Deadline Deals 2007

jetsniper

ài think that one of the problems coburn had to go through is that the guy pick after is Dion Phaneuf( just before montreal's pick :wall: )

maybe the atlanta brass panicked a little bit.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Atlanta is going for it now.

TSN is saying a deal has been reached between the Thrashers and the Blues for Tkachuk. They are waiting on Tkachuk's blessing.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=197640&hubname=

Yeah right. the Zithnik trade was a kind off leadership add.

From Andy Strickland:

"The Blues get a first round pick in 2007, a third round pick in 2007 and and second round pick in 2008 plus Glen Metropolit. If Atlanta re-signs Tkachuk this summer the Blues will receive an additional first round pick in 2008. "

Another example of how much teams are willing to sacrifice their future for the present. Trade Souray now!

As you see though, teams are not willing to give young players. Just draft picks. 2007 and 2008 picks means thoses players won't be Blues before a couple years; unless the recent trend of bringing 19 yrs old rookies fast keeps going.

Well, the big thing also is that Tampa really wanted a defender but had very little cap room. O'Brien's earning only 495,000.

Not bad for TB ... O'Brien is 6'3" 237lbs and only 23 ... sounds alot like a one Mike Komisarek but nastier and will drop the glove more often ( 140 PIMS ). He'll be a solid top 4 dman for awile and like smon mentioned .. he's cheap.

Stats ... 2g 12a 14 pts 140 PIMs +5

Just speculation but Esche to Montreal for a 4th?

This probably isn't true but would be funny.

Pretty funny, yep, if he's accompanied by Simon Gagne, OK, but otherwise I can't believe Mr Gainey going after Robert Esche.

Rivet and a 5th for Josh Gorges and a 1st.

Looks to be a done deal. Nice job Gainey. :clap:

Nope well not that I remember please do tell.

Ah well, over a summer my younger brother, Braydn, was playing in a 3 on 3 league out in the town of Cobourg. There was no age limit, so it wasn't out of the ordinary to see 28 year olds playing 15 year olds, but for the most part it was pretty even. Except for one team, which was made up of a couple of junior players and Shane O'Brien who at the time wasn't in the NHL, but had been drafted by the Mighty Ducks.

So my brother's team is playing them, and O'Brien was basically being a cocky prick...even being a little dirty with his play. My brother and his team decide to rattle him a little bit, so as he's setting up for a penalty shot, their bench starts yelling out "Quack! Quack! Quack! Quack! Triple Deke!!!" He doesn't score, and skates towards their bench saying, "You guys shouldn't be lipping off to a pro player."

So my brother replies, "Shane O'Brien, 0 games in the NHL. Braydn Tapscott, 0 games in the NHL."

Shane gets the last laugh now, but at the time it was hilarious.

Speaking of O'Brien, it seems pretty obvious that Burke traded him to get a 1st round pick to work with and open up a roster spot for a more experienced defenseman. Which brings us to the Sheldon Souray to Anaheim rumors. Burkie might feel he can sign Souray longterm given that Anaheim is so close to where his daughter and ex-wife reside. Probably Gainey would want the pick and Bobby Ryan in exchange. Or the pick and Mark Mitera at least.

Tucker re-signed to a multi-year deal. He'll average about 3 million dollars a season.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=197748&hubname=

Florida has finalized a deal with a team that is NOT Toronto or Ottawa and are awaiting to see if Gary Roberts is willing to waive his no-trade clause.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=197768&hubname=

Also, the BJs re-sign Modin for 3 years.

Tucker re-signed to a multi-year deal. He'll average about 3 million dollars a season.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=197748&hubname=

Florida has finalized a deal with a team that is NOT Toronto or Ottawa and are awaiting to see if Gary Roberts is willing to waive his no-trade clause.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=197768&hubname=

Also, the BJs re-sign Modin for 3 years.

People know Bonk_The_Habbie. No need to bring up old news. :P

Knowing Burkes past, I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Souray is a Duck tomorrow.

There a lot of guys on waivers and Cajanek and Berard are not bad players. We will see if anyone claims them.

TSN.CA: reports the following players have been placed on waivers: "Michael Leighton - Flyers, Denis Hamel - Thrashers, Jason Krog - Rangers, Niko Kapanen - Thrashers, Marc Chouinard - Canucks, Aaron Downey - Canadiens, Brian Boucher - Blackhawks, Bryan Berard - Blue Jackets, Petr Cajanek - Blues".

There a lot of guys on waivers and Cajanek and Berard are not bad players. We will see if anyone claims them.

TSN.CA: reports the following players have been placed on waivers: "Michael Leighton - Flyers, Denis Hamel - Thrashers, Jason Krog - Rangers, Niko Kapanen - Thrashers, Marc Chouinard - Canucks, Aaron Downey - Canadiens, Brian Boucher - Blackhawks, Bryan Berard - Blue Jackets, Petr Cajanek - Blues".

I'm hoping Nonis might pick up Cajanek to play with Nazzy, but that's only if he can't get a better player...

If Chouinard leaves, this is how Nucks fans will remember him...

http://www.canucks.com/player/new/player.asp?bw=300

Under Video Library click on French Blues Band.

:lol: