Habs Christmas Goodies

dlbalr

Time for that annual thread (some have been here, others in The Lounge) where everyone can discuss all the Habs-related items they got during the holiday season.

For me, I got a Cammalleri road jersey and tickets to Tuesday's game in Ottawa. As I've never been to an NHL game live before, I'm quite looking forward to this...regardless of the 7-hour each way drive that will be facing us. Here's hoping the Habs show up for this one unlike the travesty in Winnipeg.

you got a pretty good win for your 1st Habs game.. nice. Hope you enjoyed it :hyper:

Yep, I have a Koivu T-shirt that I bought heavily discounted from the Bell Centre in the summer of 2009, because I knew it wouldn't go out of date. That's the other option - identify a memorable, long-term 'core' player and go with him. But there are very few such players. Of the current bunch, only Price and Subban seem likely to have a chance to play this role, and even that remains to be seen. The other possibility is Cammy, who, notwithstanding his present struggles, is flashy and locked-up long-term. But all three represent risky investments, jersey-wise.

I got a jersey for christmas a few years ago and got Price put on it. That was before the 09 meltdown. I got a little worried there and thought the same thing. Never get a current player unless he is a franchise guy. Hopefully Price is just that. I could see him going to Calgary Edmonton or somewhere else west if he gets sick of it there though.

I got a jersey for christmas a few years ago and got Price put on it. That was before the 09 meltdown. I got a little worried there and thought the same thing. Never get a current player unless he is a franchise guy. Hopefully Price is just that. I could see him going to Calgary Edmonton or somewhere else west if he gets sick of it there though.

Off topic, but I think Price likes being a Montreal Canadien. Remember how happy he reportedly was not to be traded when the Halak deal went down. Even his mistakes (e.g., his f-you gesture to the crowd a couple of years back) show a guy in tune with the franchise's identity and history. The only thing that would drive him away, in my opinion, is if he is put in a no-win situation, e.g., a bad team with obviously inept management. If we can offer him a believable shot a winning and a competitive contract, I think he will stay.

As for BlueKross's Richer jersey - yargh! He and I obviously have very different memories of that player. I remember him mainly as infuriating. :flaming::lol:

Off topic, but I think Price likes being a Montreal Canadien. Remember how happy he reportedly was not to be traded when the Halak deal went down. Even his mistakes (e.g., his f-you gesture to the crowd a couple of years back) show a guy in tune with the franchise's identity and history. The only thing that would drive him away, in my opinion, is if he is put in a no-win situation, e.g., a bad team with obviously inept management. If we can offer him a believable shot a winning and a competitive contract, I think he will stay.

As for BlueKross's Richer jersey - yargh! He and I obviously have very different memories of that player. I remember him mainly as infuriating. :flaming::lol:

I like Carey Price a lot. My wife grew up near his hometown in thw Williams lake area. My nephew played against him when he was a kid. My wife and her family used to go to Anaheim lake for the rodeo there. My daughter was his facebook friend. My ex future son in law partied with him. It's not like I know him, but he is a hometown boy. I hope my Price t-shirt and jersey are current for years to come.

I'm thinking about picking up a game used Kostopoulos jersey for $350.

One of the most underappreciated habs player of the past decade. I think this team can use his "heart on the sleeve" demeanor.

Are you Greek?

• Upvote 1

I liked Tom the Bomb as well. Not sure why we let him go, exactly. It'd be interesting to assemble a fourth line of former Habs' fourth-liners and see what it would cost.

C- Moore

RW- Kostopolis

LW - ?

If it turned out to be affordable it would be a quietly stinging rebuke to Gauthier's bizarre policy of letting good fourth-liners walk and then scrambling to assemble a decent fourth line every season.

I loved his OT goal against the FLyers.

So did I. When the rest of the team was turtling, he was balls to the wall. definitely not the most talented player (far from it actually) but boy did he have Heart, grit and determination.

So did I. When the rest of the team was turtling, he was balls to the wall. definitely not the most talented player (far from it actually) but boy did he have Heart, grit and determination.

I agree whole-heartedly. If he could have won a fight or two, I think management might have held onto him.

I liked Tom the Bomb as well. Not sure why we let him go, exactly. It'd be interesting to assemble a fourth line of former Habs' fourth-liners and see what it would cost.

C- Moore

RW- Kostopolis

LW - ?

If it turned out to be affordable it would be a quietly stinging rebuke to Gauthier's bizarre policy of letting good fourth-liners walk and then scrambling to assemble a decent fourth line every season.

Metropolit!!

I too liked Kostopoulos. My wife is Greek, er, no truth to the rumors about backdoor shenanigans. He always gave it his all, even if he often became a speed bag in a fight.

Yeah, back door my a$$!! (mine's Greek too btw)

Speedbag or not, how many players do you know who would drop the gloves in order to stick up for a teammate or spark the team knowing that he would get his face reconstructed EVERY FRIGGEN TIME??!!!??

That's it, I'm getting his jersey.

I learned this years ago - never invest in a jersey with a current player's name on it. The no-brainer solution is to pick one of the greats from the past. I got a Morenz #7 jersey years ago - now there's one that separates the men from the boys ;)

I've got a Beliveau and a Richard in my collection.

However both sweaters just have the number 4 and number 9 along with Captain's "C" on them respectively.

Neither player actually ever wore a jersey with his last name on it, as the names were not introduced until the year after Beliveau's retirement (and even then only on road sweaters). It would be the mid 70s before all jerseys had names.

As for Kostopolous, they reason they let him walk was that they signed Moen that summer and he was seen as an upgrade.

At the time I was confused why they didn't keep them both and have a solid grinding line :/

I've got a Beliveau and a Richard in my collection.

However both sweaters just have the number 4 and number 9 along with Captain's "C" on them respectively.

Neither player actually ever wore a jersey with his last name on it, as the names were not introduced until the year after Beliveau's retirement (and even then only on road sweaters). It would be the mid 70s before all jerseys had names.

I love that.

great jersey selection!