Preseason Game Thread | Montreal Vs. Toronto | 09/22/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

even though its preseason ... i feel such hatred for the f'n laffs... :angry: !!!

let's hope komi crushes tucker :wall: ... i'd like to lay the shoulder into 'en!!

Edited by newf

If our prospects and youth are so good, why have they been totally outplayed for 3 games. Are these guys not fighting to show what they can do.. so far, not much apparently

Sorry for the negativity, but this is getting sad. I wouldn't mind them losing if they were scoring, but few goals and poor defense is a bad mix. :(

Hey gang. Watching this game on Leafs TV and the Habs have to learn to not take penalties. The first two were bogus but the rest were penalties. Yes when in Toronto T-Dot always gets teh calls but Montreal needs to smarten up!

Latendresse (Sp) looks great! Kovalev is floating (Doug Gilmore mention this too)

Montreal is really fast and makes the LEafs look like they are standing still. Cannot wait to see Ribs and Koivus lines together in the same game. Anyone else have LEaf TV?

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

even though its preseason ... i feel such hatred for the f'n laffs... :angry: !!!

let's hope komi crushes tucker :wall: ... i'd like to lay the shoulder into 'en!!

hahaha Komi and GUi layed him out a couple of times.

Why oh why would I want leafs TV except for this 1 game?

Part of my sports package. Wanted Raptors and they gave me Leafs too. Just wonder if any others have the sports packages...

must be local sports pack, not even available down east

Wow, my Sen loving wife loves me!!!

She just told me to order NHL Center Ice on our digital.

Bless the lovely lady!

must be local sports pack, not even available down east

Wow, my Sen loving wife loves me!!!

She just told me to order NHL Center Ice on our digital.

Bless the lovely lady!

:clap: haha... Awesome!!! .. nothing better!!

If our prospects and youth are so good, why have they been totally outplayed for 3 games. Are these guys not fighting to show what they can do.. so far, not much apparently

Sorry for the negativity, but this is getting sad. I wouldn't mind them losing if they were scoring, but few goals and poor defense is a bad mix. :(

This is exhibition - these games themselves mean nothing as far as win or lose results go...

What matters most to a coach is how players respond. What they do in situations and how they mix as lines/units. Who plays well together and who doesn't?

Far too much movement in line combos and putting different players in different situations to put any stock in the scoreboard. Vets who are a lock are tuning up for the season and the coaches are aware of that. They are watching the rookies and potential candidates for their performance, not the scoreboard like fans are.

You have guys paired together who aren't used to each other, as well as the fact you may be icing a somewhat a weaker roster some nights against a teams better one?

Who cares if they lose all the pre-season games as long as they have the right players ready for what counts. You hate too lose but I know as a coach that you aren't that concerned about your win loss record right now, as you are about who is going to make the team.

There is a totally different minset between a fan and the coaching staff.....

Edited by beliveau1

Well, 4 -1 now.

Sounds like the habs are being outworked again. They also seem to have all kinds of trouble scoring.

I sure hope Carbo gives them hell and lets them know that preseason or not, the effort has to improve.

Pretty dissapointed right now in these "rookies'.

Ah.. 5-1 now

This is exhibition - these games themselves mean nothing as far as win or lose results go...

What matters most to a coach is how players respond. What they do in situations and how they mix as lines/units. Who plays well together and who doesn't?

Far too much movement in line combos and putting different players in different situations to put any stock in the scoreboard. Vets who are a lock are tuning up for the season and the coaches are aware of that. They are watching the rookies and potential candidates for their performance, not the scoreboard like fans are.

You have guys paired together who aren't used to each other, as well as the fact you may be icing a somewhat a weaker roster some nights against a teams better one?

Who cares if they lose all the pre-season games as long as they have the right players ready for what counts. You hate too lose but I know as a coach that you aren't that concerned about your win loss record right now, as you are about who is going to make the team.

There is a totally different minset between a fan and the coaching staff.....

Everything you say is true, for both teams. the fact remains that the rookies are not showing anything, the commentators have continually commented that the effort is not really there, and the offense is completely gone.

The Leaf vets seem to be scoring. The leaf rookies are scoring. And the Leaf goalie is playing very well. We can't say that about that habs in any game yet.

How the team responds is exactly what I am worried about, they are not responding.

hahaha Komi and GUi layed him out a couple of times.

Part of my sports package. Wanted Raptors and they gave me Leafs too. Just wonder if any others have the sports packages...

Part of my Total Rogers Digital package - get to watch some old footage of vintage games once in a while!

Funny thing is they show the Laffs getting beat once and a while too? Sooner or later I'm betting they'll put an end that though - can't have any reality in LeafNation, now can we.....

WTF happened? It was 3-1 and I hit refresh and all of a sudden it's 5-1.. WTF :blink:

Everything you say is true, for both teams. the fact remains that the rookies are not showing anything, the commentators have continually commented that the effort is not really there, and the offense is completely gone.

The Leaf vets seem to be scoring. The leaf rookies are scoring. And the Leaf goalie is playing very well. We can't say that about that habs in any game yet.

How the team responds is exactly what I am worried about, they are not responding.

We could go back to 2002-03 when killer Czerkawski led the Canadiens to an 8-2 record in presesaon.

We missed the playoffs that year.