Golf Haaaa How Can U Call That A Sport!

CoRvInA

Michelle Wee or what u call her has ended up in hospital for OVER exerting herself! HOW CAN U OVER DO ANYTHING while playing golf! if u were 89 years old maybe! but Holly!! One reason I hate the game! I wouldnt mind playing it but to think people make a living out of putting a ball in a hole in a man made environment and how much forest space this idiotic past time takes up is one more reason why our society is doomed!

You can overexert yourself more ways then just physically. The stress and pressure the mental game puts on you, especially at 16, is amazing. I knew this would happen to her sooner or later, she's got way too much pressure on her for a 16 year old.

And why go after golf for forest space? Atleast people are getting some kind of physical activity. Try condos or shopping malls before you go after golf courses.

sport Pronunciation (spôrt, sprt)

n.

1.a. Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.

b. A particular form of this activity.

2. An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively.

3. An active pastime; recreation.

Other than the brief definition, I'd definitely categorize golf a sport! To the topic, Michelli Wie I can easily see being exhausted from the stress she's been under, which everyone here will agree is not typical for a 16 year old girl.

You try walking around in pants and thick polo shirt in 100 degree weather. ITS HOT out there!

So, the weather is the only factor that makes it physically exhausting? I can walk around outside in hot weather in a pants and a polo, that doesn't mean I was playing golf.

The funny thing, Golf doesn't exactly have to be played outdoors. The point I'm getting at, is that under any circumstances, you won't break a sweat because of the movement golf requires. External conditions will dictate how physically exerting the game is.

If golf is a sport, then so is croquet, or horseshoe throwing.

Edited by fromage

You can use the same theory for baseball which is known as a major 4 sport in N.A.

And yeah, depending on what you're doing, you can break a sweat golfing whether its warm or cold, windy or sunny.

Guest Biff Malibu

I don't know about anybody else, but after I play a round of golf my arms and legs are hurtin' pretty bad. The pros make the game look easy, but trust me, it's anything but. Any round of golf for me that lasts more than 4.5 hours really takes a toll on my body. By the time I reach the last couple holes, I just don't have anything left.

Anyone that says golf isn't a sport has either never played it, or tried it, but doesn't have the patience to learn the game. Golf is the hardest sport on the planet, IMO. For someone's swing, body and timing to all come together at one time is pretty remarkable and rather difficult.

Edited by Biff Malibu

I played golf in high school. Its tough. Especially if the course is really hilly. I had to carry my own bag, had to play in docker pants (no shorts) and had to have a thick polo on in 90+ degree heat. Then the course gives you fits if you can't hit it straight. You have limited water to drink around. You get little rest, you're constantly walking. I did 18 holes once on a very hot day without any water or food and I about died.

Just ask this guy if golf isnt the Cuspid of the Americana Nightmare!

FallingDown.jpg

Priceless the scene when he's on the golf course!

ITS WHAT I THINK everytime I see grown fat north americans playing golf!

For those that don't know what I'm saying its in the movie "falling down"

I could stick my finger in my nostril for hours until my arms hurts and I'll call it a sport!

At my local golf course there is this dog leg to the right that goes up this huge hill. I hit a driver of the tee. It went into the trees about 250 yards away. Then I hit a 5 iron out of the rough well it hit a tree then went on the cart path and traveled all the way down the hill 150 yards backwards. Oh was I angry. Then I shanked the next stroke and hit a house. Then on the last hole it was dusk hit a seven iron out of the bag and hit the flag stick on a par 3. But I can't put worth a darn and from 2ft away I three putted.

If golf isn't mentally challenging I don't know what is.

At my local golf course there is this dog leg to the right that goes up this huge hill. I hit a driver of the tee. It went into the trees about 250 yards away. Then I hit a 5 iron out of the rough well it hit a tree then went on the cart path and traveled all the way down the hill 150 yards backwards. Oh was I angry. Then I shanked the next stroke and hit a house. Then on the last hole it was dusk hit a seven iron out of the bag and hit the flag stick on a par 3. But I can't put worth a darn and from 2ft away I three putted.

If golf isn't mentally challenging I don't know what is.

phil mickelson ?? is that you ??