Begin News?

Oleg Petrov

I find it's usually pretty easy to keep track of what the story is with guys on the IR through RDS, but I can't seem to get a bead on what the story is with Begin. Is he just day-to-day with no forecast of return? Is his back just mysteriously sore, and his return subject to the impenetrable whims of his spinal musculature?

Anyone have a clue?

I too would like to know what's up with Steve?

Hope he gets back in the line-up soon, even if it means someone has to sit. I agree with CJAD's Murray Wilson, Bégin brings an intensity this team needs, especially right now.

Get well soon, Steve!

Begin is not doing well from what I have heard and could be close to retirement if he does not have some success very soon. His back/ribs have been giving him a lot of trouble and I do not believe he has skated with the team even once since December 9th.

Damn it smells like a discal or vertebrae nerve pinching issue that may require operating.... which is the only way to repair for any hope of pro sport competition BUT that means the end of the season... 4-8 months of recup depending on the severity and the succes with the exercises

So I wont be surprised they are going with kinesiology orthopedics and hopefully acupuncture for now in hopes of getting him back! the thing is the man cannot play without dishing hits!

Good wishes to Begin

Damn it smells like a discal or vertebrae nerve pinching issue that may require operating.... which is the only way to repair for any hope of pro sport competition BUT that means the end of the season... 4-8 months of recup depending on the severity and the succes with the exercises

So I wont be surprised they are going with kinesiology orthopedics and hopefully acupuncture for now in hopes of getting him back! the thing is the man cannot play without dishing hits!

Good wishes to Begin

it's been said to be back spasms and what I heard is that he could resume training with the team as soon as after all star game.

Potentially no Begin for the rest of the year?! NOOOOOooooo

Horrible.

I hope you're wrong JMMR, but, I know you've got closer ears than we do. Dang nabbit.

Well, good thing for the young guys then. Lapierre has done a good job filling the agitator role.

Potentially no Begin for the rest of the year?! Horrible.

Lapierre has done a good job filling the agitator role.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Potentially no Begin for the rest of the year?! NOOOOOooooo

Horrible.

I hope you're wrong JMMR, but, I know you've got closer ears than we do. Dang nabbit.

Well, good thing for the young guys then. Lapierre has done a good job filling the agitator role.

I hope I am wrong as well and I believe Begin is trying everything right now besides surgery because I bet surgery = no season no playoffs.

It's not like it was the Red Army, i cannot believe that one journalist has had a interview, on it's feeling not to play, on the team play on ice and all relatives questions to the players states of mind.

He is one of the fan favorites and if in it not for this forum we would never hear from him. Like it's a national secret. Come on we fan do not just want to hear locker room stuff over and over. Make your job go to his house and make an interview like Paul Buisson in RDS use to do get to know theyre future plan, theur family, what they like and sometimes have fun with them.

The journalist Francois Gagnon of La Presse has mentioned several times that Begin has a back problem related to his sciatic nerve. What is this?

sciatic nerve

n. A sensory and motor nerve originating in the sacral plexus(lower back) and running through the pelvis and upper leg.

Anyone who has had back problems realizes how complex and dibilitaing they can be.

I agree that Begin's absence leaves a hole in the Habs team. His energy and desire can be infectuous. Mtl's 4th line has been weak most of the year with Begin out.

This type of injury is bad news to a player like Begin. I sincerely hope he can come back from it.

The journalist Francois Gagnon of La Presse has mentioned several times that Begin has a back problem related to his sciatic nerve. What is this?

sciatic nerve

n. A sensory and motor nerve originating in the sacral plexus(lower back) and running through the pelvis and upper leg.

Anyone who has had back problems realizes how complex and dibilitaing they can be.

I agree that Begin's absence leaves a hole in the Habs team. His energy and desire can be infectuous. Mtl's 4th line has been weak most of the year with Begin out.

This type of injury is bad news to a player like Begin. I sincerely hope he can come back from it.

doesn't sound too good, does it...?

he may be out for the year and this could very well signal the end of his career... for his sake, i hope not...

GO :hlogo: GO!

i recall begin saying it's one of those injuries dat would be playable during da playoffs but since it's da regular season, my bet he's taking it easy. My bet is dat he's back for da playoffs if not a couple of weeks be4hand. he's a great leader on this team n he will be back when da time comes. TRUST ME

"Mais l'objectif est de revenir avec les gars jeudi, de retrouver ma forme au plus vite et de reprendre la compétition"

"the idea is to come back with the other guys on thursday, quickly get back into shape and rejoin the team" - Steve Begin

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20070124...5128/CPSPORTS01

"Mais l'objectif est de revenir avec les gars jeudi, de retrouver ma forme au plus vite et de reprendre la compétition"

"the idea is to come back with the other guys on thursday, quickly get back into shape and rejoin the team" - Steve Begin

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20070124...5128/CPSPORTS01

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Only skimmed the article and my french isn't great. Are they retiring his junior jersey?

Sciatic nerve is a large nerve, about the size of your thumb, that runs down your back and is close enough to the surface at the lower back and higher buttock that you can massage it. A fairly strong percentage of pregnant women have issues with sciatica because of the movement of the internal organs (and of the baby). Later in life, the only real treatment for a recurring problem is a cortizone shot which has variable effectiveness. I believe that rest and recuperation for someone in the prime of life is the best bet, but if it's taken plenty of damage, I can see a doctor insinuating that retirement would be preferable to a lifetime of constant pain.

Only skimmed the article and my french isn't great. Are they retiring his junior jersey?

Yep, his number 22 will get retired in Val-d'Or tonight.

• 1 year later...
Any Bégin's news ? Why is he benched for so long ? Will he ask for a trade ?

We have to bench someone. And of course he won't.

We have to bench someone. And of course he won't.

IM sure it'll be done this week

the guy is UFA at the end of the season and wants to prove that he's worthy of another contract. he's not in MTL's plans, let him go. the guy has done so much for this team, he deserves at least a trade.