The state of the D

simonus

Well they do help explain the all important 16-8-5 stat

I don't disagree - I find our D underrated as well. But stats don't show everything.

I don't disagree - I find our D underrated as well. But stats don't show everything.

I disagree stats do show everything - the right stats with the right analysis illuminate everything. This article is great in that it goes a long way to explaining lots of misleading stats - for example the high number of shots per game we've been allowing this year.

Well we sure ain't scoring as many as we should, so we are winning somehow...

Just think what happens when we get out of our slump, and all of a sudden Ryder, Kovalev, Samsanov and Plexs all start scoring at once instead of those missed goals I've watched all year. Find the net and nobody can beat this team. We need to face Gerber to get use to hitting net again.

D is impressing me more and more as the year goes on. I think we have a solid 7 man unit and can still call up guys like Cote if needed. Not worried there at all or in goal, although I worry about Abie late in games...oh yeah and early. But when he is on he is great, as is Huet who suffers from that missed it by that much syndrome when he is out of the zone. Carbo is great at spotting off nights and pulling the hook, not a prob, we all have them.

Just think what happens when we get out of our slump, and all of a sudden Ryder, Kovalev, Samsanov and Plexs all start scoring at once instead of those missed goals I've watched all year. Find the net and nobody can beat this team.

I wish you were right, but something tells me Ryder, Kovy, Sammy and Plex won't ALL get out of their slumps at the same time.

I'll just point out 1 thing about shots against. Most goalies have anywhere from a .90 to a .93 save %. So it just stands to reason if you give up 40 shots a game and only get 25 a game, the numbers will eventually turn against you.