The Official Habs-World-Juniors Thread

TheBigRedC

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After that PP the US had... my hands are still shaking.

I hate the fact that SO's decide important games. Gah.

Carey Price in nets though :D

CAREY PRICE ROCKS!

OT over. 1-1 tie. Going to a shootout!

Mega defibulator time

Tell me about it!

I can't sit down for this.

Good to see I wasn't the only one who couldn't sit down. That 2 minute 4 on 3 nearly killed me, Price's cross-crease save there at the end has to be the first one thats made me yell F*** YEAH!

Then after the shootout, I'm not ashamed to say the happy tears flowed. That was a game you tell your grandkids about.

I think I'm going to puke. Man, that was intense. Carey shuts the door, and then that damn shootout. Never again! Way too nerve racking. But when we did win, I nearly put my arm through the roof.

It's amazing how silly one can behave. When we won I was punching the air.

Chicago should be happy with Toews for sure just as we are.

Next up for Canada is the hosts or Россия.

We'll find out in 3 hours or so. I'll be watching that game. It'll be nice to finally see Valentenko play.

wow !! talk about a classic matchup !!

I thought my heart would stop !!!

huge thanks to johnny and carey !!

Wooooohoooooo!!

Great job Price! What a feeling! US dominated the overtime but Price was rock solid, especially on the 4-3 and againts Jack Johnson. Good luck to Canada for the finals game!

What a turn of events. Russia 3-1 over the Swedes with 10:00 left in the 2nd. I see Sergei Kostitsyn got 2 assists today :)

Valantenko is impressing me. He's good defensively and he can rush the puck. He's been on PK and PP duty in this game. I don't think he has points but I'm happy with having him :)

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Good to see I wasn't the only one who couldn't sit down. That 2 minute 4 on 3 nearly killed me, Price's cross-crease save there at the end has to be the first one thats made me yell F*** YEAH!

Then after the shootout, I'm not ashamed to say the happy tears flowed. That was a game you tell your grandkids about.

I was literally 1 foot from my TV, standing over it during that. I was so nervous, I was sweating! :puke:

3-1 Russia, 2nd intermission.

Looks like we may be playing the Ruskies for a 3rd straight year unless the Swedes can come back. We took out Ovechkin in '05 and then Malkin in '06. Now it's time to shut down Zubov or whoever.

I'm lovin this. Pierre McGuire said; "Montreal has Valentenko and they have Emelin, watch out". :D

I was literally 1 foot from my TV, standing over it during that. I was so nervous, I was sweating! :puke:

Yeah, I couldn't sit down, but I couldn't stand still either... I was pacing all over the room. I fell over every time the US replied with a goal. By the end of it my heart was like pounding and my hands were shaking like krazy.

Anyway... it's going to be hard to top this game... even with the Gold Medal on the line on Friday, lol.

HW StatTracker updated: http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=1281

Kostitsyn (2A, 5 shots), Price (W, 34 saves), & Valentenko (2 PIM, 2 shots).

Yeah, I couldn't sit down, but I couldn't stand still either... I was pacing all over the room. I fell over every time the US replied with a goal. By the end of it my heart was like pounding and my hands were shaking like krazy.

Anyway... it's going to be hard to top this game... even with the Gold Medal on the line on Friday, lol.

HW StatTracker updated: http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=1281

Kostitsyn (2A, 5 shots), Price (W, 34 saves), & Valentenko (2 PIM, 2 shots).

Indeed. I'm watching the replay of it right now and I think I might just tape it if they show it again. I think theres another showing of it at midnight or something.

Aw i can't believe it's almost over :( Oh Well, BEST OF LUCK TO TEAM CANADA WOOOOOOOOTTT!!!! hehehh sorry i've been really busy these days so I couldn't post up the "today's matchups" lol

The Gold is coming home so don't worry :D

Haha, I never noticed this yesterday. After we win the shootout, you can blatantly here one of the players say to the camera "F*** YES!"

:lol:

Yeah, lol I caught that the first time. Pretty funny. I've seent he end of the game 3 times now... nothing beats it live though.

Can't wait for tomorrows show down with Russia... always good.

jacques demers was saying that in his talks with the red wings administration (while he was attending yzeman's ceremony), that his former employers were saying that the canadiens drafted a suprising player in price but they've ended up drafting one super goaltender in the making.

could be just politeness but, then again, it could be quite an honest comment on their part... i'll go with the honest comment...

GO :hlogo: GO!