Danis loses job to Halak

Mr. Nasty

Taken from the gazette:

"Danis's stock goes down: A year ago, Yann Danis was Jose Theodore's backup and appeared to have a promising future in the Canadiens organization. The Brown University graduate from St. Jerome had a 3-2-0 record, a shutout, a 2.69 goals-against average and a .902 save percentage.

Today, Danis finds himself as the backup to Jaroslav Halak with the resurgent Hamilton Bulldogs, who have moved above .500 for the first time this season with a huge boost from Halak. The Czech, who played for Lewiston in the QMJHL, shut out Omaha Tuesday for his fourth straight win. Halak, who was called up from the ECHL late last season, has shutouts in five of his last 19 starts.

Danis has struggled this season with a 3-4-1 record, a 3.49 GAA and .886 save percentage."

Danis likely needs a change of scenery now. With Aebi and Huet up there, he knows he's got no shot at getting any playing time at the NHL level, even if one of them goes down for a bit. I'd say his morale is down and he's lacking motivation.

What kind of a scenery do you suggest? A vertical one UP to the Canadiens? A vertical one DOWN to the ECHL? A horizontal one to another team?

GO :hlogo: GO!

Someone should tell the writer of the article to double check his facts. Halak is a Slovak not a Czech. Danis is still a good goalie and will get his share of starts but Halak is hot right now. It's a long season.

It surely is. That's a truism that always holds up.

This is great!!!!! In both of are teams NHL and AHL we have to pretty good goalies playing for one position. :lol:

Someone should tell the writer of the article to double check his facts. Halak is a Slovak not a Czech. Danis is still a good goalie and will get his share of starts but Halak is hot right now. It's a long season.

If Huet or Aebischer was hurt, who would they call up ?

I don't think Danis has lost his job. Halak is playing well, and Danis is having some rough nights. But just recently Danis has started playing better. I don't think he is done by any stretch of the imagination.

Hockey journalists, like all other journalsluts, just want to sell copy ... and they will say anything that is shocking to do so. I guess it is our own faults for playing in to the game though.

Danis for back-up! Trade Abie for something good asap.

They would bring Halak because they would not risk to lose him on waivers.

Except if we want to lose Danis on waivers.

Danis doesn't have to clear waivers, this is his last year for not having to clear. This summer he'll be a UFA and will need to clear waivers to play in Hamilton.

Danis doesn't have to clear waivers, this is his last year for not having to clear. This summer he'll be a UFA and will need to clear waivers to play in Hamilton.

I would be surprised if he got more than a one year deal !!

What's so great about a .902 save % anyway?

One thing about this board...people consistently overvalue Habs' prospects. It's quite possible Danis will never be more than an NHL backup, if that.

Danis imo

I didn't know he was Italian.

imo = in my opinion

i know...

i couldn't resist it... it was an open door for a stupid joke... i love stupid jokes.

i know...

i couldn't resist it... it was an open door for a stupid joke... i love stupid jokes.

you must be my father in law: he's so out of it when he tries to tell a joke that we just don't pay attention to him anymore !!

there an article in lapresse praising HALAK's play. some feel he might have stepped ahead of danis in the long term depth chart.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&am...rticleid=284125

Another great game for Halak last night, earning the shutout win a 3-0 win, stopping 32 shots. Kostsitsyn scored two goals, which is an encouraging sign, given his lack of production after being sent down to the minors previously.

I believe that Halak has leapfrogged over Danis for the #3 spot in the organization. Given Aebischer's likelyhood of leaving after this season, the backup role to Huet is going to be up for grab's next season between Halak & Danis, and at the moment Halak has the edge.