Game Thread | Montreal Vs. Philadelphia | 10/11/06

Cataclaw

No one was playing on their first line two years ago. ;)

good point.

the coyotes are a joke. as long as gretzky will be involved, I think they won't be anywhere near a playoff spot.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh ok, I thought it was just an age thing and seeing that Kyle Cumiskey was 19 as well proved that Latendresse could be sent down. But that still doesn't mean he won't end up in juniors if the coaching staff feels that he isn't ready and that public demand is too much. Don't want this guy being burnt out by pressure at such a young age like has happened before to other promising young players.

Mike Johnson is the BEST FREE ######er EVER!

wow... can't believe we GAINED one round through indirectly switching Zednik for him :)

He's way better on the forecheck, way more creative offensively, way stronger, and he backchecks and plays with heart... WOW.

why in the world did Phoenix got rid of that guy (who was playing on their 1st line 2 years ago)

two words: salary dump

Mike Johnson is the BEST FREE ######er EVER!

wow... can't believe we GAINED one round through indirectly switching Zednik for him :)

He's way better on the forecheck, way more creative offensively, way stronger, and he backchecks and plays with heart... WOW.

why in the world did Phoenix got rid of that guy (who was playing on their 1st line 2 years ago)

by doing those two trades I believe we bettered our draft position by a 100 spots.

like I said before: a washington 3rd round pick is almost as good as a calgary 2nd round pick.

can anyone find out where the habs stand in PK in the NHL should be interesting....and habs didnt look interested in the 3rd period...what the hell was that all about?

Edited by habs_in_the_blood

SWEET WE KICKED SOME SERIOUS BUTT AND WON!!!!!

AWESOME!!!

and on the test front it was open book!!!!!!

spanish test right ??

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say we kicked serious butt, but we managed to leave town with two BIG points.

you just won the Hw hockey cliché contest. congrats !! :P

Yup spanish test open book. hehehehe

Plus its going to be 0 C tonight here in st. louis.

I love the cold and I love working in the cold!

I'm planning of taking a language course next semester... I finished school in may and I already miss it.

since I know little spnanish I'd like to continue or I might take on german or some other foreign languages.

Take spanish. Since its the most spoken language in the americas. Germans kinda pointless unless you want to visit Germany, Austria or Switzerland since old Eastern European countries don't speak german anymore.

good point but I think I love challenges and I'm not sur spanish would offer so much. anyways I'm planning on learnig as many languages as possible.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/

go to the audio/video part it the middle of the page.

thanks - dont you hate it when the dont put all the goals in though? why did they only show 2?

NHL.COM has highlights, and puts all goals in!

(not under videos, but under scores and than the montreal-Philly box. )

will check it out now.

can anyone find out where the habs stand in PK in the NHL should be interesting....and habs didnt look interested in the 3rd period...what the hell was that all about?

The third period was not the Canadiens best thats for sure.

The habs rank 6th in the pk, the avs, oilers, pens and devils are yet to give up a power play goal and the Flyers also have a better pk.

The third period was not the Canadiens best thats for sure.

The habs rank 6th in the pk, the avs, oilers, pens and devils are yet to give up a power play goal and the Flyers also have a better pk.

Yeah but were above in the rankings aint we?

Take spanish. Since its the most spoken language in the americas. Germans kinda pointless unless you want to visit Germany, Austria or Switzerland since old Eastern European countries don't speak german anymore.

I agree on Spanish, as my wife work for Xerox and makes more due to here having the language skills, she also speaks French. German is good if you are in real estate as they are buying it all up, at least here they are.

As for the game....

Good win, even though we almost blew it, Abby looked good again, although he got lucky more than a few times. Philly hit a few posts and missed a few open shots when he was beat. Saku rocked again, man this guy is intense. Speaking of intensity, that was what impresssed me the most about the Habs, they played with more heart than I can remember them having for a long time . It seems as if they realize that if they play their best they can beat anyone in the league. Good to see, as it is true. Ryder may just be the best player ever to leave the rock, NFLD that is for non-Canadians. Johnson is a great addition and Dandy looked superb. We took a few bad penalties, but not like last year, and our Pp needs work. So far this season, although it is barely underway, I have little to whine about.

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

I agree on Spanish, as my wife work for Xerox and makes more due to here having the language skills, she also speaks French. German is good if you are in real estate as they are buying it all up, at least here they are.

As for the game....

Good win, even though we almost blew it, Abby looked good again, although he got lucky more than a few times. Philly hit a few posts and missed a few open shots when he was beat. Saku rocked again, man this guy is intense. Speaking of intensity, that was what impresssed me the most about the Habs, they played with more heart than I can remember them having for a long time . It seems as if they realize that if they play their best they can beat anyone in the league. Good to see, as it is true. Ryder may just be the best player ever to leave the rock, NFLD that is for non-Canadians. Johnson is a great addition and Dandy looked superb. We took a few bad penalties, but not like last year, and our Pp needs work. So far this season, although it is barely underway, I have little to whine about.

i genuinely believe if carolina are capable of winning a cup then why cant we this year?

Ther'ye both 19 and that's what counts. Clearing waivers is not the issue. Jmmr stated that he was too young at 19 to go to the AHL but this is clearly false. Both him and InsaneAVSfan have been given misinformation.

Should I Feel insulted from that statement? :o I think with a screen name like dumpsamsonov you should prove the following:

Why should Samsonov be dumped.

If you bother to listen to Bob McKenzie you would have known the facts about Latandresse.

Just my 2 cents! :D

Edited by InsaneAVSfan