Sign in to follow this  
Trizzak

Habs acquire Mike Reilly

All that scouting of the Wild has paid off

• Upvote 2

Who is Mike Reilly? 

2 goals and 8 assists in 38 games this year. He may actually be our offensive derenseman. 

• Upvote 1

Reilly has another year left on his deal after this one at a cap hit of $725,000.  Cheap depth for next year as well.

As to why Minnesota moved him:

They're pretty tight to the cap (that's why they waived Chris Stewart) so the cap probably played a role as well.

Mike Reilly was great in college, spurned the blue jackets for Minnesota, and then never really developed into what he should have been. 

This is a 5th round pick for a guy who is a 6/7 defenceman.... and might have lightning in a bottle to be more (but probably not). 

Any thoughts on Reilly versus Jerabek?

Based on Age and Contract status, we are probably better with Reilly. 

• Like 1

There is nothing wrong with this trade but it still speaks to a GM who is obsessed with dumpster diving looking for that player who did not live up to his potential who has a one in a million chance to turn it around now and MB is going to gamble because it is cheap!

Stop sifting through garbage and get us the players that we need. Other GMs  do it every year and his obsession with bargain "depth" players with character is driving me crazy.

Stop retooling our bottom end FFS and fix the top end.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

51 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

There is nothing wrong with this trade but it still speaks to a GM who is obsessed with dumpster diving looking for that player who did not live up to his potential who has a one in a million chance to turn it around now and MB is going to gamble because it is cheap!

Stop sifting through garbage and get us the players that we need. Other GMs  do it every year and his obsession with bargain "depth" players with character is driving me crazy.

And what top end players was he supposed to acquire at the trade deadline?

7 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

"still speaks to a GM who is obsessed with dumpster diving "  great line

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Commandant said:

And what top end players was he supposed to acquire at the trade deadline?

My post was more about my frustration with endless #7 dmen pick ups in the hopes that they become #1.

I'm just frustrated :(

• Upvote 1