NHL All-Star Ballot

CoRvInA

It is usually based on last years stats.

That is why Modano was in one year with like 9 goals by March.

Then why is Koivu there and not Kovalev? Kovy had 3 more points then Koivu in 3 less games and 5 more points in the playoffs...

How the HELL is Raycrof there? Hey while were at it lets put Theo in the all star game as well!

This is relatively old news, and I would have thought that someone else might have posting this by now, but apparently only Saku Koivu and Sheldon Souray were nominated for the All-Star balloting.

My question is, who else do you think should have been on there from the Habs? It's tough to remain objective, but I think Higgins should have been nominated, as well as Koivu and Souray.

Any thoughts?

Complete story and nominations are here: http://www.habsinsideout.com/2006/11/koivu...on_alls_1/#more

It is usually based on last years stats.

That is why Modano was in one year with like 9 goals by March.

Umm, false.

no higgins, no markov !! this is BS

With Higgins out 6 weeks, no big surprise he got left out in the cold. Markov, hasn't impressed me from what I've seen out of him.

how's about we get 'pro-active' and vote our pants off for Canadiens players. :)

GO :hlogo: GO!

No, I meant false that selections have anything to do with last season. If you're gonna say that, then Higgins absolutely would have been on the ballot, given how he finished the season.

Well obviously not one season but when you are a grizzled veteran you get on the ballot no matter what even if for example Sakic this year had lets say 1 goal and 2 assists he wouls stil be on the ballot, or Brodeur was 1-9 so far with a 3.59 GAA and a .845 save percentage he would still get a majorty of the votes and would be tops on the ballot for sure.

Well obviously not one season but when you are a grizzled veteran you get on the ballot no matter what even if for example Sakic this year had lets say 1 goal and 2 assists he wouls stil be on the ballot, or Brodeur was 1-9 so far with a 3.59 GAA and a .845 save percentage he would still get a majorty of the votes and would be tops on the ballot for sure.

Yep, once you've gained a reputation, you're always on. Thats why it's just a big popularity contest. I can guarantee Blake would've been on the ballot last year even though he started the season off horrendously.

East

Malkin

Crosby

Ovechkin

Souray

Redden

Lundqvist

NOMINATION: Andrei Markov, Montreal

West

Thornton

Havlat

Zetterberg