~Official Xbox 360 thread~

habs_in_the_blood

Just some generic tank-top

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive...80x_408090a.jpg

I wanted one of her in the octagon but to have a decent paint job, it needs to be like a precise front-facing picture so my choices were limited. I did an Avs one too and it looks better then the Sens one but I figure it's better to have the Sens one because of HWL. Do you watch MMA Colin? Or are you one of those guys who just see it as human cockfighting (like that moron Bill O'Reilly). Or I guess you could not give a crap and be a neutral. If I had to guess, knowing you were into pro wrestling, I'd say you'd kinda be into it.

And this is all extremely unrelated to the Xbox. :P

Interseting that I think she actually looks hotter with what you put on her. Nice job. You may dress all the women I come across.

Do I watch MMA.. No. I did occasionally, but I'm not really into it. Do I see it as human cockfighting? lol Well, I wouldn't call myself a moron like Bill O'Reilly, but that's exactly what it is. Not that I'm against it, but it is just a fight. Sure, you have to outsmart as well as outhit, but it still just boils down to primitive ass-kicking. Mostly, though, I don't give a crap. I'm not against it, I'm not for it. It just is. I seem to recall someone named the Spider, or something like that, who was fun to watch the two or three times I saw him. Long legs, flying kicks.

And I'm not into wrestling anymore - it's not fun anymore. Once the Rock left, it all went seriously downhill. No one there has the charisma he has. Not even close.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interseting that I think she actually looks hotter with what you put on her. Nice job. You may dress all the women I come across.

It's one of my absurd talents, putting hockey jerseys on pictures of people. I remember getting requests from Tex and faerie (that one was probably my best). Usually I do the whole jersey but it felt like a shame covering up her huge arms, her being a fighter and all.

Do I watch MMA.. No. I did occasionally, but I'm not really into it. Do I see it as human cockfighting? lol Well, I wouldn't call myself a moron like Bill O'Reilly, but that's exactly what it is.

This is semantics really, so I won't go into it too much but obviously I'd disagree. For MMA anyway, I personally think theres a lot more to it but I'm biased as well. I'd agree on boxing though. It's just two people seeing who can punch each other in the head more. I hate boxing.

And I'm not into wrestling anymore - it's not fun anymore. Once the Rock left, it all went seriously downhill. No one there has the charisma he has. Not even close.

No, I knew you weren't. I still watch during the summer when nothing else is on and then January to March for the Rumble and Wrestlemania. Nostalgia really, I still get excited for both events even though the talent they have now is terrible compared to the Rock/Austin days.

Dead Space? Yes/No?

Oh hell yes!

The camera angle takes some getting used to (third person, over the shoulder view) but the polish and presentation are on par with Bioshock.

I haven't played very much yet but so far I am incredibly impressed. Not to mention the game almost made me shat myself a couple of times :clap:

I got Dead Space this morning. Possibly one of the most immersive games I've ever seen, the atmosphere in it is just incredible. Play it at night with all the lights off.

It's like RE4+Doom 3+actual scary content=Dead Space.

Dead Space really makes up for the fact F.E.A.R. 2 was delayed till February, I have my great Halloween game to play.

I got Dead Space this morning. Possibly one of the most immersive games I've ever seen, the atmosphere in it is just incredible. Play it at night with all the lights off.

It's like RE4+Doom 3+actual scary content=Dead Space.

Dead Space really makes up for the fact F.E.A.R. 2 was delayed till February, I have my great Halloween game to play.

The sound is just incredible. Voice acting is great but the sounds of the ship creaking, things scurrying about, whispers and moans are the best I think any game has ever done.

I am happy that FEAR 2 was delayed. My wallet can't take anymore right now! Fable 2 and Fallout 3 yet this month is leaving me broke.

I am a fan of the FEAR series and from what I have read they are making this one scary this time. The story is a bit confusing to me though. Is Alma your mother?

Jets, you... you... you...

You smell.

Now I'm going to have to see if this game is available for the PS3. Buggeritall. I'll be indicating YOUR name to my wife when I come home. Usually, as you know, I'm the racing game-type guy. But Half Life? In the dark? That was awesome. Simply awesome. Now you're telling me this... what is it? Dead Space? Is like that? Bastardation.

EDIT: Just went to the site for the game. Yes. Available for PS3. Nice job: hope YOU can deal with my wife.

Edited by Colin

Jets, you... you... you...

You smell.

