Hurricanes vs Canadiens - March 7th, 2013

bar

well, i guess Weber will be sitting next game. THis team really gives up too many leads.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'd rather see Kaberle in the lineup over Weber. Habs may be wise sending him to the minors and see if any team will bite on the waiver line.

So sloppy by the Habs.

MT is gonna rip them one.

I just don't get this team. I don't think I've ever remembered a habs team that has blown as many two goal leads - particularly 2-0 leads as this team.

So sloppy by the Habs.

MT is gonna rip them one.

He already did during the one commercial break. I suspect he won't have much of a voice after tonight.

As for Weber, I wouldn't be surprised (or upset) if he was nailed to the bench for the 3rd. He made a soft, panicky play that led to Bowman's goal and on his next shift, turned it over to Staal for the penalty shot. I absolutely sympathize with him, it's hard to be in game shape and make the right reads when you haven't played in over 6 weeks but right now, I don't think the Habs can trust him out there.

Canes have 35 shots. We can say what we want, but if the game ended right now, statistically Price is having a good game.

Second period we looked like last year's team. No breakout, no attempted breakout, just dump the puck out. Glad to see it started to turn around the end of the period, well up until the penalty. These refs need to make up their minds, either put the whistle away or call everything. Tired of this in between garbage where it looks one-sided. Skinner turned away from the play and delivered 3 nasty cross-checks to Subban without a call. Granted Subban did it to him first, but why not call either, but call Ryder for the really weak interference call?

He already did during the one commercial break. I suspect he won't have much of a voice after tonight.

As for Weber, I wouldn't be surprised (or upset) if he was nailed to the bench for the 3rd. He made a soft, panicky play that led to Bowman's goal and on his next shift, turned it over to Staal for the penalty shot. I absolutely sympathize with him, it's hard to be in game shape and make the right reads when you haven't played in over 6 weeks but right now, I don't think the Habs can trust him out there.

I honestly think this game is more about showing him off to trade rather than him being useful.

I honestly think this game is more about showing him off to trade rather than him being useful.

I doubt it to be honest. He has over 100 games of experience in the league, teams know who he is and what his style is, one game after sitting for that long shouldn't change much. Bouillon looked uncomfortable back on his off-side against the Islanders, Weber playing lets him go back to his more comfortable side. If this is a showcase game, I hope other GM's/scouts aren't watching.

What is with all of these stoppages tonight.

Pens Flyers game is tied.

Pens take the lead.

What do they put the over/under at when those 2 teams play.

WOW
Gorges and Prust again./

I doubt it to be honest. He has over 100 games of experience in the league, teams know who he is and what his style is, one game after sitting for that long shouldn't change much. Bouillon looked uncomfortable back on his off-side against the Islanders, Weber playing lets him go back to his more comfortable side. If this is a showcase game, I hope other GM's/scouts aren't watching.

I was a fan of the kid at the start of last season. He had some games where he made some good decisions with and without the puck. When he faltered, he seemed to lose his confidence, then never fully recovered. I knew he was going to be rusty tonight, but if he hadn't had the lower body injury he would have been nailed to the bench for the 3rd period. At this point in his career he's a tweener. Since the Habs have 3-4 good prospects on the blueline that could be ready in the next 1-2 seasons, Weber's days are numbered in Montreal.

I agree with Brian that you have to feel for Weber after his long layoff :1gohabs:

well, one thing that separates this year's team, then past team, is there is no quit. Give up a 2 goal lead and get totally out played and then retake the two goal lead again.