Game 2, Sens vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

That should calm a few people down. Tonight wasn't as impressive an effort as last night but Price had a strong game to make up for that. Full props to White too - I've probably been the hardest on him lately but he played a very strong game.

Like i said in the earlier this morning. The team on the ice tonight is bigger, tougher and plays more North South. That's what you need in the playoffs.Obviously i would trade Pacs for Dumont but i like the line up.

Price was excellent. I liked Bouque, White, Prust (even though i thought he had a couple of soft penalties called on him)

good effort overall by most everyone. I did notice DD with one nie pass.

Diaz needs to get in the gae, man is he soft, he could have cleared at least 5 pucks in the D zone and just turned it over. Impressed with Tinordi as well.

That should calm a few people down. Tonight wasn't as impressive an effort as last night but Price had a strong game to make up for that. Full props to White too - I've probably been the hardest on him lately but he played a very strong game.

This can maybe settle Price down. How does one block out the pressure.

And there were indeed a few Whiteouts tonight. .. and no penalty?

Can you imagine winning on Sunday?

Looking back at the Ryder goal, Desharnais deserves some praise there. His aggressive forecheck caused Cowen to play the puck into the corner and course him going in to retrieve it helped set up that marker. Speaking of praise for players with assists, I have to echo the sentiments for Galchenyuk. His patience to wait for the trailing blueliner was perfect and he knew the hit was coming - he took the hit to make the play. Nicely done.

That play was incredible!

• Upvote 1

Man this team has heart and keeps surprising me. I was all doom and gloom over losing Eller. Then when i Got home from the office, I heard Gionta and maxpac were mg one and I was sure we were done.

Great clutch effort, redemption by Price and gotta love the kids!

Just one point i should make with all the Price mainia and how bad he is.

Goalies who are 1 and 1.

Nabakov 7 GA

Hiller 7 GA

Detroit goalie forgot his name 7 GA

Anderson and Price 5 GAA

Calm down peopel, goalies let in goals. Shame on the team for folding like a tent after a soft goal.

Diaz needs to get in the gae, man is he soft, he could have cleared at least 5 pucks in the D zone and just turned it over. Impressed with Tinordi as well.

Interesting, I thought he was much, much better tonight. A couple of clearouts were blocked but that's about the only negative I can think of from him. He skated it out a few times and his positioning was a lot better - same goes for Gorges. Those two also blocked almost as many shots as the entire Ottawa team.

Did anyone notice the goal song has been changed again?

I definitely thougth he was better, he is just soft on the puck in his own end. Loses alot of battles and has a hard time clearing the puck when preasured

Man this team has heart and keeps surprising me. I was all doom and gloom over losing Eller. Then when i Got home from the office, I heard Gionta and maxpac were mg one and I was sure we were done.

Great clutch effort, redemption by Price and gotta love the kids!

Me too. No way I thought we could muster a decent game, and I figured Price would be just as bad.

He saved our butts and the cast of characters was excellent. Bourque was an inspiration...and the Gallys.. YA BABY!

Just one point i should make with all the Price mainia and how bad he is.

Goalies who are 1 and 1.

Nabakov 7 GA

Hiller 7 GA

Detroit goalie forgot his name 7 GA

Anderson and Price 5 GAA

Calm down peopel, goalies let in goals. Shame on the team for folding like a tent after a soft goal.

Oh..ya... I kinda forgot a bit there... :bonk:

Interesting, I thought he was much, much better tonight. A couple of clearouts were blocked but that's about the only negative I can think of from him. He skated it out a few times and his positioning was a lot better - same goes for Gorges. Those two also blocked almost as many shots as the entire Ottawa team.

Did anyone notice the goal song has been changed again?

It seemed that Gorges. .. who was a hero of mine.. played well tonight and I didn't really notice Diaz much. Probably a good thing.

He can sure skate though.

http://t.co/2zDxhnDRFJ

Price

Gallagher

White

Three stars.

Fun video clip of White.. hahahaha.

Perfect star selection

Perfect star selection

OK..maybe Bourque too.

Interesting choice to play Kassian over Conacher. Kassian was a total non-factor, and took a bonehead penalty with six minutes left. I hope they keep pounding Karlsson, he has to be the biggest sissy in the league, and after a few more big hits he might fold up like a pup tent.

Interesting choice to play Kassian over Conacher. Kassian was a total non-factor, and took a bonehead penalty with six minutes left. I hope they keep pounding Karlsson, he has to be the biggest sissy in the league, and after a few more big hits he might fold up like a pup tent.

Wouldn't that be nice!

GIven we lack offence, I'd rather go with Leblanc - he at least brings more offensive potential.

Prust was dumb with that i hope he doesn't get suspended comment. I don't understand why a player needs to telegraph their attentions like that.

Leblanc's offence was non existent this season.... those guys can score more than him, at least this year.

I got on Carey last night... but tonight... Faith is restored. This is the Carey we've been waiting for. What a game.

The two Penalty kill saves with the score 2-1 late in the 2nd were phenomenal.

Oh and that #27 kid... remind yourself, he is 19 years old and tonight was his 2nd ever playoff game. SOOOOO GOOD.

While I don't think we played as well in this game as last, Price played *much* better, especially in the 2nd when we really needed him. If he can maintain this level for 3 of the 5 remaining games, we should win, because outside of the goaltending, I think we're the better team. Price just needs to hold up his end of the stick.

While I don't think we played as well in this game as last, Price played *much* better, especially in the 2nd when we really needed him. If he can maintain this level for 3 of the 5 remaining games, we should win, because outside of the goaltending, I think we're the better team. Price just needs to hold up his end of the stick.

The Sens honestly beat us in forward depth. Especially when healthy. But as the game proved, it isn't such a difference that the Canadiens can't overcome it. The defence has to support Price all the way. They can't be leaving him out to dry then just hoping he stops a 50/50 circumstance. The goal he allowed was also a real BS situation with Prust's stick being taken.