Now I'm going to have to see if this game is available for the PS3. Buggeritall. I'll be indicating YOUR name to my wife when I come home. Usually, as you know, I'm the racing game-type guy. But Half Life? In the dark? That was awesome. Simply awesome. Now you're telling me this... what is it? Dead Space? Is like that? Bastardation.

EDIT: Just went to the site for the game. Yes. Available for PS3. Nice job: hope YOU can deal with my wife.

:lol:

I originally wanted to get it for PS3 but they were all sold out and only had one copy left for 360. Loved Half-Life 2, Ravenholm is just the creepiest level I've ever played. Damn head crab zombies.

:lol:

I originally wanted to get it for PS3 but they were all sold out and only had one copy left for 360. Loved Half-Life 2, Ravenholm is just the creepiest level I've ever played. Damn head crab zombies.

Never played Ravenholm. I'm actually in the middle of HL2. Then I went and had a kid which kinda killed that whole "free time" thing, at least in terms of sitting and playing games for extended periods. Also, I'm stuck at one point that I can't seem to get by. Which sucks. The game is utterly brilliant.

Are they going to put out HL3? I should check out that site. I used to play TFC online (70-1 ratio sniper baby!) and I hear that the new TFC2 is pretty good as well. Also played CS, but didn't get into that one as much. I've certainly never come across a company that puts out FPS games as good as them.

EDIT: I can't spell.

Edited by Colin

No plans for Half Life 3 right now but Valve put out two more games that add to Half Life 2. HL2: Episode One and HL2: Episode 2.

If you get The Orange Box then you get HL2, the two episodes, TFC 2 and Portal (one of the best little games released last year and it's only about a 5 hour play)

No plans for Half Life 3 right now but Valve put out two more games that add to Half Life 2. HL2: Episode One and HL2: Episode 2.

If you get The Orange Box then you get HL2, the two episodes, TFC 2 and Portal (one of the best little games released last year and it's only about a 5 hour play)

Actually, after I posted I trolled the net for 10 minutes to see about HL3. Apparently they decided not to make people wait the obligatory 6 years for the next installment and Ep's 1-3 are what they are "calling" HL3. Which is just semantics, of course - and I'm sure they're hard at work on #3. (I did find one site that indicated they were, in fact, working on the next sequel.)

Alright, I've hijacked this thread enough. Sorry 360 users. Back to your regularly scheduled game$. :P

Actually, after I posted I trolled the net for 10 minutes to see about HL3. Apparently they decided not to make people wait the obligatory 6 years for the next installment and Ep's 1-3 are what they are "calling" HL3. Which is just semantics, of course - and I'm sure they're hard at work on #3. (I did find one site that indicated they were, in fact, working on the next sequel.)

Alright, I've hijacked this thread enough. Sorry 360 users. Back to your regularly scheduled game$. :P

Oh, Half-Life 3 is inevitable IMO. Theres just nothing concrete about it right now, especially since Valve is focusing on Left 4 Dead right now. Then, like you said, theres still Episode 3 which will end that story arc. Plus theres the TF 2 updates. There will probably be some kind of announcement in 2009. It'll end up being the same time period that was between HL and HL2.

I am a fan of the FEAR series and from what I have read they are making this one scary this time. The story is a bit confusing to me though. Is Alma your mother?

Whoops, missed this.

Yeah, Alma is your mother and Fettel is your brother.

Yes please!

Well, we're getting a KOTOR MMO. That was Bioware's big announcement yesterday but everyone already guessed that was it. One of my friends asked a Bioware guy at Blizzcon (yeah, my lucky bastard of a friend went to Blizzcon) if it was a KOTOR MMO and he pretty much just said yes.

Far Cry 2 is getting excellent reviews so far so it looks like I'll eventually get that. Fable II was released yesterday (can't believe no one even mentioned it in the coming days) and I'm really enjoying it so far. My EB was friggin jam packed too, I was a little surprised. On the flip side, Spider-Man apparently sucks so looks like Far Cry will take it's place on my buy list.

4 days until I get Guitar Hero IV and 6 days until I get Fallout 3! I think I might chill out on the game buying after that and just enjoy these games before going for another round. I've still barely played through Tales of Vesperia.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing Fallout 3 since Tuesday and loving it. Unfortunately I've been stuck at work, so I've only made a little progress, but what I've seen so far has impressed me. I doubt it'll compare to Oblivion, but it's grabbed my interest thus far... maybe when I nail down the little aspects of the game I'll be that much more satisfied.

