Game Thread | Montreal Vs. Philadelphia | 10/11/06

Cataclaw

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Need to be 20 by Sept to be allowed to play in the AHL. That's why it was juniors or NHL. He'll stay in the NHL all season long, gradually getting used to the speed.

I guess he's a long term project but some fans are going to be disappointed with him and lose patience. Some people had him scoring 30 goals or more his first season which seems like a long shot at best. To go to Hamilton he would have to clear waivers so that isn't going to happen. He may still end up in juniors. I think he can play 10 games before he can't be sent down. It wouldn't be such a surprise for a 19 yr old kid. Don't know if there is much left for him to learn there but if the pressure becomes unbearable in Montreal then it could save his ass.

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder played amazingly well.. I also noticed how Ryder improved his game by a lot hitting more, better player, and better Defensivly Carbo what have you done :D.

Ryder was playing on the PK and he did a pretty good job at it..

Oh yeah i almost forgot, Tie Domi called Ryder a bad skater on TSN, Tie Domi= Worst skater of all time/ Tub of lard

TSN is what? I don't know what that is???

Oh ya, Tie's Stupid Network. Don't listen to him, he was not a hockey player and has to think real hard to put a sentence together.

Good game by the Habs, I warned my Philly friends got to watch out for Saku's line, they laughed and what, 2 goals by the line!

Go habs....

I guess he's a long term project but some fans are going to be disappointed with him and lose patience. Some people had him scoring 30 goals or more his first season which seems like a long shot at best. To go to Hamilton he would have to clear waivers so that isn't going to happen. He may still end up in juniors. I think he can play 10 games before he can't be sent down. It wouldn't be such a surprise for a 19 yr old kid. Don't know if there is much left for him to learn there but if the pressure becomes unbearable in Montreal then it could save his ass.

he does not have to clear waivers because he CAN NOT BE SENT TO THE AHL HE IS TOO YOUNG!

I'd have to say give Aebischer one last game, then switch to Huet for a bit and see if he can match Abby's performance. If he does, keep alternating for a while.

So give Abby saturday, and regardless of his performance, give the one after to Huet.

3 to 1? Im at work still just cant wait to see the game when I get home (set the VCR)

SO IS BOBBY CLARK GONNA CALL GAINEY OR WHAT?

clearly... Aby was also put on the showroom floor tonight... Nikiemikiananki whatever from Flyers played well but there is so much cortizone you can inject!... heheh I dont wanna trade no one now ... but I can betya Clarke liked what he saw! and you better bet your nickle NO team will let the habs keep two HOT goalies

Anyways it looks like habs had their tank on empty before the Flyers did and we had 3 days between games... hmmm Carbo should whip one tomorrow!

Just a little rundown and I agree with what most of you have been saying.

G

Aebischer was very good again tonight, helped out on occasion by D and F but still geting the job done.

D

Dandenault another strong game. He's been GREAT so far this season, his speed is amazing he's reading the plays well, got to watch the penalties but some have been very questionable.

Niinima: Starting to fit in, played very well tonight.

Komisarek: Looking like a force, great decisions, and physical play.

Markov: Not all there yet but coming around.

Rivet: Much better tonight, but I still noticed some hesitation, amazing difference against a slow team though.

Sourray: See Rivet.

F

Koivu Ryder Higgins: Awesome again, all over, and Koivu and Higgins are great on the PK too

Sammy Plex Kovy: Much better tonight. Sammy was really competing. Seem to be starting to get it together.

Zhogs Bonk Johnson: Excellent game by this line in my opinion. Bonk was actually playing physical and he and johnson were very good on the PK. Zhogs had his best game of the year, he was using his body and winning battles.

Lats Begin Downey: Downey's speed (beleive it) made a huge difference replacing Murray. He was all over and Begin as usual was awesome. Lats showed some flashes but needs to watch the long shifts.

Too young..never heard that before..there's an age limit for the AHL but not the NHL? That doesn't sound right.

It's true. He has to stay in the NHL for the year. No problem his contract is not that big and will earn his money. Just have to keep in mind he is a Young'n Just like Komisarek last year and now look how well he is doing.

Zhogs Bonk Johnson: Excellent game by this line in my opinion. Bonk was actually playing physical and he and johnson were very good on the PK. Zhogs had his best game of the year, he was using his body and winning battles.

I havent seen the game but I think Zhogs likes slow moving targets!

Lats Begin Downey: Downey's speed (beleive it) made a huge difference replacing Murray. He was all over and Begin as usual was awesome. Lats showed some flashes but needs to watch the long shifts.

