Jump to content

Brett Kulak recalled


Recommended Posts

With the defence struggling, the Habs have recalled Brett Kulak from Laval.  They were only at 22 skaters on the roster so no corresponding move needs to be made from Montreal's end.

 

Laval has, in turn, recalled Ryan Culkin from Maine of the ECHL to take Kulak's spot.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I was curious about Kulak. Not really knowing him or his play at all, am just hoping he is better than Oulette-Alzner-Reilly and current version of youngster Mete.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DON said:

Well, I was curious about Kulak. Not really knowing him or his play at all, am just hoping he is better than Oulette-Alzner-Reilly and current version of youngster Mete.

 

Decent skater, not the greatest in his own end.  He has been more involved offensively than he was with Calgary/Stockton but that's more by necessity than him magically rediscovering a scoring touch.

 

20 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Here we go again, calling players up for a handful of games to evaluate them

I am curious to see him play :)

 

 

This isn't really the same as calling up a prospect as you were proposing with Evans earlier.  Kulak's already 24 with 101 NHL games under his belt.  I'm not sure this is an evaluation more than it is creating an opportunity to bench another d-man following yesterday's debacle.  (I imagine he'll be in along with Alzner against Buffalo.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

 

Decent skater, not the greatest in his own end.  He has been more involved offensively than he was with Calgary/Stockton but that's more by necessity than him magically rediscovering a scoring touch.

 

 

This isn't really the same as calling up a prospect as you were proposing with Evans earlier.  Kulak's already 24 with 101 NHL games under his belt.  I'm not sure this is an evaluation more than it is creating an opportunity to bench another d-man following yesterday's debacle.  (I imagine he'll be in along with Alzner against Buffalo.)

 

Exactly, this is closer to what we saw with Chaput recalled then seeing AHL rookies called up

Link to post
Share on other sites

That is a lot of left d, Kulak, Schlemko, Ouellet, Mete, Alzner, Benn and Reilly.

 

Which one of those can play with Weber ? 

 

Weber Schlemko

Petry Reilly

Alzner Benn Juulsen

 

Mete as to play 25 minutes a game and PP time in the AHL. 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it could be an evaluation as they prepare for the time when they have to demote Mete Or trade Benn or Schlemko Or waive Alzner. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, dlbalr said:

This isn't really the same as calling up a prospect as you were proposing with Evans earlier.  

 

11 hours ago, Commandant said:

 

Exactly, this is closer to what we saw with Chaput recalled then seeing AHL rookies called up

Yes , you are both right. Got too excited there :bonk:

 

I have not found a site that has all the call ups with dates, I am still looking into compiling a list to see how often the CH has done it

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, PMAC said:

I think it could be an evaluation as they prepare for the time when they have to demote Mete Or trade Benn or Schlemko Or waive Alzner. 

Apparently, Eric Engles and I both think waiving Alzner is the best of these options( as I said in a previous thread).

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/waiving-alzner-canadiens-make-room-weber-juulsen/

Link to post
Share on other sites

Stability is the only thing that can staight up the D.

 

The d are not touching anybody just reacting on the play. Mostly because they don't know who they are paired with. 

 

So Ouellet and Mete out as soon as possible. Play 3 pair. Forwards who dont come back like Hudon, Drouin should be kept out off other team 1st line.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I have not found a site that has all the call ups with dates, I am still looking into compiling a list to see how often the CH has done it

1

 

Try this one.  You can set specific date filters and customize it to just show recalls/demotions.

 

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/hockey/Search/Search.php

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

 

Try this one.  You can set specific date filters and customize it to just show recalls/demotions.

 

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/hockey/Search/Search.php

Thank's Brian! I looked in that site, but hadn't found the filters. Will do later today :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...