Game Thread | Montreal Vs. Buffalo | 10/06/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn that was close...

great save by huet before then... I can't help but notice that the kovy line is getting burned a lot by BUF

Well, that was a crappy pass by our great new defenseman... Yikes.

baaah~ give him a break : it'S his first game with us ;)

huet is there to stop it anyway~ dunt owrry :rolleyes::rolleyes:

:lol:

i LUV tender's intensity hehe

First Period Observations:

Habs stopped skating after the too many men penalty. Buffalo really controlled the play for the later third of that period and forced some turnovers in the Habs end. Higgins is working really hard, no surprise there, but he's one of the noticeable Habs on the ice. Ryder, what a laser to the short side on the PP. Great puck movement on that powerplay. The only lines that are worth mentioning...Begin's line, and Koivu's. Latendresse doesn't look out of place, but just relax. Markov-Komisarek...I like that tandem. Niinimaa-Dandenault, Dandy has obviously been given the green light to jump in on the play. Huet, looks solid in net. Great save on Mair, and a better save by the ref on Afinegenov...haha.

Despite the 1 goal lead, Carbonneau should be digging into this team a bit this intermission, too many turnovers at the end of that period and almost no sustained pressure in the offensive zone the entire period.

Habs stopped skating after the too many men penalty. Buffalo really controlled the play for the later third of that period and forced some turnovers in the Habs end. Higgins is working really hard, no surprise there, but he's one of the noticeable Habs on the ice. Ryder, what a laser to the short side on the PP. Great puck movement on that powerplay. The only lines that are worth mentioning...Begin's line, and Koivu's. Latendresse doesn't look out of place, but just relax. Markov-Komisarek...I like that tandem. Niinimaa-Dandenault, Dandy has obviously been given the green light to jump in on the play. Huet, looks solid in net. Great save on Mair, and a better save by the ref on Afinegenov...haha.

Despite the 1 goal lead, Carbonneau should be digging into this team a bit this intermission, too many turnovers at the end of that period and almost no sustained pressure in the offensive zone the entire period.

Slow starters. As always with the Canadiens. Watch out. They're warming up now :hlogo:

as a group I wasn't impressed by their defensive play. don't forget to send that ref a christmas card.

Well put... I would add that the Pleks line is getting too fancy, and that they need to simplify their game...