We got a Goalie Tandem and a Energy/enforcer/bodychecker tamdem too hey it works for me too! I say after Lats home debut if he still doesnt do much we sit him and let Murray and Downey play... just for one game so as to make the kid think twice!

what a boring game tonight...eww.

at least we won the game and our second line scored.

kudos at the third line on a job well done.

he does not have to clear waivers because he CAN NOT BE SENT TO THE AHL HE IS TOO YOUNG!

Just had a quick look at the Albany River Rats roster and came up with this:

Kyle Cumiskey D L 5-10 185 Dec. 2, 1986 Abbotsford, BC

This guy is 19 so clearly Latendresse is not too young to go to the AHL. He wouldn't clear waivers though.

This guy is 19 so clearly Latendresse is not too young to go to the AHL. He wouldn't clear waivers though.

86 birth year compared to 87 birth year.

Even if we could send Lats down to Hamilton, he doesn't need to clear waivers because he's a ROOKIE!!!! Kostitsyn doesn't have to clear waivers either!!!!

86 birth year compared to 87 birth year.

Even if we could send Lats down to Hamilton, he doesn't need to clear waivers because he's a ROOKIE!!!! Kostitsyn doesn't have to clear waivers either!!!!

Ther'ye both 19 and that's what counts. Clearing waivers is not the issue. Jmmr stated that he was too young at 19 to go to the AHL but this is clearly false. Both him and InsaneAVSfan have been given misinformation.

Too young..never heard that before..there's an age limit for the AHL but not the NHL? That doesn't sound right.

Its a sorta compromise to junior leagues dont get depleted. Otherwise all the best junior players would end up in the AHL at 18.

Ther'ye both 19 and that's what counts. Clearing waivers is not the issue. Jmmr stated that he was too young at 19 to go to the AHL but this is clearly false. Both him and InsaneAVSfan have been given misinformation.

It has to with being eligible to play junior hockey. If you still have a year of junior left, you're not allowed in the AHL. What has happened is the Albany player was born in 1986, so started playing junior hockey a year earlier than Lats, and has thus finished his junior hockey career a year earlier, allowing him to report for AHL duty. Do you understand now?

Its a sorta compromise to junior leagues dont get depleted. Otherwise all the best junior players would end up in the AHL at 18.

exactly.

besides: cumiskey will turn 20 in a few weeks so there's not point of sending him back in junior.

same story for mathieu aubin and matt d'agostini.

If a player has played in the WHL , OHL , QMJHL, he cannot play on any other team/league other than the NHL until age 20 or has played 4 years of Junior.

College, European etc do not have an age limit ... so they at 18 can play in the AHL if they want to ... altough college players would lose there collage elligibility.

We're not making this up. ITS A RULE! Chipper was drafted a year before Latendresse. Birth year 86 vs 87. Chipper will turn 20 this season, Latendresse won't turn 20 until next season.

NCAA and European guys can play in the AHL anytime after being drafted, just have to be under contract.

CHL guys need to complete 4 years of Junior, or be 20 (Chipchura again).

CHL guys can report to AHL teams after their club team gets eliminated, this only happens when they are 19 or 20. For example, Chipchura played 8 games for Hamilton as a 19 year old after Prince Albert was eliminated from the WHL playoffs last season.

Clearly Lats dont fit any of those criterions so HE CAN'T BE SENT DOWN TO AHL!

exactly.

besides: cumiskey will turn 20 in a few weeks so there's not point of sending him back in junior.

same story for mathieu aubin and matt d'agostini.

Who?

If a player has played in the WHL , OHL , QMJHL, he cannot play on any other team/league other than the NHL until age 20 or has played 4 years of Junior.

that player can play in the nhl. it's more of a matter of where will they go if they'Re to be sent down.

Mike Johnson is the BEST FREE ######er EVER!

wow... can't believe we GAINED one round through indirectly switching Zednik for him :)

He's way better on the forecheck, way more creative offensively, way stronger, and he backchecks and plays with heart... WOW.

why in the world did Phoenix got rid of that guy (who was playing on their 1st line 2 years ago)

wow... can't believe we GAINED one round through indirectly switching Zednik for him :)

He's way better on the forecheck, way more creative offensively, way stronger, and he backchecks and plays with heart... WOW.

why in the world did Phoenix got rid of that guy (who was playing on their 1st line 2 years ago)

No one was playing on their first line two years ago. ;)

BTW who knows how many picks are we at for the next draft? I think we got a couple in a few rounds... I'm hoping we can trade up come draft season.... wish we had the two first picks of FrenchCanadians like before!