One week to GOW 2!

I didn't think I'd be one of those nerds who would be upset Fallout 3 is just a carbon copy of Oblivion but I kind of am. Maybe upset is a bad word because it's still a fantastic game but right now I think I'd still rather play Fallout 2. Fallout 3 still probably gets a 9 or a 9.5 out of 10 from me though

I bought Far Cry 2 today (I lied about not buying games anymore) and added a little more to my Gears 2 pre-order. EB let me know they're gonna sell it at midnight but I'm undecided if I'll go right at midnight.

LittleBigPlanet on the other hand I bought at the same time I picked up Fallout 3 and I have to say, it is the best game I've played all year. I didn't see anything in the holiday season as something that would surpass Metal Gear Solid IV for my GOTY but I'd say LittleBigPlanet has. It's obnoxiously cheerful which is rubbing the "mature" gamers the wrong way but if something as stupid as that doesn't bother you then it's amazing. 10/10 for LBP. I love it so much.

Fable II is actually really good too. I knew Molyneux was promising too much (he always does) so in that sense it probably failed to live up to the hype but if you spend time fiddling around with some of little things in the game then it's well worth the 60 bucks. If you fly through the story and don't spend time exploring then it's probably not as good. I'd give it a 8.5/10

Anyway, there we go. I wait for other people to post in here before I say anything just so I don't end up talking to myself. :lol:

Oh right and Guitar Hero IV which I picked up on Sunday. Some songs are FUN. AS. HELL and other songs you play through and it's just "who the ###### thought it was a good idea to put this song in the game". Freak On A Leash is a great example. And I'm really happy that Activision programmed the game to adapt to Rock Band instruments instead of the other way around. Probably a 7.5/10

Edited by jetsniper

Oh yeah, I played the Mirror's Edge demo last night as well, that was probably the most excited I've been all week when I saw that was available. The demo didn't dissapoint either, it was exactly what I was hoping for. Mirror's Edge is going to be outstanding, I'm so stoked for it's release (November 13th)

Debating on switching my Gears 2 pre-order over to Mirror's Edge. And this is totally me :lol:

20081031.jpg

Edited by jetsniper

Hmm.... decisions decisions...

I can get Fallout 3, but with Gears coming out this week, that's not really a ton of time to play Fallout as I expect to live on Gears for awhile. There's always Deadspace to hold me over until Gears, but I was thinking that would be a good pickup sometime in January.

I think I might just go cold turkey when it comes to buying new games until Gears is out.

Well luckily I played the EndWar demo today and didn't like it at all so thats one game down. I didn't like the Motorstorm demo either but thats only because I sucked at it. Smackdown Vs Raw I'm undecided on. I get that shit for Christmas every year but it hasn't been any good since 2005 (which I still have) so we'll see.

Mirror's Edge, shit, I need that right away. I'm playing the demo more then any game I've bought in the last 2 weeks. I'm thinking of trading in NHL 09 to help pay for it (it's trade in value is 40 bucks!) and just letting 08 tide me over until I can just get 09 used for cheap.

At least the Wii is being nice to my wallet, it only has 2 games worth getting for the holiday season. Neither one will be liked by casual gamers too, haha.

NHL09 = 40$? What about Fable 2?

Dunno, I just asked the clerk when I was picking up Far Cry 2. I'd expect about the same but Dead Space is only $24 so who knows.

That close to the games release, I can't see it being under $35. Give EB a call and ask, they can just look it up for you.

I'm starting to regret not having a 360. Many games look very nice for it.

Fallout 3

Fable 2

Oblivion

Tales of Vesperia

NHL

Gears of War 1/2

Bioshock

Eternal Sonata

Devil may Cry 4

10 games out of the top of my head that interest me.. mmm.

With almost nothing of interest on the Wii and the PS2 dying down, I really wonder WTH I'm waiting for.

I'm starting to regret not having a 360. Many games look very nice for it.

Fallout 3

Fable 2

Oblivion

Tales of Vesperia

NHL

Gears of War 1/2

Bioshock

Eternal Sonata

Devil may Cry 4

10 games out of the top of my head that interest me.. mmm.

With almost nothing of interest on the Wii and the PS2 dying down, I really wonder WTH I'm waiting for.

What are you waiting for?

"Jump in"

I'm playing Gears 2 right now and there is something just so satisfying about chainsawing someone in half!