2007 Nhl Yearbook

shortcat1

What's with that? :angry2: :?- :angry: :?- :angry2:

Aren't there other players who could have made that cover? What about Mark Staal? Alex Ovechkin? Sydney what's his name? Roberto Luongo? Cam Ward? etc????

In the past, often one of the most influential players on the Stanley Cup winning team gets on the cover.

Interestingly, on the 1994 NHL Yearbook, Patrick Roy, who was the player instrumental in winning Montreal's 24th Stanley Cup (he even won the Conn Smythe), wasn't even on the player. If my memory is correct, it was Joe Sakic who was on the cover. It was really 'shocking'.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

What's with that? :angry2: :?- :angry: :?- :angry2:

Aren't there other players who could have made that cover? What about Mark Staal? Alex Ovechkin? Sydney what's his name? Roberto Luongo? Cam Ward? etc????

In the past, often one of the most influential players on the Stanley Cup winning team gets on the cover.

Interestingly, on the 1994 NHL Yearbook, Patrick Roy, who was the player instrumental in winning Montreal's 24th Stanley Cup (he even won the Conn Smythe), wasn't even on the player. If my memory is correct, it was Joe Sakic who was on the cover. It was really 'shocking'.

Maybe Mats will hang em up after this year and since he will not be seen in a picture with the cup (photoshop excluded) they decided to honour him with a cover pic.

OR....

Maybe he bought the publisher. :D

and on top of that, on the Canadiens page, in the second sentence, they write "They (the Canadiens) need their 24th title (the Stanley Cup)..."

24th? :o

Surely the editor couldn't have missed that... it's one of the big, important, primal numbers by pretty well the most storied franchise in the NHL... :wacko::wacko::blink:

24 STANLEY CUPS! :ghg: :ghg: :ghg:

WAKE...... UP!!!!

Sbeeeeshhhhhhhhh..........

and on top of that, on the Canadiens page, in the second sentence, they write "They (the Canadiens) need their 24th title (the Stanley Cup)..."

this all goes back to the way you count cups... the first one wasnt an NHL awarded cup.

this all goes back to the way you count cups... the first one wasnt an NHL awarded cup.

ouch... my split hairs are hurting me....

Was it that or are they counting the 1919 influenza epidemic that cancelled the awarding of the cup and Montreal Retained then?

Was it that or are they counting the 1919 influenza epidemic that cancelled the awarding of the cup and Montreal Retained then?

no, from wikipedia:

In 1916 the Canadiens beat the Portland Rosebuds of the Pacific Coast Hockey Association to win their first Stanley Cup; and they returned to the finals the following season, only to lose to the Seattle Metropolitans.

The NHL only began operations in 1917 (before that the canadiens played in the NHA, the proto-NHL). Even after its inception, the NHL did not 'own' cup-awarding rights until 1926.

Actually the 1918 cup was won by the Toronto Arenas (later Maple Leafs), so they were the 'defending cup champs' in 1920. When computing the Leafs' championships, the '18 cup win is not counted twice (much like the '04 lightning).

Edited by simonus

In 1916 the Canadiens beat the Portland Rosebuds of the Pacific Coast Hockey Association

I have a rule that you don't count any cups in which you had to beat "The Rosebuds." I'm sorry.

I have a rule that you don't count any cups in which you had to beat "The Rosebuds." I'm sorry.

hey, give portland credit. I believe this was they helped developed the faceoff (I believe this was the first Cup series where this technique was employed).

Correct me if I am wrong but is there not a movie about the Rosebud???

something Kane :king:

If you want your Habs cover, you gotta respond to one of their subscription offers where they do the team giveaways. For about three years straight, I got the Leafs cover, living out here on the Rock. When I renewed, they were giving away free keychains, and I told them I wanted the Habs. ever since then, I've gotten the Habs cover on the Yearbook.

Or, just e-mail themtelling them that in future, you want the Habs cover.

Mat Sundin is one of many great hockey players that has never won a Stanley Cup.

He's also a great ambassadore for the sport and a great captain. Im a bit proud of that both Finland and Sweden have captains in the two greatest Canadian hockeyteams.

Even if I have learnt to hate the Maple Leafs I cannot have any hard feelings towards Sundin.

Even if I have learnt to hate the Maple Leafs I cannot have any hard feelings towards Sundin.

yeah he's soooo cute and inoffensive( espsecialy in the playoffs)!!