HABS vs FLYERS • GAME THREAD • GAME 3

KoZed

Maxmillion, you cannot possibly say that Downie deserved 5 for that.

I have a neutral opinion because I hate the Sens and Flyers.;

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that Armstrong hit was the same. Koivu had the puck and it was shoulder to shoulder.

Downie left his feet, it was a head shot and McAmmond did not have the puck

I don't want to hijack this thread anymore than i already have (I apologize), but Armstrong has made himself a torpedo, like on this hit on carter (about a minute into the video.)

anyway, back on topic, this is a great, chippy series, and I don't think we have seen the best from either team yet!

You know, it's friggin' true. The one thing that has prevented us from winning the last 2 games, is burying our chances. So what do we do....we bench our consecutive leading goal scorer, indefinitely. I think he's earned the right to get a chance after 5 games out, and our offense struggling.

Unfortunately Ryder hasn't gone to the net in months. He has turned into a perimeter player

this season and that is not what they need.

They need the lineup out there to bring it every shift. They need their best players to be their

best players.

I want this team to win, I would love a miracle run. But they are not showing any signs of a team that

is on a magical run. They do not outwork their opponents nightly, their best players have disappeared

for games at a time, their goaltending has been inconsistent and they have not buried their opponents

when they have had their opportunities.

To me I am hoping they can learn lessons and go as far as possible. This team has a long way to go to

be a legit contender. They need to learn some painful lessons about work ethic, arrogance, where you have

to go to win in the playoffs.

I know they are a better team than Philly. But we will see if they can raise their level and show it on the ice.

They do just enough to win, and that is frustrating and very dangerous

as a former goal tender (definitely not price caliber) I think he is mentally assaulted he has had a couple of goofs (as all rookies do) playing goal is a very mental thing to do, you must have no fear I think he is looking a little shaky because there is just too much pressure on him right now, I would suggest that letting Halak play a game may not not be the worse thing in the world. He can be pretty sensational on his own as we saw last year. the bad part of this plan is that if he loses then you have no choice but to go back to Price who will probably win the last 3 games by shut out CAUSE HE IS THAT GOOD!!!!!!!!! AND I BELIEVE!! PASS THE GODDAMN KOOLAID AND LETS GO KILL SOME FLYERS :lol: :can: :ghg: :wall:

Edited by habs rule

I don't want to hijack this thread anymore than i already have (I apologize), but Armstrong has made himself a torpedo, like on this hit on carter (about a minute into the video.)

anyway, back on topic, this is a great, chippy series, and I don't think we have seen the best from either team yet!

Once again, not a head shot and Carter had the puck. The Downie hit was ridiculous because he

1. Left his feet

2. elbowed him in the head

3. McAmmond did not have the puck

Armstrong may have left his feet on the Carter hit, but that is 1 of 3 No Nos.

Downie nailed the trifecta and that is why he deserved it.

as a former goal tender (definitely not price caliber) I think he is mentally assaulted he has had a couple of goofs (as all rookies do) playing goal is a very mental thing to do, you must have no fear I think he is looking a little shaky because there is just too much pressure on him right now, I would suggest that letting Halak play a game may not not be the worse thing in the world. He can be pretty sensational on his own as we saw last year. the bad part of this plan is that if he loses then you have no choice but to go back to Price who will probably win the last 3 games by shut out CAUSE HE IS THAT GOOD!!!!!!!!! AND I BELIEVE!! PASS THE GODDAMN KOOLAID AND LETS GO KILL SOME FLYERS :lol: :can: :ghg: :wall:

It is unfortunate that they have not been able to let him off the hook. They really need to

capitalize on all of their scoring chances.

If Halak gets the start I am 100% behind him. But I don't think it will happen.

If Halak gets the start I am 100% behind him. But I don't think it will happen.

What I'm afraid of is seeing Price start game 4, and Halak in net for game 5. Because that would mean we're down 3-1 in the series. :huh:

Once again, not a head shot and Carter had the puck. The Downie hit was ridiculous because he

1. Left his feet

2. elbowed him in the head

3. McAmmond did not have the puck

Armstrong may have left his feet on the Carter hit, but that is 1 of 3 No Nos.

Downie nailed the trifecta and that is why he deserved it.

There was no elbow on the Downie hit either, he got him with the shoulder, and his arm extended after the hit, and, while he did leave his feet, it's very common for smaller players to explode into the hit. If you watch frame by frame, it becomes very difficult to tell if he does leave his feet before contact, or at the moment of impact. Mackenzie mentioned this in his blog right after the incident. as for the "had the puck" debate, he released the puck only a split second before contact, there was no conceivable way for Downie to avoid the hit. And if it was worth 20 games, Neil should have gotten 10-15 for his headshot on Drury last season.

again, I think this could be a spirited debate for the offseason, meanwhile, let's enjoy this fantastic series!

Edited by maxamillion

What I'm afraid of is seeing Price start game 4, and Halak in net for game 5. Because that would mean we're down 3-1 in the series. :huh:

I think that Price will start and his teammates will pick him up. It will be a lot of pressure on him

if he does start that is for sure. Another poor performance will bring out the media daggers.

The bloom will be off the rose.

I am very confident about Game 4.

Edited by Wamsley01

I think that Price will start and his teammates will pick him up. It will be a lot of pressure on him

if he does start that is for sure. Another poor performance will bring out the media daggers.

The bloom will be off the rose.

Basically it comes down to this:

If you start Price and he has a bad game you have to go to Halak, but it may be too late to win the series.

If you start Halak and he has a bad game you have to go back to Price, but it may be too late to win the series.

So you really have to go with the goalie that has the best chance of winning the next game if we still want to get somewhere in these playoffs.

If you start Price and he has a bad game you have to go to Halak, but it may be too late to win the series.

