancouver would have loved Huet at the deadline.

Gainey must be confident he can sign both, otherwise I gotta imagine Edmonton or Vancouver would have loved Huet at the deadline.

I disagree. I think it was Roloson that Edmonton was after the whole time, considering how much they've played against him. And for the price they could have gotten younger, just as good and under contract for next season with Biron. But Edmonton has always been like Philly....bad with goalies. Since Fuhr anyways.

Biron was not on the trade block, Bufflao wanted to keep Miller and Biron for the stretch run and the playoffs.

Everybody was on the trade block. Buffalo was willing to accept a 2nd rounder for Noranen (Sp). To pry Biron out of Buffalo, Buffalo wanted a player to help there playoff drive, specifically a defensman or scoring help and they couldn't get that. Which if you look at all the trades for defencmen was the case. It was all draft picks.

I don't imagine Buffalo was offered the first rounder and 3rd round for Biron either.......