Joe Passes The Rocket

jetsniper

With tonights OT winner, Joe sits all alone with the most playoff OT winners at 7 passing the famous Maurice Richard.

On a side note, anyone notice how similar the Canes/Habs and Stars/Avs series have gone? We've both dominated Game 1. We both blew a huge lead in Game 2 but still won in OT. Doesn't it feel good to be up 2-0 while going back to your own building?

Edited by JeanLucPilon

I KNOW! Nearly identical too. Here's a game breakdown:

Game one - The home team scores early and the visitors go on to score a whole bunch of unanswered goals.

Game two - The visiting team goes up by three goals in the first period. The home team scores four straight. Goes to overtime. The visitors win again.

If someone breaks a rocket Richard record, I'm glad it's joe sakic..one of the greatest clutch performer ever.

congrats joe!!

I wonder how many playoff games Sakic played compared to Richard.

In Richard's days, it was, at most, a 14 game post-season (two best-of-seven series).

Now it's as many as 28 games (four best-of-seven series).

So, not to sound picky again. It might be interesting to find out how many games it took for Sakic to reach that point compared to how many Richard played.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

I wonder how many playoff games Sakic played compared to Richard.

In Richard's days, it was, at most, a 14 game post-season (two best-of-seven series).

Now it's as many as 28 games (four best-of-seven series).

So, not to sound picky again. It might be interesting to find out how many games it took for Sakic to reach that point compared to how many Richard played.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

the bigger question is how many OT games...