Keenan Resigns From Florida

Athlétique.Canadien

I'm happy. We have to be glad that an eastern non playoff team is panicking and having Martin do a duel role. I'll buy that for a dollar :D

Liking Keenan or not is really irrelevant now. There will be all sorts of stories about their prospect base not getting icetime blah blah. Bad moves blah blah. Alot of "Iron Mike" speculation. But, why did they hire him in the first place? He's Iron Mike for petes sake. :wacko:

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

WTF !!!

why jack martin?? the guys doesn't have any experience as a gm and I never even liked him as a head coach in the first place.

well, good luck to him.

now get bob on the phone, I want boumeester. STAT !!

It might be easier to pluck young talent out of Florida now....Martin doesn't like young players for one reason or another. Just ask Jason Spezza.

and antoine vermette

damn, he put together a good team this year, i though they could make it to the playoffs,

Jovanovski, Bertuzzi, Allen

adding that to bouwmeester, hornton and jokinen,

they had a definite shot

damn, he put together a good team this year, i though they could make it to the playoffs,

Jovanovski, Bertuzzi, Allen

adding that to bouwmeester, hornton and jokinen,

they had a definite shot

Um, Jovo went to Phoenix, not Florida. :wacko:

Looks like there was a power struggle between Martin and Keenan. Wonder if that's true.

I wouldn't completly trust the reports out yet since there's most likely something not being told by either side that will probably surface in the media when the season begins.

LOL as a Saint Louisian who despises Keenan. YES! He's the devil with big giant horns here. Even though he did give us Pronger he pretty much destroyed the team. Well thats what the fans think anyway. He always was saying 'you'll thank me later' blah blah blah.

I agree. I put the blame on I.M. but you have to wonder how much sympathy can one give to FLA management. Surely they knew what they were getting into. Then, when the "cat acts like a cat", (to coin a phrase) they fire him :blink:

If Keenan was ever hired by the Montreal...um...anyone know where I can buy some really good rope? :P

St. Louis wanted someone to bring them to the promised land. They based their decision on his success in New York. They should have considered his brain injury too plus other history.

PS. He doesn't have a brain injury but sometimes I wonder if he does. :P