Movies

habs_in_the_blood

No country was amazing, but the ending seemed a little forced. I can't wait to see buy it on DVD though...

American History X is also one of my favourites, such a powerful film.

I thought the ending was perfect - not sure if it left the entire theatre quiet on your side, but it did when I watched, hehe. (Don't think that's a spoiler in any way for those who haven't seen it).

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well most people were just puzzled. Ill confess i missed the very beginning (Tommy Lee Jones voiceover from what i gathered from wikipedia) so that mighth have been why.

Your right though, while i wasn't entirely happy with the ending, it did fit well with the rest of the movie.

Best villain i think i've ever seen by the way...

No country was amazing, but the ending seemed a little forced. I can't wait to see buy it on DVD though...

It was a brilliant film !!

Well most people were just puzzled. Ill confess i missed the very beginning (Tommy Lee Jones voiceover from what i gathered from wikipedia) so that mighth have been why.

Your right though, while i wasn't entirely happy with the ending, it did fit well with the rest of the movie.

Best villain i think i've ever seen by the way...

Best villain by far! This guy should win some big awards for his gig, heh.

Yeah, thing about the end is that it's linked to the beginning and really the whole subplot of the film (which you could argue is actually the main theme of the movie).

I'm anxious to see I am Legend. I thought it looked awesome in the original previews where it was just Will Smith and a messed up city... however, when they brought out those goulie looking creatures I got a bit worried that the film wouldn't be as good as I imagined. Probably going to go catch it at the IMAX tomorrow.

Powerful is the right word. It had me from the first minute to the last.

lolololol

i needed that laugh after seeing I am Legend LOL

It wasn't a bad movie, only thing I didn't like was how abrupt the ending was. Seems like there could have been another 20 minutes leading up to it.

Btw, I know exactly why you disliked the movie, so let's not even get into that.

lmao if yuo guys like those, check out these - http://www.angryalien.com/

Yesterday I watched Gangs of New York and the Basketball Diaries (a movie with Leo and Mark Wahlberg when they were younger). I thought Gangs was good but overlong and Diaries was okay but I didn't think DiCaprio's performance was as good as he's given credit for in that movie - if you want to see an amazing acting performance look for him in What's Eatign Gilbert Grape.

&&&&&&& I'm going to see P.S. I Love You Soon (don't ask lol) and me and my friends are planning to go to the AMC and see Juno, No Country for Old Men and Sweeney Todd consecutively. :D

I was VERY disappointed with Requiem For A Dream. Not because it was a bad movie but it was just so damn disturbing, I could hardly even look at the screen for the final half hour of the (90 minute) movie. Uggh.... I'm literally shivering, I think I need to be treated for shock or something....

Sweeney Todd tonight, that'll probably replace my nightmares of Ellen Burstyn ODing with Johnny Depp cutting people's throats open with razors. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my ratings for some recent movies ive seen in theatres.

No Country for Old Men 9.5/10

Charlie Wilson's War 8/10 (PSH steals the show)

The Kite Runner 8.5/10 (probably would have been higher if i hadn't already read the book)

Juno 7.5/10 (really funny at parts, really sappy at parts, and really weird and awkward at parts)

I also saw Platoon on DVD, great movie, i can see where Oliver Stone got his reputation (that he has failed to live up to recently according to many...)

With the money i've receive for Christmas, I bought Lord of the Rings trilogy Extended editions.

LOTR was already my favourite movie (as a whole). But now, with the extended and all the details coming from the books we can see in these movies, I don't even think some movie will EVER pass LOTR on my top chart.

WOW ! 12 hours of pure magic !

Wow.. it's day 14 of my 16 day winter break and here is the list of all he movies I've seen in those 2 weeks so far.

The Basketball Diaries

21 Grams

Juno

PS I Love You

The Seventh Seal

Little Children

Hard Candy

American Pie: Band Camp (*shrugs* it was on TV)

New York, New York

American Psycho

This Is Spinal Tap

Easy Rider

Vertigo

Das Boot

Dirty Dancing

Dirty Dancing 2: Havana Nights (these two, my dad wanted to see because my dad likes salsa music)

Blade Runner

Blue Velvet

American Beauty (wow, what a movie - Kevin Spacey can do no wrong)

Gangs of New York

From Hell

Requiem For A Dream

Serpico

Bon Cop Bad Cop

That makes 24 in 14 days. And those are only the ones I can remember, there could be more.

