~Official Xbox 360 thread~

habs_in_the_blood

I'm playing Dark Sector right now - Surprisingly good. I mean, it's not great, but I like it enough that I'll probably finish out the story - unlike Assasins Creed and Lost Planet. lol

Assasins Creed = Most overrated game of all time. It's not that great.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's overrating it? Everyone hated it aside from a couple casual gamers.

EVERYONE I talk to think's it is God's bread. Even a lot of websites gave it good ratings, such as Gamespot. Buzz for this game has been generally very good, which stuns me. This game was only ever so-so, and dull.

EVERYONE I talk to think's it is God's bread. Even a lot of websites gave it good ratings, such as Gamespot. Buzz for this game has been generally very good, which stuns me. This game was only ever so-so, and dull.

You're not talking to gamers then. I have one friend who thought it was amazing but he's not much of an actual gamer. I got into a huge debate about it at my other friends birthday last winter. Of all things, he said the story was amazing (it was the most cliche thing put to paper)

Anyway, if you delve further into the scene, you'll find most people hate Assassin's Creed. It gets openly mocked now, thats part of the reason they completely dropped Altair from the sequel. They have to start over. The game's gimmick is fun for 10 minutes and then it gets old.

Gamespot stopped being a credible source a few years ago. They take money for good reviews, it's been proven. Just ask Gerstmann. The other big dog, IGN, gave it a 7.7. Everyone else is small-time (people stopped caring about X-Play when G4 took over).

Hell, we even ripped it to pieces in this thread when it came out, lol

Edited by jetsniper

You're not talking to gamers then. I have one friend who thought it was amazing but he's not much of an actual gamer. I got into a huge debate about it at my other friends birthday last winter. Of all things, he said the story was amazing (it was the most cliche thing put to paper)

Anyway, if you delve further into the scene, you'll find most people hate Assassin's Creed. It gets openly mocked now, thats part of the reason they completely dropped Altair from the sequel. They have to start over. The game's gimmick is fun for 10 minutes and then it gets old.

Gamespot stopped being a credible source a few years ago. They take money for good reviews, it's been proven. Just ask Gerstmann. The other big dog, IGN, gave it a 7.7. Everyone else is small-time (people stopped caring about X-Play when G4 took over).

Hell, we even ripped it to pieces in this thread when it came out, lol

Fair point. I agree though, don't get me wrong. The game was shallow and boring. Ouu, watch me push my way through this crowd for 10 minutes to stab that one guy. This is after I get forced in the time machine so I can restore my memory, or whatever the fack it was. Seriously? It has a worse story than Viva la Pinata.

Fair point. I agree though, don't get me wrong. The game was shallow and boring. Ouu, watch me push my way through this crowd for 10 minutes to stab that one guy. This is after I get forced in the time machine so I can restore my memory, or whatever the fack it was. Seriously? It has a worse story than Viva la Pinata.

It was an ambitious project for sure that I think they got a little overwhelmed with. It was one of those games that should've seen a delay but I'll cut Jade Raymond some slack cause she's a hottie.

Besides, Assassin's Creed 2 looks baller as f*ck.

Assasins Creed = Most overrated game of all time. It's not that great.

Hey, Assassin's Creed was AMAZING

... for the first 5 minutes or so before everything became incredibly repetitive. I will say that there was enough potential in the first game to make me pretty excited for the sequel.

Oh, and Kristen Bell FTW. ^_^

Kristen Bell is sexy but has nothing on Jade.

They're both hot but Jade is Canadian (does being born in Montreal give her a bonus point?) and makes video games. That gives her the advantage in my books. :D

I posted that stuff a while back but no one commented on it. :(

I'm so happy they brought back the Fantasy draft.

Agreed. I would buy the game for that alone. I have no idea why they'd even take that out, it's silly. To me, as odd as it sounds, that really is one of the best features.

I can remeber back on NHL 05 I think it was, I had a balling team. Geoff Sanderson has a 98 point season for me. It was good stuff. :clap:

GM Mode sounds like they're finally putting in some depth to dynasty mode.

Agreed. It's the only thing I really play anyways.

I know in my MLB 09 the Show franchise I could fantasy draft, way more fun than having to trade everyone.

Yeah, you can't do that trading thing in NHL anymore either with the Reputation thing. Like how people trade an 80 oa for an 81 oa and then flip that guy for an 82 oa and so on. Other GMs will just stop trading with you altogether and you won't have get a lot of interest during free agency from players.

Haven't delved into the FEAR series yet... but I've heard a lot of good things about it.

Got Prey in the mail today... likely won't get much action until I'm finished with [Prototype]™ and the new Gears 2 Map pack.

Anyone else played F.E.A.R 2?

I got it last weekend. The first one had an intense atmosphere, this second game isn't scary at all. It's basically all action.

The mech is f*ckin' sweet though.

I couldn't agree more.

I still enjoyed it but the first one was better, even fear files was pretty good. They are bringing out a 4 level DLC sometime in September and I liked the game enough that I will buy it.

Online multiplayer was really fun but sadly nobody plays it.

Picked up the new Gears of War update. The single player sucks, but I'm glad that they finally added EXP to Horde (albeit only a little) and the new maps aren't too shabby.

Picked up the new Gears of War update. The single player sucks, but I'm glad that they finally added EXP to Horde (albeit only a little) and the new maps aren't too shabby.

I think they actually added EXP for Horde in a patch, rather than the chapter that they are selling.

It was part of TU4 which went out at the beginning of the month.

I haven't played Gears in months, so it's all new to me, lol. Still not a ton of EXP for horde tho but it makes it that much better

I haven't played Gears in months, so it's all new to me, lol. Still not a ton of EXP for horde tho but it makes it that much better

You supposedly get more the higher you get. Epic didn't want players to just be able to grind on the 1st level.

I couldn't agree more.

I still enjoyed it but the first one was better, even fear files was pretty good. They are bringing out a 4 level DLC sometime in September and I liked the game enough that I will buy it.

Online multiplayer was really fun but sadly nobody plays it.

Wait, September? I just read the other day that it'll be out in just a few weeks.

http://www.incgamers.com/News/17708/fear-2...ed-getting-demo

Yeah, August 27th. I'll have traded it in before then though. I have $90 left on my Arkham Asylum pre-order and no cash so I'm trying to beat everything I have before it comes out so I can just do a massive trade-in, lol.