Conboy suspended rest of year... NCAA

tokyohabs

Anyone see that? What do you expect, from MSU. One player I will never cheer for.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/267874.html

Go Blue!

Hey another Michigan fan! The chats of "###### you State! ###### you State!" were funny.

Pretty dirty play, definitely looked like intent to injure. College hockey is pretty strict about this sort of thing.

Well atleast they have someone in the system who sticks up for his team mates.

I still couldn't really see the hit. It didn't look that bad in the video, but then again i wasn't the guy who got hit.

I wonder if there is an appeal process in college.

The other guy, not Conboy, was that an iron or a wood he used? I thought his form was a little Happy Gilmore, but on the course that was worthy of at least 200 yards.

Conboy did sucker punch that guy.

I'm not fond of that kind of guy but I do believe that they're usefull on a team.

this smells AHL or ECHL for Conboy.

Cool ! outside of Perezhogin there was no dirty player on this organization.

Really need a bad *ss.

Perezhogin's gesture was more of a reaction of a missed swing by the other guy.

Emelin did get suspended for the remainder of a playoff( 2 years ago I think) for sucker punching an opponent.

St**e scum. Conboy collars him from behind. It's college, you'll get that suspension. I'm sure the Habs can fill that sort of need without staining our roster by adding a St**e player to it. Call up Marty McSorely.

Tropp should be out forever. Slashing a guy in the head when he's down - even after staring at him for a moment?

Yeah Neech, big-time Michigan football fan here, even follow their hs recruiting. So I cheer for the hockey team too, even though I don't follow NCAA hockey really. But after the season we had, Blue fans need positive results wherever we can get them!

I can't figure out what st**e is...?

I'll guess state since he plays(ed) for MSU.

I didn't know that State was such a bad word. I will never use it again.

Canada

U*A

MEXICO !!

that's awful..

looks like the Michigan player tried to connect knee to knee. still no reason for conboy suckerpunching him, and his teammate slapping him in the face with his stick while the Michigan player was laying down on the ice.

We should all know better after the Betuzzi incident. You don't sucker punch! The slash was brutal as well. Both players should be out for season, and that should carry to other leagues, but it doesn't. Toughness is good but give a guy a chance to fight back or turtle.

Hope he learns from this, and continues to develope and mature as a tough edged player. Just clean it up. You can be tough and clean, ask BGL.

We should all know better after the Betuzzi incident. You don't sucker punch! The slash was brutal as well. Both players should be out for season, and that should carry to other leagues, but it doesn't. Toughness is good but give a guy a chance to fight back or turtle.

Hope he learns from this, and continues to develope and mature as a tough edged player. Just clean it up. You can be tough and clean, ask BGL.

ask Laraque of yesteryears. now he's just clean with a radiant smile.

Michigan - this word is a very good word.

State can be a good or neutral word. But when combined with 'Michigan', or referring to Michigan football rivals, it is very odious, like Michigan St**e, Ohio St**e - an evil, dirty, foul thing.

Although I had to smile at Easy's 'Mission - Lucic' comment.

My kind of player. Sticks up for his teamates. I hear this kid is really tough, gutsy, and a good future enforcer. Get him to the ECHL or AHL and see what he's got.

And good class by holding back Tropp from a 2nd blow.

We already saw what he is made of - green scum. Need opposing goons to beat it out of him viciously for a few games.

sometimes a team needs a guy like him.

Mcsorley and claude lemieux made a living at playing like that. he will need to work his temper but he's big, feisty and willing to defend teammates unlike many of Habs current players.

Terrible decision by Conboy to go pro. Guys like him should try and develop as long as possible at the NCAA level... how many forwards with 5 points in 21 career NCAA games have a decent ECHL career, let alone AHL, European pro, and the far fetched dream of any NHL career? I realize scoring isn't his game, but even one dimensional goons have some overall game at the developmental levels.

Going from the USHL to the ECHL in less than a year is a big step. I don't see how he could be ready given his NCAA performance in that half season.

Terrible decision by Conboy to go pro. Guys like him should try and develop as long as possible at the NCAA level... how many forwards with 5 points in 21 career NCAA games have a decent ECHL career, let alone AHL, European pro, and the far fetched dream of any NHL career? I realize scoring isn't his game, but even one dimensional goons have some overall game at the developmental levels.

Going from the USHL to the ECHL in less than a year is a big step. I don't see how he could be ready given his NCAA performance in that half season.

well...better be playing in the AHL-ECHL than not playing at all in the NCAA.if it slows his progression, well, too bad for him, he should thought before he sucker punched that fellow.