Ted Nolan

johnnyhasbeen

Just have to say that this guy has turned around his sickly Islanders. Oh wait, maybe he is just riding on the coat wings of his goalie? No, that was last time, right?

All I am saying is that he seems to get the job done. Glad he was finally given another chance to prove himself. Great coach, and there isn't enough of them to go around.

Not sure he will get them to the playoffs, but it will be close. Better than last year for sure. :clap:

I don't know exactly what went on with him & the Sabres organization in the past but I do believe that he got shafted by the league after that.

All praises to the Islanders management for bringing him in. I hope that the whole league (except for us, of course) kicks their collective butts for not having done so. I hope that he gets a couple of Adams trophies in a row. That would be fine with me... just fine... and that he becomes a re-incarnation (of sorts) of a Scotty Bowman... unrelenting success wherever he coaches.

GO :hlogo: GO!

In a way, I'd like to see Ted Nolan get it, since most NHL "experts" predicted that the Islanders did not stand a chance to play well this season. He was practically blacklisted from the NHL for a long time, as I'm pretty sure either Regier or Muckler spread some bad rumours about him. Muckler recently denied he was involved, but there were a lot of rumours that said otherwise. Nolan is a players coach, who has fantastic motivational skills; many of his former players [Hasek is the exception] would go through a wall for him. So far this season, he has achieved some big results from Alexei Yashin, who was deemed one of the NHL's most talented but worst floater. With Yashin out with a knee injury, another floater has stepped up in his absence, Viktor Kozlov.

Of course, I'd also like to see Carbo win the award, but I'd much rather see Carbonneau take the Habs *very* far into the playoffs and bring home that shiny silver cup.

Obviously it was Muckler who told the old boys club that Nolan was bad news. But the bigger problem might be that he got a bad rep.

If you look at the semantics of the situation, not too many GM's wanted to hire a coach who they think could get 'em fired.

Obviously it was Muckler who told the old boys club that Nolan was bad news. But the bigger problem might be that he got a bad rep.

If you look at the semantics of the situation, not too many GM's wanted to hire a coach who they think could get 'em fired.

Tough situation as a coach when you know the problem is the GM. Guess you can resign gracefully like Hitchcock. Can't really blame him for being outspoken, but it gets you in trouble every time.

In a way, I'd like to see Ted Nolan get it, since most NHL "experts" predicted that the Islanders did not stand a chance to play well this season.

The habs were predicted to finish 10th by a lot of so called experts, where as it's still early, we're looking pretty good right now.

muckler is an idiot.

latest proof: picking redden over chara

Alfie Gerber over Havlat Chara......

Not getting Ollie for playoffs pre strike year.........

Ask my wife, she will tell you!

:unsure: