Draft Day Trades

fromage

What the hell was Colorado thinking?

Leopold and 2 2nd picks (not even a 1st) for a guy like Tanguay :blink:

I don't get it...

Its Leopold and a 2006 2nd rounder for Tanguary and a conditional 2nd rounder in either 2007 or 2008

Is anyone else surprised that Boston dealt Raycroft to Toronto for only Rask? No Jay Harrison, Ian White, no Kyle Wellwood? Raycroft did have a rough sophomore year, but I think Boston could have gotten more than that. And it's not as though the Bruins really needed a young goalie, they have Hannu Toivonen. It's was surprising enough that he went to a divisional rival, but I think Toronto underpaid for him.

And someone get a memo to Patrice Bergeron. If you really like it in Boston, don't get into any contract disputes.

Is anyone else surprised that Boston dealt Raycroft to Toronto for only Rask? No Jay Harrison, Ian White, no Kyle Wellwood? Raycroft did have a rough sophomore year, but I think Boston could have gotten more than that. And it's not as though the Bruins really needed a young goalie, they have Hannu Toivonen. It's was surprising enough that he went to a divisional rival, but I think Toronto underpaid for him.

And someone get a memo to Patrice Bergeron. If you really like it in Boston, don't get into any contract disputes.

I think it was a great deal for Boston. Raycroft is not good at all. I think this was a great deal for Montreal as it keeps the Western star goalies out of Leafland and helps Montreal to get into the playoffs once again.

Martin Gerber rumours had him wanting to play for the Leafs and that would of concerned me because he is good, unlike Raycroft.

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

Yes, terrible trade for the Leafs. The Bruins don't make a huge gain because they already have enough goalies but now they have the better player with way better trade value in the future.

On the Leafs' side, they traded their best prospect away and STILL have a goalending problem. If you're going to trade Rask then get a Giguere or a Nabokov back. Not an unproven guy who is even less proven with the new rules.

According to ESPN the Kings offered up Garon, Frolov and Dustin Brown for Nabokov...that is one steep price. SJ didn't make the deal because they were division rivals. If either Frolov or Brown are offered straight up for Aebischer then that is enough to persuade me. ^_^ Of course this is pure speculation.

Quite the opposite, Raycroft is a 1 year wonder that is not worth much. I'm suprised Boston got so much in return for him. Thank you Ferguson for making an ass of your self once again and making the Laffs a non-playoff team next year. :lol:

Looks good for what we will be able to get in return for a better goalie like Aebischer.

Some possbile trades thrown around yesterday and the day before:

The Senators offered Martin Havlat, Ray Emery and Chris Phillips to

Florida for Luongo and presumably Krajicek, according to the Ottawa Citizen.

The Citizen also reported that on draft day the Senators were offered Vesa Toskala for Havlat..

Bye bye Tanguay!

:D

Not really much happend. He's just playing in your home city now. :lol:

No work ethic, injury prone, always wanting way more then he was worth, taking forever to sign a contract )lo and behold, hes an RFA right now). And he would only sign 1 year deals so we had to go through the same damn thing every offseason.

No work ethic, injury prone, always wanting way more then he was worth, taking forever to sign a contract )lo and behold, hes an RFA right now). And he would only sign 1 year deals so we had to go through the same damn thing every offseason.

Plus he was only good when playing with Sakic and Hejduk. When he played with Forsberg he had a good season, but it really was due to Forsberg. He is not a bad player, however I would be surprised to see him break 60 points with Calgary. (They have no playmakers)

Plus he was only good when playing with Sakic and Hejduk. When he played with Forsberg he had a good season, but it really was due to Forsberg. He is not a bad player, however I would be surprised to see him break 60 points with Calgary. (They have no playmakers)

Indeed. Unless Calgary goes and gets someone like Arnott or Savard, Tanguay will look very average.