I love winter break.

I also saw Platoon on DVD, great movie, i can see where Oliver Stone got his reputation (that he has failed to live up to recently according to many...)

That's funny, I transfered it from video to DVD about a week ago. I hadn't watched the movie in years. It felt kinda refreshing to see Charalie Sheen in a non-comedy role.

Requiem for a dream is one of those movies that I thought were great but couldn't stand to watch a second time (along with Lars von Trier's Breaking the waves and Dancer in the dark). Each of those movies made me into a wreck of a man, no movie I've seen before or since have made me that depressed.

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

Wow.. it's day 14 of my 16 day winter break and here is the list of all he movies I've seen in those 2 weeks so far.

21 Grams

The Seventh Seal

American Psycho

This Is Spinal Tap

Easy Rider

Vertigo

Blade Runner

Blue Velvet

American Beauty (wow, what a movie - Kevin Spacey can do no wrong)

From Hell

Requiem For A Dream

Serpico

That makes 24 in 14 days. And those are only the ones I can remember, there could be more.

I love winter break.

A lot of great movies.

What did you think of The Seventh Seal?

A lot of great movies.

What did you think of The Seventh Seal?

I liked it a lot, the character of Death was one of my favourites all-time. It's a very artistic movie.

"Requiem for a dream is one of those movies that I thought were great but couldn't stand to watch a second time"

I thought Requiem For a Dream was great but I couldn't stand to watch it for a first time. The first hour was incredible and then the final half hour was too disturbing for me to watch, I kept looking away and I was just waiting for it to end. But now that I can think back on it without all the disturbing images in front of my face, I think it's amazing and again, a true piece of art. I like movies like this more than movies like Juno where it's tons of fun to watch but isn't too good fundamentally or artistically (okay acting, unrealistic characters, etc...)

But my favourite movie I've watched over the break has been American Beauty. It's just amazing, every single aspect of it.

• 2 weeks later...
I went to see There will be blood last night.

One of the best movies I have seen in years....Daniel Day Lewis is a great actor.

Yeah, I saw it too and I liked it but not as much as a lot of other people.

So can anyone explain why Juno (along with Jason Reitman and Ellen Page) were all nominated for major awards? :rolleyes:

Yeah, I saw it too and I liked it but not as much as a lot of other people.

So can anyone explain why Juno (along with Jason Reitman and Ellen Page) were all nominated for major awards? :rolleyes:

Probably because it was kind of artsy. I thought it was a pretty average movie, and if I was a girl I probably would have gotten a "lot more out of it". Ellen Page was pretty good in it I thought and was the best part of it.

At the start of the movie I did not like her character at all...but she grew on me.

Anyways no way they win but go Canada.

Probably because it was kind of artsy. I thought it was a pretty average movie, and if I was a girl I probably would have gotten a "lot more out of it". Ellen Page was pretty good in it I thought and was the best part of it.

At the start of the movie I did not like her character at all...but she grew on me.

Anyways no way they win but go Canada.

Yea, it was a very entertaining comedy but not Oscar quality at all. Juno was nominated over Into the Wild (an awesome movie IMO, I liked it even more than There Will Be Blood) and Eastern Promises, which I haven't seen but I'm sure is more deserving of a serious award than Juno. Same thing for Ellen Page, she was good but not good enough considered to the performances she was picked ahead of. I'm also a bit disappointed that Paul Dano wasn't nominated for Best Supporting but it wasn't much of a surprise.

There Will Be Blood is the next flick on my "to see" list.

I saw The Bucket List the other day. Not a bad movie - halarious and absolutely sad at the same time, but still pretty much what I expected.

Since i saw the Eddie Vedder videoclip i'm really looking forward for that movie, but STUPID i have to wait till February

till its here in the cinemas

One of the better movies I've ever seen, the cinematography is unbelievable.