Possible New Line Up Predictions

umpalumpa55

I am very glad to see perezhogin playing well...as he is one of my favorite habs. He is rounding into a more mature version of the dynamic Zhogs we saw at the start of last season when he played with saks and kovy.

I think samsonov is still trying to find his groove, hes got the skill to do it, but i think he needs to find the right players that will allow him to gel quicky.... Samsonov is totally not gellin :D

Kovalev likes to slow the play down and go laterally alot, and plekanec, even tho he is a fast skater, doesnt play as much of a run and gun style that sergie does.

The ppl best suited to play with samsonov in my opinion are guys like koivu (who makes anyone he plays with better), perezhogin (who i think can play any role), and the guy who i think possibly suits him well would be kosty (call him up).

Then possible lines could look something like this:

Higgins Koivu Ryder

Perezhogin Plekanec Kovalev

Latendresse Bonk Johnson

Samsonov Begin Kostitsyn

Line 1: Self Exlanitory....these guys just click with each other

Line 2: Kovalev was kind of a mentor to Zhogs last season, and they played well together as zhogs, in my mind is a blend of a power forward who can win many battles along the boards and dig out pucks for kovy to shoot, and a quick, finesse, skill player who can finish his own plays (3 posts so far). As well plekanec and zhogs played amazing together in the playoffs last year. The line seems much more balanced this way

Line 3: Considering Bonk has found his old form, so far, and johnson is as steady as i expected, if not better, i think putting Lats on this line will give him a good start to his transition from checking line

duites to scoring line duties. This will give him more offensive opportunities so we can get a better glimpse of what this kid can do. And if this works out well, he can keep slowly moving up the ladder.

Line 4: As much as i dont believe Sergie is a 4th line player, the way he is playing right now he doesnt belong on the second, although i am not trying to condemn him, its just other players, like young guys, have been better than him so far. And as long as we roll 4 lines, this doesnt have to be a "4th line", it can be another secondry scoring line if it clicks. I believe begin can play in any of the bottom 3 lines, he has really rounded out into a good all round player. And calling up kostitsyn will see if he can strutt his stuff, and with the likes of sergie and steve, these guys may just surprise.

But whatever the lines may be.......ALL THE WAY THIS YEAR BABY!!\

GO HABS GO!!!

Edited by umpalumpa55

This isn't EA sports, you can't have 4 lines of offensive players. Players like Begin, Murray and physical players and penalty killers are valuable to any team. Kosty is in the minors because he is not ready to play.

Sammy - Koivu - Ryder

Higgins - Pleks - Kovy

Perez - Bonk - Johnson

LAtts - Begin - Murray/AK46

D stays the same

Abby in nets

This isn't EA sports, you can't have 4 lines of offensive players. Players like Begin, Murray and physical players and penalty killers are valuable to any team. Kosty is in the minors because he is not ready to play.

Kosty is ready. I agree that he shouldn't be on line 4 though

Carbonneau stated clearly in the PC when Lat's was signed that it was a difficult decision and that "both had played their way on to the team" but Lat's won.

If Kosty "played his way on to the team" that tells me the brass think he's ready which is good enough for me.

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Sammy - Koivu - Ryder

Higgins - Pleks - Kovy

Perez - Bonk - Johnson

D stays the same

Abby in nets

do you really want to break the chemestry of our best line?? i dont think carbo is going to send higgins down...most likely its going to be samsonov and perezhogin to begin with...then he'll build up from there

do you really want to break the chemestry of our best line?? i dont think carbo is going to send higgins down...most likely its going to be samsonov and perezhogin to begin with...then he'll build up from there

I know it is tough to think about screwing with our top line, but honestly, you know Higgs will do well on that line too. I would like to see the Sammy - Koivu - Ryder line tried...if the goal is to get the max potential out of all the players, I think moving Sammy next to Koivu might work. And if it doesn't, then try something else. I can see the hesitation there tho...

Sammy - Koivu - Ryder

Higgins - Pleks - Kovy

Perez - Bonk - Johnson

D stays the same

Abby in nets

I like your idea, but I would most likely spin it a different way and go with

Higgins-Koivu-Kovalev

Samsonov-Plekanec-Ryder

Perezhogin-Bonk-Johnson

Latendresse-Begin-Murray

Our excuse for splitting up Kovalev and Koivu has always been to balance out the 2 best lines. With the way everyone's playing right now, swapping Kovalev and Ryder WOULD be balancing out the lines. I think it's worth a try.

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder

Samsonov-Bonk-Kovalev

Perezhogin-Plekanec-Johnson

Latendresse-Begin-Murray

I would simply switch Bonk and Plekanec. I don't really think Bonk will fare much better on an offensive line than Plekanec but I feel that Johnson and Perezhogin work well together, so rather than splitting em up I'd switch up the centremen.

Either way this is just proving that what the Habs have needed most for at least 2-3 seasons - a good #2 centre.

Higgins-Koivu-Kovalev

Samsonov-Plekanec-Ryder

Perezhogin-Bonk-Johnson

Latendresse-Begin-Murray

Our excuse for splitting up Kovalev and Koivu has always been to balance out the 2 best lines. With the way everyone's playing right now, swapping Kovalev and Ryder WOULD be balancing out the lines. I think it's worth a try.

Wow...I retreact my previous comment...THAT is a good idea, I've wanted to see those two back together for a while! Lets bring back the Koivu - Kovy scoring machine :D. I think Ryder might go well with Sammy and Pleks. Good call BTH!

