Trade Rivet Poll

KoZed

Trade Rivet  

67 members have voted

1. 1. He's set to be a UFA next summer. So trade him or not?

• Yes
    • No

Leadership off the ice is important too.

GO :hlogo: GO!

Rivet's contract was a big mistake but hardly his fault, he has to know the reality of the situation and so I would expect him to sign a long-term with the Habs for significantly less than he made this year. It's said he is a leader actually that's something only the players know for sure but anyway I say keep him.

No. Just because he is UFA doesn't mean he should be traded.

I can think of another d man I'd rather be traded anyways...

If Komisarek keeps up his play and keeps logging big minutes, Rivet will eventually get 3rd pairing ice time. That I am okay with.

I don't think there will be much return value in attempting to trade Rivet. The main focus for the Habs will be the signing of Markov and Souray. This may come at the expense of Rivet because most players do not accept further pay cuts.

Yes, too slow. Everyone keeps bringing up leadership but what has he led them too? Not a whole lot, 7-8 seed for numerous years and 1 or 2 second rounds. Not much of a leader IMO.

You can't blame that on him though. If you traded Joe Sakic to the Coyotes, they'd still suck.

trade rivet for what? a 6th round draft pick?

he wants to finish his career in MTL and of the three he's the one capable of accepting lower waige just to stay here... even if he did test the market no other team will offer more than what he's making now. so if he signes to 3 years for 1.5 -1.75 a year ...DAT"S GOOD!

Like I have said in the past, every team seems to have a non superstar (usually a D) who is gritty and offers more than just on ice production. I have compared him to Sean Hill many times.

Rivet isn't about to accept less money to stay with Montreal for the sake of liking the team. BUT, I suspect he is willing to accept a cut so that Bob will have greater cap flexability to make the team competitive and in the contender range. It wouldn't make sense for Rivet to take a lot of money if he knew the expense was a loss of a Higgins (example) or that his money prevented Bob from acquiring an excellent player to help put us over the top.

The pros outweigh the cons. Vote = NO :hlogo:

Sometimes it isn't all about skill, flash and dash. Malakov is/was skilled. Do we want Malakov back (if it ws possible) so he could go skiing again? Yep, Vlad had skill and then some but his heart was no where. Rivet has the heart and soul!

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

I think the real question would be, what do people really think Rivet is worth?

Draft picks are out...that would just be stupid, I mean Janne should be the only giveaway.

Don't need anymore D...

So what type of forward could you get for Rivet?

Rivet has much leadership he talks in the dressing room. Hes the Kirk Muller type. While Koivu is the more of Example guy shows some in the dressing room, while he shows much of it on the ice.

Rivet is worth a lot to our team.

definitely keep! Rivet shouldn't ask too much! Like some already say... Rivet wants to be a Habs till he retires... even though he goes on a trade ... who wants him really? Canadiens it's his home, i'm sure Gainey see that in him and will eventually talk out a deal to let him stay in Montreal !

I'm pleased to see that just over 75% of those who have voted want to keep him. :D

I thought the numbers were going to be much worse, considering I hear a lot of people jumping on Rivet whenever they get a chance.

Anyway, I have faith he'll prove his worth. (To me, he already has)

I'm pleased to see that just over 75% of those who have voted want to keep him. :D

I thought the numbers were going to be much worse, considering I hear a lot of people jumping on Rivet whenever they get a chance.

Yeahh I totally agree im glad alot of people are thinking right, the D to trade right now is for sure Niniimaaaaaaaa lol i keep forgettin how to spell his name so im playing it safe with that one :lol:

GO HABS! :hlogo:

Edited by blaze53

Rivet will have little worth in the trade market but a ton in the UFA market. He's one of those stay-at-home defenders that teams covet... in the off-season. Trade him? No. Probably not lose him in the off-season either. More likely Gainey asks him to take less money per year for a longer contract period to give the team more flexibility.

Rivet will be ok with a salary reduction to stay with the Habs. If there's a Canadien who is the embodiement of the slogan "for the team", it's Rivet. He will stay, i'm fairly sure of that.

:hlogo: