Phil Kessel, Bos.

Evgeni Malkin, Pitt.

Zach Parise, N.J.

Jordan Staal, Pitt.

Alex Steen, Tor.

Thomas Vanek, Buf.

Just wondering who picks this team.

Patrick Eaves? Alex Steen? Phil Kessel?

Chris Higgins could not make this team? Lats has had a way better year than Kessel and is on par with Steen and Eaves for points at 19 years old.

Interesting choices :huh:

Lats has had a way better year than Kessel and is on par with Steen and Eaves for points at 19 years old.

Interesting choices :huh:

Give Lats a testicular cancer and we'll see who will have the best season... But for Steen, yeah Lats could have make the team over him i think.

Give Lats a testicular cancer and we'll see who will have the best season... But for Steen, yeah Lats could have make the team over him i think.

yeah, I think we should just leave Kessel alone. But Lats should be on there somewhere, agreed... and Higgins isn't there because he wouldn't be considered a "Young" star anymore... he's almost 24 I believe.

Oh well I'm not complaining to much. It is pretty stupid that they did not make the team but if it means more rest for Lats and Higgins I think I would perfer that. They will both be eager to go after the break and finish the season strong.

Could not be more true.

I am also of the glass half full approach.

yeah, I think we should just leave Kessel alone. But Lats should be on there somewhere, agreed... and Higgins isn't there because he wouldn't be considered a "Young" star anymore... he's almost 24 I believe.

Personally I do not care, just seem like strange selections to me.

Steen is born in 84/Higgins 83 as is Keri Lehtonen. Steen has no business being there.

Steen scored 10 points in the first 40 games of the season and 1/4 of his points came in 1 game?

Who is bashing Kessel? Because he has had a mediocre last 2 seasons and dropped from consensus number 1 to number 5 and is putting up ordinary numbers he should be in the young guns game because he had cancer?

I judge what I have seen on the ice and he has been invisible in 6 of the 7 games I have seen him play.

He is -11 and is averaging a point every 3 games. It is not called the Young Mediocre Game.

I would just like to know the process, thassit

That was a pathetic performance...Also, I dont want Anzi Kopitar in Montreal...the guys face creeps me out...Somebody get that kid into a tanning bed...If he did come to Montreal, i'd call him casper. Second of all...They played it at a bush leaguers speed...They are rookies...they are meant to be fast and lift the fans off their feet...PS: Alex Steen is an embarassment to the dangle community (with the several pathetic attempts to achieve a eyebrow raising deke), and perhaps one of the worst rookie all star selections I have seen in my lifetime.

yeah but goalies are typically late bloomers and those considered "young" goalies are usually a few years older than the young players...

I read somewhere that it's a players contract that determines eligibility: if he's on an entry level contract, he can play; if not, not. I'm not sure if there is any age criteria in addition to this.

That explains why Higgins couldn't play (he's on his second pro contract; first one was for one year) - but Lats was eligible.

I read somewhere that it's a players contract that determines eligibility: if he's on an entry level contract, he can play; if not, not. I'm not sure if there is any age criteria in addition to this.

That explains why Higgins couldn't play (he's on his second pro contract; first one was for one year) - but Lats was eligible.

that is my understanding as well. I remember Ryder being the oldest guy at the young guns game a few years ago.

I found the game terribly boring. I expected them try out fancy, new moves while on breakaways and for it to be kind of like "street" hockey. But it was just a bunch of useless passing plays that didn't even produce shots on goal. Lehtonen was incredible though and Getzlaf showed off his moves a couple of times.