Wow...I retreact my previous comment...THAT is a good idea, I've wanted to see those two back together for a while! Lets bring back the Koivu - Kovy scoring machine :D. I think Ryder might go well with Sammy and Pleks. Good call BTH!

the only move id make is to switch perezhogin and samsonov.

Higgins Koivu Ryder

Perezhogin Plekanec Kovalev

Samsonov Bonk Johnson

Latendresse Begin Murray

The above lines are not a prediction but what the lines will be Saturday barring, injury, trade, call up!

No way can you break up the first line, especially putting Higgins on the second line. He's been our best and most consistent player.

Take away the first game, PP opportunites and short handed situations, How good has this line really been. We're one game over 500. Ryder and Higgins have come a long way, and I believe it's thier hard work, and confidence they gained with playing Saks, that's made them stars. These guys can play with anyone, they're that good.

the only move id make is to switch perezhogin and samsonov.

damn straight! perezhogin ias giving is all...he finally understands the way to play for carbo...give your 110% and you'll be rewarded....play 75% and be retrograded ( samsonov) all this time theres a probleme with the second line...maybe its kovy the problem?? ( im only kidding btw!!) or am i? lol

Higgins-Koivu-Kovalev

Samsonov-Plekanec-Ryder

Perezhogin-Bonk-Johnson

Latendresse-Begin-Murray

Samsonov Plekanec Ryder line would be to small of a line and would not have any forechecking body power, the biggest guy on that line is Ryder at 6,0 and e doesnt check much, sammy is way to small to check, and plekanec does check abit but is 5, 10 and wont do much because he is not an effective hitter

do you really want to see bonk on the first line? have you tought about it before posting?

I don't believe in 1st, 2nd or 3rd lines... it's all the same... different lines play well against different teams and so on. Remember this 5 on 5 and not the Powerplay... those lines are different.

If Bonk is good enough with Hossa and Havlat, then he should be fine with Higgins and Ryder, or even Lats and Kovy.

Edited by Topgun19

The top line will not be touched. When Ryder is playing well they are super dangerous. They are an awesome line most of the time. The second line is not working the third was great though, so I can imagine it being tough to break them up.

I think we will see the following lines at least to start on Saturday and see how they do.

Higgins Koivu Ryder (amazing, nothing else to say)

Perezhogin Plex Kovy (P & P had great chemistry last year, Pepe is playing very good right now, replace Zednik from last year and put on Kovy, if they gel they could be great to watch)

Samsonov Bonk Johnson (No longer the defensive shutdown line, but not that far off. Sammy is the dangler now and can carry the puck, Bonk goes to the net and Johnson just does it all. Not as good as Pepe, Bonk Johnson but something had to give for line 2 to change).

Lats Begin Murray (Lats is too confused to move in the lineup, he needs more seasoning and while improving isn't there yet, Murray needs to pick up his play a notch or we will see Kosty in there regardless of whether he should or should not be on the fourth line.)

The top line will not be touched. When Ryder is playing well they are super dangerous. They are an awesome line most of the time. The second line is not working the third was great though, so I can imagine it being tough to break them up.

I think we will see the following lines at least to start on Saturday and see how they do.

Perezhogin Plex Kovy (P & P had great chemistry last year, Pepe is playing very good right now, replace Zednik from last year and put on Kovy, if they gel they could be great to watch)

Samsonov Bonk Johnson (No longer the defensive shutdown line, but not that far off. Sammy is the dangler now and can carry the puck, Bonk goes to the net and Johnson just does it all. Not as good as Pepe, Bonk Johnson but something had to give for line 2 to change).

Lats Begin Murray (Lats is too confused to move in the lineup, he needs more seasoning and while improving isn't there yet, Murray needs to pick up his play a notch or we will see Kosty in there regardless of whether he should or should not be on the fourth line.)

I agree with everything, except your 4th line (I mean i know you cant change the fourth line in that situation without affecting everybody else) but that line would kinda suck!!! Begin is a good hitter, Murray a good hitter and okay at making plays (but not to good), Lats ummmmmmmmmm.... I dont really know much about him but he is big and hits abit it would a hitting line basically (not what montreal wants.

Samsonov Plekanec Ryder line would be to small of a line and would not have any forechecking body power, the biggest guy on that line is Ryder at 6,0 and e doesnt check much, sammy is way to small to check, and plekanec does check abit but is 5, 10 and wont do much because he is not an effective hitter

One of Ryder's assets is how he creates opportunities off the forecheck. And Plekanec is a great hardworker who'll help him out. Ryder has been playing physical so far, Plekanec always does (digs in the corners, etc) and Samsonov may only be 5'8 but he's muscular and isn't afraid to hit - I've seen him land some solid body checks already. Height doesn't matter much - the line is pretty fast, pretty physical, pretty decent defensively, pretty talented - pretty wellrounded.

I don't believe in 1st, 2nd or 3rd lines... it's all the same... different lines play well against different teams and so on. Remember this 5 on 5 and not the Powerplay... those lines are different.

If Bonk is good enough with Hossa and Havlat, then he should be fine with Higgins and Ryder, or even Lats and Kovy.

He was adequate several years ago - and Ottawa fans cried mercilessly for a better centre.

He's not a very skilled offensive player, and he's certainly not a playmaker. Who'd create oppurtunities on that line? It works because the three guys' skill sets complement each other..

If Murray does not pick up his play, he will not be replaced by Kostitsyn on the fourth line. Expect Lapierre or Chipchura (both would play center on that line and Begin on the left wing).

If I am not mistaken, calling Kostitsyn up would be a disaster, as I believe he would have to clear waivers, and wont. I may be wrong, but I would hate to have him go like Hainsey.