If you start Halak and he has a bad game you have to go back to Price, but it may be too late to win the series.

So you really have to go with the goalie that has the best chance of winning the next game if we still want to get somewhere in these playoffs.

Biron?

Kidding.

Yeah, that is the logic. But I think Gainey and Carbo have more confidence in Price than the majority of this board.

I will be surpised to see Halak, and I expect Price to play well. Every time people doubt him he responds.

Maybe this time he will not, but I am not going to doubt him until he does.

If that is a mancrush, if it is rose coloured glasses, blind faith etc, I don't care. Since I began to follow him closely

he has yet to let me down, so it is logical to me. If it is not to others, no big deal, I don't share their logic.

As for being down 2-1. It is not the end of the world that everybody would believe.

1991 - Pens trailed the Devils 2-1 and 3-2 and won the Cup

1992 - Pens trailed the Caps 3-1 and won the Cup

1993 - Habs trailed the Nords 2-0 and won the Cup

1994 - Rangers trailed the Devils 3-2 and won the Cup

1995 - Devils never trailed

1996 - Avalanche trailed the Blackhawks 2-1 and won the Cup

1997 - Wings never trailed

1998 - Wings trailed Phoenix 2-1 and won the Cup

1999 - Stars trailed the Avs 3-2 and won the Cup

2000 - Devils trailed the Flyers 3-1 and won the Cup

2001 - Avs trailed the Devils 3-2 and won the Cup

2002 - Wings trailed the Canucks 2-0 and the Avs 3-2 and won the Cup

2003 - Devils never trailed

2004 - Lightning trailed the Flames 3-2 and won the Cup

2006 - Hurricanes trailed the Canadiens 2-0 and Sabres 2-1 and won the Cup

2007 - Ducks trailed the Red Wings 2-1 and won the Cup

We will see how good both teams are in the next game. If Montreal is worth anything they will step up

next game and even the series up.

As for being down 2-1. It is not the end of the world that everybody would believe.

1991 - Pens trailed the Devils 2-1 and 3-2 and won the Cup

1992 - Pens trailed the Caps 3-1 and won the Cup

1993 - Habs trailed the Nords 2-0 and won the Cup

1994 - Rangers trailed the Devils 3-2 and won the Cup

1995 - Devils never trailed

1996 - Avalanche trailed the Blackhawks 2-1 and won the Cup

1997 - Wings never trailed

1998 - Wings trailed Phoenix 2-1 and won the Cup

1999 - Stars trailed the Avs 3-2 and won the Cup

2000 - Devils trailed the Flyers 3-1 and won the Cup

2001 - Avs trailed the Devils 3-2 and won the Cup

2002 - Wings trailed the Canucks 2-0 and the Avs 3-2 and won the Cup

2003 - Devils never trailed

2004 - Lightning trailed the Flames 3-2 and won the Cup

2006 - Hurricanes trailed the Canadiens 2-0 and Sabres 2-1 and won the Cup

2007 - Ducks trailed the Red Wings 2-1 and won the Cup

We will see how good both teams are in the next game. If Montreal is worth anything they will step up

next game and even the series up.

Obviously I mean it is never lights out for any team. You always have to battle and battle and battle. If you can't battle, you won't win. We'll pick it up. Round 2 is not where it ends.

Yeah, that is the logic. But I think Gainey and Carbo have more confidence in Price than the majority of this board.

I will be surpised to see Halak, and I expect Price to play well. Every time people doubt him he responds.

Maybe this time he will not, but I am not going to doubt him until he does.

If that is a mancrush, if it is rose coloured glasses, blind faith etc, I don't care. Since I began to follow him closely

he has yet to let me down, so it is logical to me. If it is not to others, no big deal, I don't share their logic.

He didn't let you down tonight??

I have been rooting for him as much as anyone, and I expected big things out of him tonight. I would say he let me down.

I still expect and want to see him start next game.

It's a tough call, the team really rallied in front of Halak, but was it Halak or the 5 minute major or Carbo screaming at them after the 2nd? I'm not going to say Price is on top of his game, but bonehead moves like O'Byrne skating in front of him as the shot is being taken is not helping him any. It's up to Carbo and Melanson to get in to Price's head and see if he's ready for game 4. Halak has not been playing much hockey the last few months, he may not be the savior a lot of you guys are hoping he is...he only had to make what, 2 saves tonight...and he looked shaky on one of them. The good thing going in to game four is; we won the third period big time and the power play got two goals. Win game 4 and we're back in the drivers seat.

It's a tough call, the team really rallied in front of Halak, but was it Halak or the 5 minute major or Carbo screaming at them after the 2nd? I'm not going to say Price is on top of his game, but bonehead moves like O'Byrne skating in front of him as the shot is being taken is not helping him any. It's up to Carbo and Melanson to get in to Price's head and see if he's ready for game 4. Halak has not been playing much hockey the last few months, he may not be the savior a lot of you guys are hoping he is...he only had to make what, 2 saves tonight...and he looked shaky on one of them. The good thing going in to game four is; we won the third period big time and the power play got two goals. Win game 4 and we're back in the drivers seat.

I can't find any post game comments from Price. I'd really like to hear what he has to say

One more thing...

As much as I hate Cherry, he is right when he says we need to get in front of Biron. The guy can see everything, and we are making him look brilliant. He is stopping everything, but I have not seen him make any really great saves.

We need to start really getting in his face..

I can't find any post game comments from Price. I'd really like to hear what he has to say

Highly doubt he hits the media tonight. Wait until after tomorrow's practise.

The funny thing is, I said to my buddy that if we play like we did in game 2 there's no way we'll lose, (the bad luck has to end sometime). So I'm sticking with that prediction. It has to even out doesn't it?