Game Thread | Carolina Vs. Montreal | 03/16/06

Spider-Man NL

hurricanes_logo.jpgvssmall2.gifcanadiens_logo.jpg

carolina50.gif44-15-6 : 94 Points (1st in the Eastern Conference)

montreal50.gif31-24-9 : 71 Points (8th in the Eastern Conference)

Projected goalies for this game are:

2443.gif# 29 Martin Gerber (31-10-4), 2.72 GAAcarolina50.gif

montreal50.gif# 30 David Aebischer (25-14-2), 2.98 GAA 0626.gif

Hurricanes Roster

Link

Canadiens Roster

Link

LW.jpghabs-w.gifrw.jpg

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

Perezhogin - Ribeiro - Kovalev

Bulis - Plekanec - Zednik

Begin - Bonk - Sundstrom

d.jpg

Souray - Rivet

Streit - Komisarek

Bouillon - Dandenault

G.jpg

David Aebischer

Meetings This Year:

Dec. 31st, 2005:montreal50.gif3 carolina50.gif5

Jan. 23rd, 2006:montreal50.gif3 carolina50.gif7

Jan. 31st, 2006:carolina50.gif8 montreal50.gif2

4777_3.jpg

RivetCanes.jpg

This game can be seen 7:30pm eastern on

logo_RDS.gif& CenterIce.jpg

cjad_logo_large.gif

Listen to the game live on CJAD 800 AM

Edited by Spider-Man NL

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allow me to be the first to say

GO HABS GO

Very big game, now's the time to show what we can do against one of the top teams in the league. Whichever goalie starts, will have a big game.

Crossing my fingers for Markov, but if not, we really need Rivet and Sourray to step up.

Now's the time to start the climb up the standings.

Go Habs GO

The Canes have dominated us all year... Let's put that to an end NOW!

I expect a big game from Aebi, and I think Saku and Souray'll step it up...

GO HABS GO!!!

:hlogo:

absolutely need a big game - not only would it give the Habs a boost, but it would also be important in discouraging teams like TO & ATL that are pursuing that 8th spot.

GO HABS GO!!!

From TSN: "Canadiens forward Mike Ribeiro missed Tuesday's practice due to a rib injury, while defenceman Andrei Markov continues to receive treatment for back spasms. Both are expected to play Thursday. - Montreal Gazette"

From TSN: "Canadiens forward Mike Ribeiro missed Tuesday's practice due to a rib injury, while defenceman Andrei Markov continues to receive treatment for back spasms. Both are expected to play Thursday. - Montreal Gazette"

I highly doubt Markov will be back.

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Newly-acquired David Aebischer will get the nod in goal on Thursday night when the Montreal Canadiens host the Carolina Hurricanes at the Bell Centre.

Aebischer was the No. 1 goaltender for the Colorado Avalanche when he was traded to Montreal at the NHL trading deadline last week for Jose Theodore.

Once the Swiss netminder was acquired, new teammate Cristobal Huet posted two straight shutouts and got the start again on Monday night in Montreal's 2-1 loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning.

"It's challenging," Aebischer said Monday. "He's playing really well and that puts me under pressure to play the same or even better.

"It should be good for the team and good for us, too, that we push each other. I'm just looking forward to playing, whenever that is."

After a slow first half, Aebischer went 14-5-2 with a .917 save percentage in his last 21 starts with Colorado.

Aebischer backed up Patrick Roy for three years in Colorado before taking over the top job in 2003-04, when he went 32-19-9 in the regular season and 6-5 in the playoffs.

The Canadiens will still be without defenceman Andrei Markov, who is suffering from back spasms. Todd Simpson or Mark Streit is expected to take his place on Thursday

Well this will be a very big game for the Habs, just like all the others down the stretch. If Montreal wins, its a huge moral builder and could lead to a long winstreak. If they lose its going to really kill the momentum they've gained in the last month, and if they get blown out....it could start a downward spiral they never recover from.

If anybody saw that, my sister (Whos a stupid laufs fan) did it. I would never say that in my life!

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by The-Habby2919

Its times like this when i wished that the Habs had picked up a 1 or 2 even 3 Dman... Hopefully we will this summer.

:hlogo: