Your top 5 teams

Cataclaw

He just doesn't have a life. He lets little kids get the best of him. ;)

Someones just mad his team lost to the Avs again. =P

Top 5 Like:

1. Colorado Avalanche

Roy, Sakic, Kamensky, Foote. I could go on and on about why I like them but those 4 reasons sum it up well enough.

2. Ottawa Senators

In the late 90s, I really started to like them, another fast, exciting offensive team like the Avs. Huge fan of Marian Hossa, Zdeno Chara and Jason Spezza.

. Calgary Flames

These guys go back and forth between my like and hate list, it really depends on what kind of team they field. I still don't like McCarty but atleast they've ditched Simon and Oliwa. Nowhere near as dirty as they were last year, Kipper still bugs me though

4. Philadelphia Flyers

Keith Primeau. 'Nuff said.

5. Atlanta Thrashers

They've got Marian Hossa now and I've been a big fan of Kari Lehtonen for a while now.

Top 5 Hate...

1. Vancouver Canucks

Oh geez, where to start. Bertuzzi, Naslund, Jovonovsky, Cooke, Ohlund, Crawford, Cloutier. I spit venom at this joke of a hockey team. And thats even without mentioning their fans.

2. Detroit Red Wings

The rivalry has really died down since 2002, causing Vancouver to take top spot but Detroit will still always be up there. Darren McCarty, Dominik Hasek (Mr. I want to fight but accidentily trip on the way to the fight. Puh-leeeeeese) and Chris Chelios. I've managed to ooze a itty bitty ounce of respect for Stevie Y but even Scotty Bowman bugged me. Go Claude Lemieux!

3. Dallas Stars

I HATE Mike Modano and obviously getting eliminated in 7 games, in the WCF helps. Upsetting them in 5 the past two seasons though has been sweet but it go re-ignited this past spring when the little minions from the Stars website started invading our forums. Piece of shit hockey team.

4. Tampa Bay Lightning

This still roots from the 2004 playoffs and having to watch that smug Brad Richards all the damn time. I've come to really hate most of their big 3 (I still like Lecavalier) but yeah, just based from the 2004 playoffs, I despise the Lightning just like any other Calgarian.

5. Edmonton Oilers

By Calgary law as a Calgarian, I'm required to include the Edmonton Oilers on any hate list I make.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jets... why would I be mad that we lost? I could seriously care less. :lol:

How sad you hated us for having all those guys. To think most of them are gone anyways. If I remember correctly, Crawford coached you guys to a cup. How did you like that? :P

How sad you hated us for having all those guys. To think most of them are gone anyways. If I remember correctly, Crawford coached you guys to a cup. How did you like that? :P

We loved it. How did you like the cup he won in Vancouver?...... ^_^

B)

We loved it. How did you like the cup he won in Vancouver?...... ^_^

B)

Oh it was amazing. :lol:

I should go on and ask why Jets didn't mention Brad May....... but I won't.

In all seriousness, he won a cup with Colorado. Vancouver has never won a cup. The way this organization goes, it seems they'll never win one. They are so fustrating to follow because they are a team that literally is ALL over the place. It just hurts to watch what this team has gone through and now they continue to struggle. They definitely don't seem like any normal team. Hard work equals results and yet the Nucks, albeit very rarely outplayed, their record does not even close prove that fact. It hurts to see them work so hard and still get shafted. Even with all the problems with Bertuzzi and crap... it just makes our history look even worse. Our drafting sucks and we suck to boot. However, I'll never change my allegiance with them and I'll be a fan no matter how dark and gloomy it gets.

Cheer for

1. MTL

2. MTL

3. MTL

4. You get the idea

Hate, the order varies depending on circumstances

Toronto, Philly (B.Clarke, J. leclair, E.desjardens)

Edmonton, Boston, Carolina, Colorado(Roy, former Nords, etc.).

Sorry, even with Colorado, Crawford proved he was a classless tool. The Bertuzzi incident just re-affirmed that, I'd really like to ask him why he was smiling after it happened.

Thanks for the Cup and don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

And don't get mad because I don't like them for players that aren't there anymore. People here don't like the Avs because they used to be the Nordiques, you don't see me complaining. The difference is the fans, Red Wings fans have some level of class and respect. Canucks fans are, as a whole, giant douchebags.

Sorry, even with Colorado, Crawford proved he was a classless tool. The Bertuzzi incident just re-affirmed that, I'd really like to ask him why he was smiling after it happened.

Thanks for the Cup and don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

And don't get mad because I don't like them for players that aren't there anymore. People here don't like the Avs because they used to be the Nordiques, you don't see me complaining. The difference is the fans, Red Wings fans have some level of class and respect. Canucks fans are, as a whole, giant douchebags.

That was a dumb remark. I know there are a lot of Canucks fans that are idiots and there are tons on Canucks.com but there are quite a few intelligent posters so saying us as a whole are douchebags is just plain stupid..... :angry:

More complete list, from like more to hate more

1 Montréal

2 Ottawa

3/4/5 Edmonton-Calgary-Vancouver

6 Buffalo

7 Pittsburgh

8 Washington

9 Colorado

10 Anaheim

11 Detroit

12 Chicago

13 St Louis

14 LA

15 Islanders

16 Tampa

17 Columbus *Columbus is my neutral point. I like team above it and dislike teams below*

18 Dallas

19 Florida

20 San Jose

21 Nashville

22 Minnesotta

23 Phoenix

24 Atlanta

25 Carolina

26 Rangers

27 Philly

28 Jersey

29 Boston

30 Toronto

That was a dumb remark. I know there are a lot of Canucks fans that are idiots and there are tons on Canucks.com but there are quite a few intelligent posters so saying us as a whole are douchebags is just plain stupid..... :angry:

Thats the point of "as a whole". It means overall. Like, theres more stupid ones then smart ones.

Thats the point of "as a whole". It means overall. Like, theres more stupid ones then smart ones.

I know that it means overall, but I still think it's dumb. A lot of those morons aren't really fans in my opinion. Just a bunch of idiots who think they know everything. :puke:

I've had patience for 24 years.

Waiting for this organization to get serious about becoming a contender is like waiting for a pot of water to boil over a busted stove.

This ^^^ was posted by a member on our boards. I completely agree with him too.... :puke:

While we're at it, this sums EVERYTHING up.

People are panicking because they see where this team is at.

1) Right now, playing about as well as it can play and outworking most teams most nights, this isn't a good enough team to make the playoffs.

2) We have no cap space, and thus no ability to add an impact player without subtracting an impact player.

3) Most of our worst contracts (Naslund, Morrison, Chouinard ... *cough* Luongo *cough*) are on the hook for next year, too, and the players are untradeable. Therefore, we are going to have little flexibility next summer, and may not be able to hang on to one of our best players in Salo.

4) We have one of the worst prospect pools in hockey, and little hope for the future.

This is a team that is mediocre now, will suck in the future, and has no cap space. It's a depressing time to be a Canuck fan. The next 5 years are going to be ugly. Right now is probably a high point compared to what it'll look like next season.

It's a really crappy place to be - no chance to win now, no youth to rebuild around.

And nothing will change until our scouting staff (both pro and amateur) is gutted. If Nonis hasn't clued into our scouting problems yet, he's an idiot and deserves to be canned along with the rest of our hockey operations department.

From a poster "MS" from HF. This is what I was trying to say above. :puke:

I'm done here.

I know that it means overall, but I still think it's dumb. A lot of those morons aren't really fans in my opinion. Just a bunch of idiots who think they know everything. :puke:

You can't of known what it meant otherwise you wouldln't of said theres quite a few intelligent fans as well. I know that, every team has a few intelligent fans and a lot of stupid ones. It's just more evident with the Canuck fans and, in my experience, they're a lot more disrespectful then other teams.

One has to wonder why someone gets so offended over an opinion on the internet. Right or wrong, I'm entitled to it and you getting all bent out of shape over it just wastes bandwith.

You can't of known what it meant otherwise you wouldln't of said theres quite a few intelligent fans as well. I know that, every team has a few intelligent fans and a lot of stupid ones. It's just more evident with the Canuck fans and, in my experience, they're a lot more disrespectful then other teams.

One has to wonder why someone gets so offended over an opinion on the internet. Right or wrong, I'm entitled to it and you getting all bent out of shape over it just wastes bandwith.

Fine continue hating us then. All I'm doing is defending my team against an Avs fan.:unsure:

really disrespectful okay. For an example when I went to the Canucks game last month at Savvis oops Scottrade Center. I was very civil when the Blues scored watched other people get crazy yell at me for being a Vancouver fan. Then when my team scored I went nuts along with the 10 other Canuck fans there. One guy told me to go back to Canada. Wasn't treated the best but then again it could have been much worse since the arena was half full.

Anyway I think it works both ways. If I went to a Canucks-Avs game in Denver wearing my Canucks tshirt I bet I'd be heckled.

All fans can act like asses.

I won't take any sides in the COL-VAN battle going on on here. But being at Pepsi Center for the 4-1 Wojtek Wolski Show was awaesome.

