Game Thread | New Jersey Vs. Montreal | 04/18/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was on the ice for his very next shift with koivu!

Hmmm, well that sucked. Okay, positives... positives....

Well, by losing we did not hurt our draft position (We pick 16th overall, unless we win the cup, then we get #30).... And maybe this loss will serve as a wakeup call to the habs players before the playoffs, STOP GIVING UP BIG LEADS!.

anyways... we're the underdogs going into round-1, but it was the same story the last 2 first round series we had, and we all know what happened in those.

THis was just pathetic. What the ###### happened?

About the only positive thing I can say right now is I'm glad I'm not a Boston fan...atleast we didn't trade away Joe Thornton. What does that have to do with the Habs blowing a 3-0 lead? Nothing, but it sure takes my mind off that.

Betcha 10-1 Gainey starts Aebischer against Carolina. And considering the way they've played against the Canes this year, it could get ugly. Did they even play a close game this year?

New Jersey had something to play for and we did not.

How about Pride? Saying they had nothing to play for is bullshit

About the only positive thing I can say right now is I'm glad I'm not a Boston fan...atleast we didn't trade away Joe Thornton. What does that have to do with the Habs blowing a 3-0 lead? Nothing, but it sure takes my mind off that.

Betcha 10-1 Gainey starts Aebischer against Carolina. And considering the way they've played against the Canes this year, it could get ugly. Did they even play a close game this year?

Yeah Pride for sure. Getting beat like that chaps my ass!

They did play one close game this year the last one 5-1 was close until the final 10 minutes!

So they got a bad one out of their system...

It's the playoffs now, who cares what happened in the regular season?!

GO HABS GO!!!

So they got a bad one out of their system...

GO HABS GO!!!

I was at the game tonight. they didn't have a bad one, they got a pathetic one. this team has no guts, they're lazy like hell, they took stupid penalties and they leave gionta alone, in front of the net for 30 sec before he scored.

It was fan appreciation night...I guess only sales department and acounting really appreciate us because the players didn't play like they cared on bit.

on a positive note ( if there's really one), I thought perezhogin played one of his best game tonight

I was hoping that Tampa would win tonight... that would have put us against the Sens in the first round... at least weve split the series with them this year and played quite well at times.

:hlogo:

... no matter! :blush:

I'm happy while two of our Kladno players will start against each other in first round ... Pleky will face Canes-Kabby :P.

Tom-05b-detail.JPGand kaberle-franta.jpg

What the fcuk is pleks doing in that pic?

1- That old Jofa helmet makes him look like KAZOO!

2- Is that an ottawa jersey?

3- There's a friggin forest behind him...........

What the fcuk is pleks doing in that pic?

1- That old Jofa helmet makes him look like KAZOO!

2- Is that an ottawa jersey?

3- There's a friggin forest behind him...........

I think it is road hockey in europe!

No it is not a Sens jersey I do not believe.

Yeah that is a forest behind them.

perezhogin did play great tonight

Oh on another positive notes if the Habs play the Bolts in the playoffs this year the Habs will have home ice! ;)

I think it is road hockey in europe!

No it is not a Sens jersey I do not believe.

Yeah that is a forest behind them.

perezhogin did play great tonight

Oh on another positive notes if the Habs play the Bolts in the playoffs this year the Habs will have home ice! ;)

Yeah Tommy showed other pictures before. It is ballhockey or something like that, just on their feet. Not skates or something like that. And i believe it's the jersey from Kladno, Kladno Senators or something like that. It's not the ottawa shirt(allthough it looks the same :D )

I only saw a quick replay on the computer, but does it looks like Huet lost it a bit. Or did he play a good game?

Edited by Dutch_Habs_Fan

Touchy, touchy. You know decaf tastes just as good. :lol:

I calmed myself down by reminding myself that nothing we did last night had any effect on who and when we play in the playoffs.

Players have a short memory when it comes to these things and so should we.

Edited by GreggieMcHabfan

Sure it does, the habs don't know how to hold a lead, 2 consecutive games to clinch a playoff spot and the couldn't hold a lead. They can't play for 60 minutes, the first period last night was the best in weeks, as soon as kovalev scored they stopped playing. If i'm not mistaken the devils had either 2 on 1's or breakaways on evry habs power play. That won't cut it. I can't even remember the last time they beat a team with a winning record. Please don't say Ottowa, that was there B team. So i have allot of concerns going into the playoffs, something will need to change or they'll get swept. Go Habs

Sure it does, the habs don't know how to hold a lead, 2 consecutive games to clinch a playoff spot and the couldn't hold a lead. They can't play for 60 minutes, the first period last night was the best in weeks, as soon as kovalev scored they stopped playing. If i'm not mistaken the devils had either 2 on 1's or breakaways on evry habs power play. That won't cut it. I can't even remember the last time they beat a team with a winning record. Please don't say Ottowa, that was there B team. So i have allot of concerns going into the playoffs, something will need to change or they'll get swept. Go Habs

Well atleast the habs aren't totally broken. The way I see it Gainey has got them pushing right from the start. They compete with everyone in the first. You are right though. Once we have the lead we seem to sit back on our heels and let the other team take over.

