A Good Point On The Road

markierung

I know a lot of people will be dissapointed with the loss,

but i'm thinking a point on the road against one of the league's top teams pretty good.

Also, huet and the Koivu were awesome

Yeah Huet had some big saves tonight and I dont blame him one bit for this loss. And its absolutely great to see Koivu getting a 3 point game out of the gates. We'll be better tomorrow now that weve got the rust out and the nerves calmed down.

:hlogo:

Terrible match up. Buffalo has our D's number, with all that speed. Not once did I think this game was over.

Huet...nearly saves the Kings' season in 03...saves the Habs' season in 05...has a fine playoff in 05...stands on his head most of the night for Game One of 06...

Gee, what a fraud. Like McGuire says, he's BEEN EXPOSED!! They've all GOT THE BOOK ON HIM!!!

I thought it was a very strange third period. The first two periods were ones that the league wishes every game was like: up-and-down, great flow, no penalties. Then they came out for the last 20 and it was like two different teams came out. Buffalo's last two goals were really lousy, and the Habs should have won it going away, and the shootout was a joke. I don't know if Huet tweaked something on the first shot, but the last two were horrible. It was defeat snatched from the jaws of victory, pure and simple.

Terrible match up. Buffalo has our D's number, with all that speed. Not once did I think this game was over.

Huet...nearly saves the Kings' season in 03...saves the Habs' season in 05...has a fine playoff in 05...stands on his head most of the night for Game One of 06...

Gee, what a fraud. Like McGuire says, he's BEEN EXPOSED!! They've all GOT THE BOOK ON HIM!!!

MacGuire said later in the game "looks like Huet isn't a flash in the pan."

But if you watch the shootout, you see that maybe he's right - Huet is weak high gloveside.

You can't make a case after only one game though.

MacGuire said later in the game "looks like Huet isn't a flash in the pan."

But if you watch the shootout, you see that maybe he's right - Huet is weak high gloveside.

You can't make a case after only one game though.

I would say Huet's glove is fine. He made atleast 2 or 3 nice glove stops through out the game. That shootout shot by the Buffalo guy was simply amazing. No goaltender would have had a chance at that. Huet didn't move his body on that shot, never mind his glove.

I think he looked great. Just as good as last year.

Buffalo made Souray look pretty crappy out there. He just couldn't stop anyone from driving wide to the net. It was driving me crazy!

Perezhogin looked great. He was hitting, working hard on the boards and he had some scoring chances.

Samsonov needs to shoot the puck.

Latendresse was too scared to play. He was trying to play too safe. We need him on the edge.

Komisarek was very solid.

Niinama was decent.

Dandenault was awesome. I love the way he was jumping into the rush.

A dissapointing loss but we went toe to toe with a very good team.

Latendresse's problem was he was trying to do too much when he got the puck. In the first he had the puck a couple of times in Buffalo's zone and each time he tried a silly deke around the Buffalo defender that was easily poked away.

A "good" point on the road is when the Nabs come back and tie the game to send it to OT............

Wait that's what happened to us last night....

So I don't think this was a good point to pick up. I thought with the new coach, and the way he played that a 2 goal lead would be plenty, since Carbo made his bread and butter shutting down the other teams top players when he was playing....

But it's early, but they better not let a game slip away like that again.

I thought the Habs played well overall. Yes, they could have had 2 points, but perhaps it's a good early lesson for the team to remember that there's at least 60 minutes in a game, and nothing should be taken for granted before that last second has expired. Yes, they had some untimely lapses, and maybe Carbonneau has learned not to put Kovalev in to the game so late when a more defensive player may be a better choice. I really liked their top 2 lines, all exhibiting good pressure, speed and puck control for most of the game. The 3rd and 4th lines played well. Considering the Sabres had ample chances to shut them down with the last line change, Koivu's line was dominating them offensively, and Plekanec's line had numerous good oportunities too. Watch out when Plek's line has more time together to gel. Niinama looked tentative at time, but he too hasn't had much game time with his new teammates, so I'll pass judgement on him after more time has passed.

Now until Pierre Mcguire clearly states what the "book" on Huet has "written" in it, I won't listen to him. He's just being his usual, catch-phrase, blow-hard self, who enjoys listening to the sound of his own voice. I can't remember the first time he's said anything non-objective about the Habs since he's been an anal yst for TSN.

I am excited as a point in Buffalo is good. Did they not own the Habs last year?

Montreal skated with them, had a lead but blew it. Will get them next time as I am glad to see the Canadiens can play with the better clubs. Go Habs...Go Habs...Go Habs...

I am excited as a point in Buffalo is good. Did they not own the Habs last year?

Montreal skated with them, had a lead but blew it. Will get them next time as I am glad to see the Canadiens can play with the better clubs. Go Habs...Go Habs...Go Habs...

Buffalo didn't own us last year. ??

Every game was close and a few went to OT but I think we split them until the final 2 - there was a home-and-home series and we lost both. But I think those may have been in overtime too... all the games were more or less the same type we had on Friday night.

Buffalo, at this moment, looks like the class of the East ..........2 solid goalies, very mobile "D", fast creative forwards along with just enough toughness in Peters and Mair.....I thought we held our own against them (and remember that was our first game of the year, and not theirs).

Buffalo didn't own us last year. ??

Every game was close and a few went to OT but I think we split them until the final 2 - there was a home-and-home series and we lost both. But I think those may have been in overtime too... all the games were more or less the same type we had on Friday night.

We won the first two, and I think they won the rest, but they were all pretty close.

as I said for starting on a tough road trip to start the season they did pretty well. 3 points out of 4. I would take that everytime.

have to agree 3 out of 4 aint bad- could be a lot worse could be 3 out of 6 like a certain team from Ontario who's name i dare not speak or it would be blasphemy.