Keep us as is.

koivu-11

I keep hearing " who will get delt " " we need a second line center " uhhh i don't know am i the only one that thinks that this team is amazing exactly how it is.... everyone doing their job and everyone is doing what their sapose to.

Anyone els with me on this?

Agreed, team is playing well, and chemistry is great. Maybe a little tweaking come trade deadline, but only moves for added depth in case of injury. i don't even mind keeping abby as insurance in case something happens with Huet. Freeing up Niniimaa's salary would be great , but unlikely.

WHAT!?1!121!

Andrew making sense... I never though I'd see the day when...

:D

Yeahp, keep things as is for now. We have depth in every position really. The only thing that would bring on a trade would be a long-term injury to one of our key players. (i.e. Koivu)

WHAT!?1!121!

Andrew making sense... I never though I'd see the day when...

:D

Yeahp, keep things as is for now. We have depth in every position really. The only thing that would bring on a trade would be a long-term injury to one of our key players. (i.e. Koivu)

I always make sense :D.....i think :blink: But yea iv seen one to many " we need to think bout what happens if hes traded " even Niinima wtv hes expensive hes good enough for Depth and after this season hes UFA so wth do we care.

Keep us as is ??

No way, i want a second line center and there are some players that will

come cheap and play with heart for a Stanley Cup chance.

That is why it's good to be contenders it attracts money players.

Good post that makes sense.

We have problems that need to be fixed and we have players with a high value that can be moved to solve our problems and make us real contenders. Doing nothing will ensure we don't go to the finals this year.

Keep us as is ??

Last time I checked, the UFA signing period isn't until the off-season... :P

If they keep playing like this of course do not trade anyone, all that matters is wins. But come the deadline even if the Habs are still playing unreal I would not be against the addition of some extra playoff help.

I keep hearing " who will get delt " " we need a second line center " uhhh i don't know am i the only one that thinks that this team is amazing exactly how it is.... everyone doing their job and everyone is doing what their sapose to.

I'm with ya there, this team is good, and grow to become even better. And i think that players taken at the deadline form a great risk. They have to click inmediately. (especially @ centre i think it's a risk)

Keep us as is ??

ok - like who? the idea of "money players" is BS in a capped league. who on this team would you give up on? patience. wait for the trade deadline and pick up a vet (recchi?) for the playoffs in exchange for picks. bob has built, and continues to build, a team.

Knowing Gainey's approach to the game, he won't get rid of character players or mortgage the future. Don't expect Souray or Ninimaa to go anytime soon.

Watch him to make minor additions and maybe get an UFA for a draft pick down the stretch.

I agree. In so far as our 'opinions' are concerned, we shouldn't try & fix it if it's doing well.

Whatever tinkering that needs to be done will be done by the ones fully in the know and are responsible to do the best they know/can for the team.

GO :hlogo: GO!

I agree that we are in good shape. But we are one key addition away from being over the top. Injuries do and will happen; if they occur in the playoffs; we need the depth to keep going. Last year the injury to Koivu had terrible affects on our team. We need another center to avoid that situation again; and we have a stock pile of players in other positions for depth and a possible trade.

The other factor to remember is that Gainey rewarded the team with Kovalev the last time the habs had a winning season; With all the improvements this year; I wouldn't be surprised with another reward and very big pickup!

In Bob we Trust! AND I for one trust in his judgement.

Some guys been saying we need upgrade at center...what if we get a Datsyuk type player..no heart just talent doesnt show in playoffs...and then might not click.

Remember a winning team is with a winning attitude and atmosphere, i was part of a good winning atmosphere and i agree talent is also a big issue but you don't need everyone to be full of talent (old rangers)

Everyone plays better when there in a winning atmosphere and everyone is moreless friends " but what about scraps at practice?" iv had scraps wit many of my friends during football, soccer, and baseball doesn't change anything. Trading to make this team better doesn't mean it will get better.

In football i played Offensive Guard my best friend was the Guard on the left side 3 friends ME - Jon - Paolo all good friends poalo became a fullback...got replaced the line was never the same. Friendship is a HUUUUGE part of winning games i rather not see anything tinkerd in this team.

People then say " what about injuries " what about them ? we had some already didnt we...Souray..Higgins..Begin we can deal with it young kids come up show their stuff, everyeone is allright by me i don't need some Fedorov or Datsyuk to make my team better, Keep us as we are theres nothing wrong with it!

