Training Camp Roster

dlbalr

6 hours ago, habs rule said:

Hey has anybody got an idea when the final cuts will be made? I assume right after final preseason game but I am not sure.

I think we can ink in Lehkonen or Carr's name on opening day roster.

Would Andrighetto or Flynn have better chance of passing through waivers?

Sergachev took another big hit, played fine, but thinking he will be with the Spitfires by the weekend. 

Guest Stogey24

Flynn gets derailed like once per game. Constantly skates with his head down. 

Ya, it's nice to have a guy who can play C and wing, but he's nothing that cant be replaced internally. Put him on waivers. 

I'd put Andrighetto on waivers and keep Flynn.

Flynn brings something on the table when it comes to faceoffs and PK.

Andrighetto, not that much other than (not) providing some secondary scoring.

Guest Stogey24

I honestly don't really care. I've never been a huge Andrighetto fan either. It's just the fact that he's younger and does have some potential. 

1 hour ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Knowing Bergevin (we boys) he's more likely to trade him for a younger prospect who will play in the AHL for another year before being a potential call up. 

I'd prefer that route unless they're getting a half decent draft pick.

1 hour ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Keeping Sergachev is a bit silly but they need to show fans the future of the Habs defence. Nine games and back to the O is fine. Just a bit silly to me. 

They don't really 'need' to show the fans that Sergachev is a good prospect for down the road.  Most of them know that already.  I'd send him back after tomorrow's game and be done with it.  He needs to work on his defensive zone play and with them being Memorial Cup-bound, he'll get plenty of time in Windsor to do just that.

Guest Stogey24

Ya,  Sergachev's play in his own end needs work. 

Kind of thought Barberio might get waived. He'll most likely clear. 

14 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Kind of thought Barberio might get waived. He'll most likely clear. 

It depends on how his contract will be viewed.  Is two years on a one-way deal enough of a poison pill to scare smaller market teams away if he doesn't pan out?  Or, is it cheap enough of a deal that cap-strapped teams will look at his contract as an asset?

31 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

It depends on how his contract will be viewed.  Is two years on a one-way deal enough of a poison pill to scare smaller market teams away if he doesn't pan out?  Or, is it cheap enough of a deal that cap-strapped teams will look at his contract as an asset?

He has the perfect Las Vegas bait contract for a team that needs to leave a defenceman available.

Now that waived Barberio, shouldn't be a big deal if Sergachev whether plays 9 gms or not.

(they noted Emelin was extra d-man at practice today)

20 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

26 on the roster, 3 to be cut (pending someone being placed on IR).

OH ok so just Barbs comes off at this point. Condon goes down that leaves 2. This is gonna go down to the wire.

I just wasn't sure about the injuries and if they counted on the roster. IR takes a fairly serious injury no? A neck injury could be any damn thing, pneumonia on the other hand takes some recovery 2 to 3 weeks I believe. So if both these guys get put on IR then just Condon gets cut and we can keep the team as is for now?

22 minutes ago, habs rule said:

OH ok so just Barbs comes off at this point. Condon goes down that leaves 2. This is gonna go down to the wire.

I just wasn't sure about the injuries and if they counted on the roster. IR takes a fairly serious injury no? A neck injury could be any damn thing, pneumonia on the other hand takes some recovery 2 to 3 weeks I believe. So if both these guys get put on IR then just Condon gets cut and we can keep the team as is for now?

IR means they're out a week (as of the beginning of the season).  It's different from LTIR which is several weeks and at least 10 games.  If both forwards were to be put on IR, yes, they could keep the current roster (less Condon).  They'd be pretty tight to the cap to start the year though.

43 minutes ago, JCPetit said:

Sergachev certainly needs to improve his defensive game, but he deserves a try-out anyway. Let me remember you guys that we have endure a lot worse than him in the last few years.

Enduring worse than him isn't exactly justification for a tryout though.  Offensively, he's capable of playing in the NHL.  Defensively, he's not.  A small stint with the big club isn't going to really change that.  If he can't play the most important part of his position, he shouldn't be playing, even if it is just for the nine games before year one of his ELC kicks in.

54 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

IR means they're out a week (as of the beginning of the season).  It's different from LTIR which is several weeks and at least 10 games.  If both forwards were to be put on IR, yes, they could keep the current roster (less Condon).  They'd be pretty tight to the cap to start the year though.

Well it is one way they keep Sergachev up and give him some games. Also would give Andrighetto a faint hope.

Just now, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Without having watched the preseason, I'm a bit surprised at waiving Barberio. I liked his game last year and felt he was a useful asset.

Redmond & Pateryn have been that good.