Dare I say that Theo made a few stellar saves in that game?!!! B)

Fine continue hating us then. All I'm doing is defending my team against an Avs fan.:unsure:

Theres no reason to defend though. This topic is what teams you hate and like, it should be expected that atleast one member would mention someone elses team. Colorado got mentioned quite a few times but you don't see me or Mils going batshit. A few other people mentioned Vancouver yet you say nothing to them even though you already knew I had Vancouver at the top of my hate list.

really disrespectful okay. For an example when I went to the Canucks game last month at Savvis oops Scottrade Center. I was very civil when the Blues scored watched other people get crazy yell at me for being a Vancouver fan. Then when my team scored I went nuts along with the 10 other Canuck fans there. One guy told me to go back to Canada. Wasn't treated the best but then again it could have been much worse since the arena was half full.

Anyway I think it works both ways. If I went to a Canucks-Avs game in Denver wearing my Canucks tshirt I bet I'd be heckled.

All fans can act like asses.

I know that, I said that. If you read what else I said, it's more evident with Canucks fans to me.

Jesus Christ people, god forbid I share my bloody opinion.

I won't take any sides in the COL-VAN battle going on on here. But being at Pepsi Center for the 4-1 Wojtek Wolski Show was awaesome.

Dare I say that Theo made a few stellar saves in that game?!!! B)

Don't get too happy. The Canucks are shit. So that game is comparble to a preseason game.

*Prays for Danny Sedin to be back Tuesday*

Jesus Christ people, god forbid I share my bloody opinion.

Your opinion isn't allowed. :lol:

Don't get too happy. The Canucks are shit. So that game is comparble to a preseason game.

A win is a win, especially when we're outplayed for a giant portion of the game. We need to bench Wolski more often. >_>

Your opinion isn't allowed. :lol:

So opinions aren't allowed in threads that ask for them. I'll try to remember that.

A win is a win, especially when we're outplayed for a giant portion of the game. We need to bench Wolski more often. >_>

So opinions aren't allowed in threads that ask for them. I'll try to remember that.

Nah, it's just you Jets. Don't take it personally. :P

Well he is from Alberta and is a Liberal in Alberta. So I know that you aren't suppose to speak your mind in Alberta so you can speak your mind here I'm cool with that. This place is a refuge for oppressed thought.

Haha, ain't that the truth. My family is cool with it since their all Liberals too (most anyway). My dad voted against the Tories for the first time in forever because he hates Harper too. But geez, speak against the Tories in public and you're being castrated 3 seconds later. I love my hometown but I definitely don't gel with the political scene here.

Hehe, he knows.

Hehe, yep. Just my cynicism coming through. :P

Hm. Interesting thread. I can't say that any team is in any one given "spot" in a list at any given time, though. For instance, I love Ottawa when I'm at a game except when they play the Habs. I'm the first to jump when they score and the first to heckle the other team. However, I'm really not partial to the team, in fact I'd say overall I dislike the team more than the majority in the NHL.

I think I've become more a fan of players, actually. Like in baseball. When Robbie Alomar horked on the ump and was given a suspended sentence for it, I stopped watching the game. Haven't watched a live pitch since. However there are a few players I'll check on now and again on TSN to see their stats - mostly pitchers.

I love the new breed. Ovechkin. Kovalchuk. That Crosby whelp. There are a few others. If you could trend, over time, how I liked teams I suppose I could play the law of averages and mention how much I like or dislike them. Which, I suppose, is the point of the thread. So, disregarding Montreal, since that should be fairly evident...

I like:

(Hold on to your hats...)

Boston. Yep. I'm a closet Bruins fan. I spose this is my coming out party.

Edmonton. Always been fun to watch.

Calgary. Bring your lunch bucket.

Vancouver. Mostly because I want to live somewhere out there.

Quebec. Yes. I loved the Nordiques. I loved to hate them. Miss them tons.

I "hate":

Toronto. But Paul Maurice is making it *really* hard to continue hating them. Notice how, when Pat "Biggest Complainer EVER" Quinn leaves the whole team starts acting with far more respect? Coinkydink? I think not. If they get rid of Sundin, I might actually *gulp* start to half like them. Though, JFJ would make that something of a stretch.

Rangers. Well, I used to hate them because of the ridiculous way they screwed up the game money-wise. Now? Gotta say, don't mind them nearly so much, though those white jerseys are horribly dated and ugly. Are there better 3rd jersey's in the game, though? Those have to be in the running.

T-Bay. Is this a hockey city? I've had a complete apathy towards T-Bay forever. It's not that I hate them, it's that I could care less if they ever existed.

Florida. See T-Bay.

Colorado. Because they took away the Nordiques. For a while, I was able to stomach them because I was a Roy fan, but no more. This might be the team I despise most.

...I used to hate Buffalo when I was younger, but they're so much fun to watch now. And I *love* the new uni's. Almost as much as I adored the old jerseys - which we were priviledged to see earlier this week when Montreal beat them.