Sign in to follow this  
dlbalr

Welcome to the new HW Forum

Trizzak    413

Is there an auto-profanity-filter on? I swear I've seen a swearword or two disappear from some old posts.

I suppose there is one way for me to find out...

Edit: Confirmed. What the ?

zumpano21    38

Only a 25th could make this forum look better.

• Like 1

Meller93    121

Faaaaaancy, I can now use italics bold underlining and emoticons on the old cellular :B)

And pictures? Here's me and Frankie Boo havin a drank for good measure

image.jpeg

• Upvote 1

KoRP    154

I like this format from what I see, it's modern and frilly!  :o

• Like 1

dlbalr    645
10 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Is there an auto-profanity-filter on? I swear I've seen a swearword or two disappear from some old posts.

I suppose there is one way for me to find out...

Edit: Confirmed. What the ?

There has always been some sort of a filter, usually by converting the words to a series of number signs.  That setting appears to have carried forward. 

Trizzak    413
3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

There has always been some sort of a filter, usually by converting the words to a series of number signs.  That setting appears to have carried forward. 

Except now the word is completely erased. It is really unsatisfying.

dlbalr    645
5 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Except now the word is completely erased. It is really unsatisfying.

Well, that's a little strange.  I'm not quite sure how to fix that then.

Meller93    121

We'll just have to add our own $&%#!@ signs

• Upvote 1

habs rule    392

I like it Iike it alot.

• Like 1

dlbalr    645

A few little tidbits I've fixed as I come across them:

- Signatures are now re-enabled.

- Status updates are now disabled (no one was using them in the past other than the spam bots).

- The tagging system is now back to normal (it was a little jumbled up as all the tags imported as one single tag combined).

Somehow Don's username changed and I have no idea how that happened.  Don, if you're reading this and can't sign in, send me an e-mail and I'll try to get that fixed for you.  If anyone else had that issue come up too (or can't sign in/post), send me a quick note and I'll look into it.

Scott462    54

I like the new lay out btw! 

Thanks for for the hard work Brian 

• Upvote 1

ehjay    14

VERRY SWEEET!!!!! thanks for all the hard work :)

• Upvote 1

DON    9

Seems nice changes and ditto for what ehjay posted.

• Like 1

dlbalr    645
On 2016-09-24 at 10:22 PM, Scott462 said:

I like the new lay out btw! 

Thanks for for the hard work Brian 

For the record, I've had very little to do with this.  Anything like this is done by the site's owner (sakiqc).

12 minutes ago, DON said:

Seems nice changes and ditto for what ehjay posted.

I'm glad I went ahead and changed your username back - I was waiting for you to e-mail me to make sure you hadn't triggered the change yourself but I figured you'd want it changed back if I hadn't heard from you by now.

Scott462    54
2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

For the record, I've had very little to do with this.  Anything like this is done by the site's owner (sakiqc).

My inexperience is shinning through

BCHabnut    146

I've noticed when I'm signed in on my android, the thread title is dark if there are unread replies, but when I click on the title, it takes me to the first post of the thread. Not where i left off. Not a huge deal. Just an observation. 

Toronthab    260
On 9/23/2016 at 8:34 PM, dlbalr said:

Welcome to the new look forum.  This is what has caused all the downtime on the site over the last week or so but I believe we should be good to go now.  There are still some things being slowly returned via a background install (to avoid any overloads on the server) but I don't think anything of note is missing. 

There are some new features on here that we'll discover as we go along.  As you find new ones, feel free to post them here.  A few that I'm aware of:

- Embedding media - For tweets in particular, all you should have to do is copy/paste the URL inside the post.  It should, within a second or two, convert to the actual tweet.  That's better than having to convert to HTML to post tweets like in the past.  This should work for YouTube videos and other media (Instagram, Vine, etc) as well.

- Replying to partial messages - If you want to reply to only a certain part of a post, you can highlight that text and then a little 'Quote this' bubble will pop up.  Click it and a reply will open up with only the part that you highlighted as the quoted text.

- The PM system has changed.  For starters, notifications are bit more visible - when I logged on I had a notification on the bottom right on the page, just a little bubble that popped up.  There are a couple of other tidbits - if you're interested, click here.

I'm sure there are many more but I'm in the middle of trying to figure out where things are in an entirely new admin panel.  (I did figure out how to upload a certain :sarcasm_on: smiley at least...I can't find a corresponding 'sarcasm off' one though...)

If any of you have any questions/comments/feedback, feel free to post those.  If you see anything that doesn't look quite right, let me know as soon as possible (and if you can, send a screenshot).

Thanks for all the great work you guize 

l<OV4L3V    18

looks clean and not so geocity like. well done Brian.

sakiqc    37

Forum software maintenance & upgrade

The forum has been updated to the latest version, which should help improve performance and block the bots/spam we were receiving.

There seem to be some visual changes. dlbalr will certainly tweak it later this week to make it more Habs-like.

If you see anything not working, suggestions of things that can be improved let us know here.

Go Habs !

• Like 1

Trizzak    413

The old girl is looking as sexy as ever.

DON    9
1 hour ago, sakiqc said:

The forum has been updated to the latest version, which should help improve performance and block the bots/spam we were receiving.

There seem to be some visual changes. dlbalr will certainly tweak it later this week to make it more Habs-like.

If you see anything not working, suggestions of things that can be improved let us know here.

Go Habs !

looks good sir

dlbalr    645
20 hours ago, sakiqc said:

There seem to be some visual changes. dlbalr will certainly tweak it later this week to make it more Habs-like.If you see anything not working, suggestions of things that can be improved let us know here.

I can tweak some things but the visual layout (skins and themes) is your department as I have no idea how to change a lot of that stuff around.