Favorite / least favorite Habs?

Cataclaw

Theo- I HATED HIM, he couldnt stop a puck for his life, he had a terrible rep as well

Some people have such short memories. Love him or hate him, Theodore did a lot for the Habs until that one ill-fated season. It wasn't that long ago that he was the toast of the league, and he was considered the MVP on Montreal for years.

Never hated anyone..

Disliked a few...

Today all of those unfavored ones are gone..

So this must mean something! many of us dont have anyone we dislike that much anymore

That must mean the Habs are better than before??? could that be?

OR IS THIS JUST A PHASE?

I think the Habs ARE better than before...but I don't think this has anything to do with the fact that there are few disliked players on the ice. JMO

Ahhhh! How can you not like Begin? He always gives everything he has on the ice!

Mainly because he takes stupid penalties, especially when the habs are short handed... it drives me nuts. Yes he works hard but that will only get you so far, eventually you do need talent.

Mainly because he takes stupid penalties, especially when the habs are short handed... it drives me nuts. Yes he works hard but that will only get you so far, eventually you do need talent.

I don't find he takes penalties while killing them very often.

However, what I did notice is that he's able to pull off big hits on guys while killing penalties (without taking himself out of position too much). Personally, I don't recall many guys being able to throw big hits while killing penalties off... I found that it through a lot of guys off their game last night against Carolina.

I'm biased though, being a big Begin fan, lol.

I remember a game between the Rangers and the Islanders when Theo Fleury (for those who dont remember him he is VERY short) and somehow managed to push a glove in Zdeno Chara's face and try to start a fight with him. I somehow see Koivu do that if he has to as well and that is what I call heart for the game. Koivu is my favourite player.

Least liked player? This is hard becaus I love the guy but during the lockout he chose to play for the team in the world that I hate the most. (Leafs are lovely compared to them) Färjestad. Everything about this team is lame. Their goalsongs, their fans (allways smiling and think everybody love them) and good friend of mine cheers for them and tells me all about how good he was and tried to know more about him than me. Sheldon Souray... HOW COULD YOU?

lol its a sick and weird story but just think of Koivu signing with the leafs.

More on the good side, Bouillon and Ryder are great caus they chose to play for Leksand.

Weird, it's our D that has been taking penalties that put the team 2 men down. I don't have quite the overflowing support for Begin that others here do (I still think he's overpaid), but when he's on the ice, I don't worry about anything "bad" happening. He's a sparkplug type guy, and I'm more than comfortable with him on the 4th line. If he was getting 2nd line duty, then I'd be pretty scared about the state of Montreal.

I like most of the players on the team, and I really don't have a strong dislike for anyone. A few years back, Souray always drove me nuts, but I'm used to his problems now. Rivet as well. Forwards? Something about Ryder doesn't sit with me. I don't know what it is.

Something about Ryder doesn't sit with me. I don't know what it is.

He has been pretty invisible the last little while. He tends to be a bit streaky, but I still think he is one heck of a player!! I also heard throught he rumour mill that he is playing hurt.

He has been pretty invisible the last little while. He tends to be a bit streaky, but I still think he is one heck of a player!! I also heard throught he rumour mill that he is playing hurt.

Oh, I know he's streaky, and I wasn't necessarily referring to right now. Maybe he's focused, or constipated, but everytime the camera shows him, his expression just seems to be "I'd rather be somewhere else."

Favs:

- Begin: always go go go, not matter the game, period or score.

Less fav:

- Rivet: weakest link on defense.

Oh, I know he's streaky, and I wasn't necessarily referring to right now. Maybe he's focused, or constipated, but everytime the camera shows him, his expression just seems to be "I'd rather be somewhere else."

I dont mind that so much as I sometimes get frustrated by his predictability. Every time the puck ends up on his stick, you know he'll try to deke someone to shoot... or just shoot even if he's in a bad position.

He can look like Brett Hull sometimes, but the can also look like Jim Campbell at other times...

Fav : so many.. Koivu , Higgins, Bégin, Johnson , Komisarek, Aebischer , Huet and dare I say it, Bonk :lol:

Less : Easilly Niinimaa.. I know than Ribiero value wasnt very high but I still think than Gainey could had got more for him.

I'll amend my post...

Favs:

- Begin

- Bouillon: top be 5'8" and stick in the NHL as a d-man, you've got to work twice as hard as anyone.

- Plekanec: Smart, speedy, well-rounded and tenacious. Might develop more slowly than Higgins but will be just as valuable down the road.

- Komisarek: to think some fans toyed with the idea of trading him because he wasn't developing fast enough... He'll be a monster.

- Latendresse: in 20+ years of following the Habs, I dont remember a 19 yrs old this NHL-ready with this much upside. I'm already drooling about the time he'll become comfortable with the NHL pace.

Favorite Habs

1) Kovalev-Best move BG ever made

2) Samsonov-Hes so fast and will be a good fit for us, and I'll stay firm with that

3) Huet/Abby-I love both of these goalies...both are #1's in my opinion and if it werent for them, we'd be in the tank with the Senators and Philly, they've both made a substantial amount of eye opening stops

4) Higgins! Special teams Animal...he is def. a Carbo Kid!!!!

5) Johnson-I hope we never get rid of this guy...he is a great two way player

6) Begin-What a character...Ive never seen this guy give up on a single shift

Dislikes

Koivu---Not getting into this one again...

Rivet...takes penalties when we dont need them...could use this analogy "when it rains...it pours" about him

He will take a penalty when we are killing a 5 on 4 and make the wound even deeper

Downey-I dont think there should be a spot on the Canadiens for this guy...I was at the NJ game on Saturday and the guy looked like an all star in warm up!! And in the game he shows none of that!!! It boggles me....He doesnt belong.

I may be old fashioned, but I don't like the idea of disliking any member of the team you cheer for...I agree with Kozed's favorite/ less favorite idea but actually disliking/ hating a member of the Habs? Never.

That said, I made an exception for Murray Baron who made his distaste for Montreal all too clear and I was tempted with the Polish Prince and Sergi Berezin.

:hlogo:

That said, I made an exception for Murray Baron who made his distaste for Montreal all too clear and I was tempted with the Polish Prince and Sergi Berezin.

berezin is russian. you must've thought of czerkawski.

Kovalev

Souray

Bonk

Higgins

Aebischer

Markov

meh, I'm gonna go on forever. I don't think there's anyone I really dislike. My least favourite might be Downey or Rivet though...