Plekanec could have been at the All-Star game....

C-Love

I find it hilarious how the majority of the people on this forum kept saying all year that Samsonov and Kovalev would have put up big numbers this year if not for having Plekanec playing in the middle of them, but ironically enough, when you take those two cancers away from Plecs he is the Habs top scorer and still one of their most consistent defensive forwards. Most people on here were calling for his head and bashing me for defending him, and without him we wouldn't have won the very few games that we did in the last month.

I find it hilarious how the majority of the people on this forum kept saying all year that Samsonov and Kovalev would have put up big numbers this year if not for having Plekanec playing in the middle of them, but ironically enough, when you take those two cancers away from Plecs he is the Habs top scorer and still one of their most consistent defensive forwards. Most people on here were calling for his head and bashing me for defending him, and without him we wouldn't have won the very few games that we did in the last month.

Well if Kovalev was a "cancer" how come he still has something like 13 more points then plekanec despite pleks turning it on in recent weeks?

Plekanec is just on a hot streak, and good for him but he wont be able to keep it up.

That still doesnt excuse the countless assists he cost Kovalev in December.

His shot is great and vision is okay sometimes he rushes plays where he has more time but he has the potential to get better and better.

But NO WAY he was going ot the all star game this year.

Plekanec is only now starting to cash in the kind of golden opportunites he hashad all season. Kovalev was setting the table for him that way right from the start, and Plekanec missed more of them than you'd expect a Georges Laraque or a Donald Brashear to miss. Plekanec is playing well now, but don't delude yourself...he was GARBAGE for the first two months of the season offensively.

Plekanec is playing well now, but don't delude yourself...he was GARBAGE for the first two months of the season offensively.

Was he garbage or was he playing with garbage? I hear people saying he couldn't cash in all season with Kovalev, but they are now seperated and he is scoring and Kovalev is still shitting the bed, so is it now Kovalev's new linemates who are preventing him from putting up big numbers? Always the linemates it seems. Poor Kovalev and Samsonov, they just have noone good enough to play with them.

A little over three weeks ago I said the Plekanec will end the season with more goals and points than Samsonov, for me that was a no-brainer even though I took some flack for it at the time, with people laughing at my prediction, I will now go out on a limb and say that he will also pass Kovalev in points by the end of the season as well. He has 10 less points than him now and Kovalev was on the 1st or 2nd PP unit all year. Pathetic.

Plek is a good little center with speed and some offensive skills. Things turns his way because he works hard. Will never ne an all star but a valuable player for his team.

Things can always turn your way if youre playing hard and skate pass your opponent.

At this moment only 6 forwards are doing that : Bonk, Plekanek, Streit, Johnson, Lapierre and Samsonov.

The others will have to follow or were going down the standings.

C-love Plekanec is still playing with Kovalev and has been for quite sometime that was the only line that remained intact yesterday.

I got off on a big of a tangent there and wasen't reading what I was writing, but I was eluding to Samsonov rather than Kovalev.

trade perezhogin for a dozen of sticks, Sheldon can use some more.

This is EXACTLY the kind of anti-Perezhogin comments I'm talking about... the kid's done everything they've asked of him, fit into every role they throw him into -he's supposed to be a top two line player and they put him on the third line, ask him to improve his D, and what does he do? He excels, he gets the team's best plus / minus, then they demote him to the 4th, then they stop playing him???? WHY????

What's so wrong with Perogie? I'm telling you if we don't give him a chance, he'll get traded and we'll watch him grow strong and get amazing with another team and he'll burn us every time he comes here...

I totally agree on that one.They may hold him and try him in Ryders spot next year. I like Ryder but he just isn't the same player this year and he is an UFA. It would be a big mistake letting Perez go.

If they let Perez go I would really question BG sanity.

What about Carbo's sanity for not playing the kid and totally killing his confidence and making him feel that the club has no faith in him??? BG will probably have a hard time convincing Perogie that there's any good reason for him to stay... "of course we'll give you ice time. of course we care about your development. Of course we see you as an integral part of our future"... if you were perogie, would you believe BG when he told you that after the way Carbo's consistently whittled your role on the team down to basically nothing this year????

You are correct shorthanded every other player has been rewarded for good play with more and more ice time and chances to play top line minutes. I really hope Perezhogin understands the teams depth and comes back next year or gets a chance sometime this year.

He does need to work on dicipline (along with the rest of the team) I heard a stat on him which is why he was benched, he has 29 hooking / holding penaties. If he can solve that problem, he'll be reagular.

He does need to work on dicipline (along with the rest of the team) I heard a stat on him which is why he was benched, he has 29 hooking / holding penaties. If he can solve that problem, he'll be reagular.

I believe it was 22 but whos counting.

but who doesn't??? Heck, Garth Murray needs to work on discipline and he doesn't have 1/10 of the upside Perogie does...

Actually Murray is a bad example, he doesn't take too many penaties.

Koivu

Kovalev

Bonk

Ryder

Bouillon

Souray

Rivet

Those guys are always good for a hook or hold per night.

I agree with you on Perez, i would put him on a line with Koivu and see what happens. Know one else seems to be scoring with Koivu.