( i unno if this made sense if it did then cool, was watching Rocky Balboa 2-3-4-5 im drained to watch the first one now )

People then say " what about injuries " what about them ? we had some already didnt we...Souray..Higgins..Begin we can deal with it young kids come up show their stuff, everyeone is allright by me i don't need some Fedorov or Datsyuk to make my team better, Keep us as we are theres nothing wrong with it!

( i unno if this made sense if it did then cool, was watching Rocky Balboa 2-3-4-5 im drained to watch the first one now )

I agree with your entire post except fot the bottom. Yes the Canadiens have had injuries but an injured winger hurts less than a centre especially for the Canadiens. I would expect Gainey to pick up a centre at the deadling unless a solution is found within the line-up ala Higgins or Plekanec continuing to imporve his play.

Some guys been saying we need upgrade at center...what if we get a Datsyuk type player..no heart just talent doesnt show in playoffs...and then might not click.

Remember a winning team is with a winning attitude and atmosphere, i was part of a good winning atmosphere and i agree talent is also a big issue but you don't need everyone to be full of talent (old rangers)

Everyone plays better when there in a winning atmosphere and everyone is moreless friends " but what about scraps at practice?" iv had scraps wit many of my friends during football, soccer, and baseball doesn't change anything. Trading to make this team better doesn't mean it will get better.

In football i played Offensive Guard my best friend was the Guard on the left side 3 friends ME - Jon - Paolo all good friends poalo became a fullback...got replaced the line was never the same. Friendship is a HUUUUGE part of winning games i rather not see anything tinkerd in this team.

Better off without "Fedor off"!

Edited by SoCalHab

I for one agree that the team should be left as is. The chemistry between the players is working and working well. The team isn't exactly dominating in the same way the Ducks & Sabres have been this season (or like great Devils teams of the past few years) but they are still winning. Winning consistently and, most of the time, winning convincingly. Why muck with that?

Every team has its weaknesses and imperfections - it provides the players with something to work towards and improve upon. I think it will be most interesting to see how Huet stands up after a full season, not to mention next season as well. Right now, his play minimises the mistakes of others.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

And the Habs, at the moment, are anything but broke!

I disagree with most of you. It is true that right now nothing is broken. But sometimes things get broken when it's not in our control. What the heck do we do if Koivu goes down with a hugh injury which he tends to do anually??? Can anyone look me in the eye and tell me we will go anywhere with Plekanec as our first line center. We have depth in every position except center. Therefore we should trade depth players like Dandenault, Abeischer, Perezhogin, Johnson, Begin, Murray, Downey, if it means getting a good center. That way, the next time Koivu goes down to an injury, we don't write off our season.

I disagree with most of you. It is true that right now nothing is broken. But sometimes things get broken when it's not in our control. What the heck do we do if Koivu goes down with a hugh injury which he tends to do anually??? Can anyone look me in the eye and tell me we will go anywhere with Plekanec as our first line center. We have depth in every position except center. Therefore we should trade depth players like Dandenault, Abeischer, Perezhogin, Johnson, Begin, Murray, Downey, if it means getting a good center. That way, the next time Koivu goes down to an injury, we don't write off our season.

Good point, but there are some guys on that list I would NOT consider "depth" players. Don't trade Johsnon or Perezhogin. No way!

Increased power is avallaible within the Club if the conditions are right,....coaches and players need time to create a level of performances from the team that will exceed the one stricly suggested by the individual

members of that team,......team needs a stable formation to be able to grow in performances.....they get it here with the CH from Gainey's renowned patience and wisdom........players have all the required support if they persevere in making this team progresses in performances,.....while they have plenty of his patience when they miss a beat or two in this overall process.

Carbo's plan with his players at the beginning of the season was for everyone to honored the concept of progress and to use the ongoing season as a mean to get better.

It has work very positively.......it seems the CH has already progress into an improved version of their earlier self lately........now they can win more decisively without being as dependant on Huet's stellar goaltenting as they where earlier on,......this is progress.

Gainey know how to step out of the way........he likes to step-in in the off season to prepare for the following one.........and will step-in for an emergency when injuries occur........otherwise he leaves the players and coaches along to do their parts......and that's the way it should be.

Will he get a '' rental '' before the trade deadline ? Only he will know when times come about all the variables

that need being compute-in before making such a move.........he did once prior to the lock-out with Kovy but abstained from doing so last year....it's all a matter of having a complete picture of the situation and only he

can have that.

I was convinced we needed to trade for a second line center...and I still think Plekanec stinks there. However, given what Maxim Lapierre showed during his call-up, I think he warrants an audition in the second line center role before we look at a trade.