Ribeiro On Pace For 102 Point Season

The Saint

Ribeiro's Point Total  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Ribs will end the season with how many points?

• 40+
    • 50+
    • 60+
    • 70+
    • 80+
    • 90+
    • 102 or Higher

He's in a good team and with the right people on his wing Ribs can put up numbers.

Remember he was a top scorer with the Habs as well but Gainey needed size and defense.

he's showinf off to his new team...things will be back to normal soon.

besides, I don't care how the players that we traded away are doing. If the players does good, fine but if he sucks, fine too.

to me, it's more a matter of what we got in return for that said player.

60+ ... + means anywhere up to 80, but not more. 3 of his 5 points were in 1 game vs LA. Ribs will get his share of easy points vs LA and Phoenix since Dallas will play those division rivals often. Ribs wouldnt have had that luxury in the Habs division where all games will be tight this year.

In any case, its even clearer now with Dandy out and Rivet hurt that we really needed an extra D like Niinimaa, so even if Ribs does well in Dallas its not too much of a heartbreak. We knew that was the price to pay.

if he gets a lots of points... then... it's GOOD FOR HIM!

i'm kinda careless about his production :P

but if i have to answer, i'll say sumthing like 60 points...

I will say somewhere in the range 65-75 if he stays healthy. I am sure Dallas will give him ample PP time and will get to play with some guys with a very differnt skill set from him. But he will not produce evenstrength points with any consistancy.

I think he's going to put up better numbers, as the Western Conference's style of hockey is better suited to his game. Everyone needs to remember that if Ribeiro puts up a huge number of points in Dallas, you can be sure that he wouldn't have been able to duplicate that in Montreal.

I think he's going to put up better numbers, as the Western Conference's style of hockey is better suited to his game. Everyone needs to remember that if Ribeiro puts up a huge number of points in Dallas, you can be sure that he wouldn't have been able to duplicate that in Montreal.

LOL but everyone knows people won't see it that way.

I went optimistic, considering a full season with plenty of PP duty, and chose 70+.

It seems like there is this strange huge difference between the 60-some and70-some point range...maybe that's just me...

I only care about losing Ribs because of what we got back, not much. Yes, a vet defenseman helps, but who seriously thought that getting another 5/6 defenseman was the biggest hole we had.

If we traded Ribs and a young gun for a real top center I could understand, but so far, we are hurting down the middle.

It is still early, but Pleks does not look like a number two guy (he never has either). I am not sure how much Ribs could fix the Kovalev problem, but clearly Pleks is not the answer either. From what I can see, Gainey is going to need to make a move at some point to get another center.

We would be a far better team with Pleks back at the number 3 spot, with Bonk on the 4th, Begin on his wing. IMO.

Edited by brobin