I'm positive, the boys are working on something, they just haven't found it yet. It's in place, they just don't get it yet. Gainey will make sure, it's all in place by saturday.

One thing to remember is Begin is missing. He is very valuable to this team. Begin is the one who blocks shots, chases defensemen down in behind the net and forces plays. This disturbs other teams break-outs, and set plays. If other teams don't have time to think, they are not going to launch a comeback.

At the end of the day what I'm saying is........

The Habs have not been able to get their forecheck together because no-one has stood up and REPLACED what Begin brings to this team.A big piece of the puzzle is missing.

Do we have a plan of attack without this piece????????????????

I hope he comes back soon.

IF NOT.............The habs can't continue to play as if Begin is there. A NEW plan of attack needs to be created..

I'm sure Gainey will address this.

Does anyone know how far away Begin's knee is from getting to be 100%.

We need him big time.

I'm a firm believer in having set lines, and I strongly believe that the line shuffling that has been going on the past few games is what's hurting the team right now. During the 8 game win streak we basically kept the same lineup every night. The injury to Bégin kinda messed everything up. Not only the 4th, but it seems as though every line except the first got switched around. I really hope that Gainey decided who is going to play with Kovalev and Ribiero because the revolving winger thing is really getting on my nerves. Bulis or Zednik, it doesn't matter, just please choose one. In the playoffs you need chemistry (look at what Koivu, Kovalev and Zednik were able to do last playoffs). Maybe with Begin back in, Gainey will be able to settle all his line combinations to where they were when we were winning.

Edited by chief_balthor

No wonder you can't remember the last time we beat a playoff team... especially when you omit Ottawa... we've only played 2 playoff teams (2x) in the last 18 games! And both were on incredible hot streaks... Arguably, not our best hockey against those teams, but still... Weird way to look at it...

Methinks you see the glass half-empty... :P

No, it may sound that way. I will always give credit where it is due, but i'll also tell the truth about poor play. Right now the habs look alot more like the earlier verion of the team, not the one who was filled with confidence, moving the puck quickly, playing good D and not taking stupid penalties. I call them like i see them.

Touchy, touchy. You know decaf tastes just as good. :lol:

I calmed myself down by reminding myself that nothing we did last night had any effect on who and when we play in the playoffs.

Players have a short memory when it comes to these things and so should we.

You should probably remind yourself the only reason Montreal is in the playoffs is because Atlanta dropped its final two games of the year. Had they won them, Montrea would be out. You can even extrapolate that even farther back and say that if Kari Lehotnen had not been injured so much this year, he'd have played more, Atlanta would have won more and we'd also be on the outside looking in. Thats what killed Atlanta. Lehtonen's injuries.

Yeah Tommy showed other pictures before. It is ballhockey or something like that, just on their feet. Not skates or something like that. And i believe it's the jersey from Kladno, Kladno Senators or something like that. It's not the ottawa shirt(allthough it looks the same :D )

I only saw a quick replay on the computer, but does it looks like Huet lost it a bit. Or did he play a good game?

... yes! Thanks Dutchie for quickly reaction :P.

Pics from last-year "street-hockey" season, here in Kladno. Pleky is proud to be a member of local team Habesovna Gladiators :)!

No Senators or another strange names ;)! (... BTW, two of my cousins are in this team too :))

... Pleky again, and his yearly "summer-captain" Jirka Motl (nickname "Giant") :D!

IMO, looks like Marty McSorley's younger brother, or not? :P

..... Pleky-33b.jpg .... kapitan3.jpg

..... and in Kladno jersey plays Pleky well too ;)!

Pleky-web-5.jpg

You should probably remind yourself the only reason Montreal is in the playoffs is because Atlanta dropped its final two games of the year. Had they won them, Montrea would be out. You can even extrapolate that even farther back and say that if Kari Lehotnen had not been injured so much this year, he'd have played more, Atlanta would have won more and we'd also be on the outside looking in. Thats what killed Atlanta. Lehtonen's injuries.

Right. And if Theodore hadn't sucked rocks for 20 games, the Habs would have had more wins. And if Markhov, Koivu and Kovy hadn't gone down for extended periods...blah, blah, blah. This is a silly way to think. The Habs deserve to be there. Which is not to deny that the Canes will probably obliterate them.

Right. And if Theodore hadn't sucked rocks for 20 games, the Habs would have had more wins. And if Markhov, Koivu and Kovy hadn't gone down for extended periods...blah, blah, blah. This is a silly way to think. The Habs deserve to be there. Which is not to deny that the Canes will probably obliterate them.

Hey thats ok that you have no idea what I was talking about. I understand that....its probably pretty hard for you to comprehend.

BUt atleast have some confidence that you team may win a game or atleast not get obliterated