Game Thread | Carolina vs. Canadiens | 02/06/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So that is your pat answer for people pissed at their favorite team blowing chunks...

Being a fan doesn't mean you have to be a blind cheerleader.. this team has problems...

Most of the "fans" are not only overly pessimistic but actually look for things they can complain about when there is, in reality, no problem. If you do not enjoy watching our team, then you are not a fan of the team. If your hobby is to bash a hockey team, you clearly do not like it and are therefore not a fan of this team. It's like the man who beats his wife because he "cares so much about her." When you look at the entire picture, the team is not anywhere near "blowing chunks." In our last 7 games, we're 4-2-1. Why is that reason for concern? The whole point of a following a sports team is to have fun and enjoy the highs and lows. If you don't know how to control your emotions and take it too seriously.. well, that's your problem. I atleast will have FUN watching hockey - if I didn't, then I wouldn't bother watching it. Because the fact is that anyone who doesn't enjoy the game is just wasting their time.

Most of the "fans" are not only overly pessimistic but actually look for things they can complain about when there is, in reality, no problem. If you do not enjoy watching our team, then you are not a fan of the team. If your hobby is to bash a hockey team, you clearly do not like it and are therefore not a fan of this team. It's like the man who beats his wife because he "cares so much about her." When you look at the entire picture, the team is not anywhere near "blowing chunks." In our last 7 games, we're 4-2-1. Why is that reason for concern? The whole point of a following a sports team is to have fun and enjoy the highs and lows. If you don't know how to control your emotions and take it too seriously.. well, that's your problem. I atleast will have FUN watching hockey - if I didn't, then I wouldn't bother watching it. Because the fact is that anyone who doesn't enjoy the game is just wasting their time.

... full agreement with you Habbie ;)

very well said, bth... very well said...

GO :hlogo: GO!

I thouroughly enjoyed that loss do I get a gold star? ;)

And I'm FREEEEE, FREEEEEE FALLIN

sounds like a song... got the melody to it?

Ok , 3 observations :

- ######ing Koivu ; thanks for the stupid penalty that resulted in a PP goal

- Ward was amazing

-Abby good too

- Ninima instead of Souray in the last seconds of the game ?? :blink::huh:

Edited by rafikz

three stars - les trois étoiles

1 - williams (surprised? i'm not...)

2 - ward

3 - higgins (good sign of things to come, i hope)

In case you didn't notice, I was defending someone, but now I guess you are attacking my view of the team too.

People are allowed to vent their frustrations on this board when the team is not playing well.. if you don't like them, ignore them, but don't just slam the person and tell them to leave....

Just because people make negative comments does not mean their hobby is to "bash the team". If you notice, most people here give both praise and criticisms.

Oh, and if you think this team is playing well lately, you have rather low standards. Perhaps you should go be a leaf fan. :P

Lose to yet another horrible team.. Gotta love the habs!

Putting Lapierre and Johnson on the ice in the final minute of a game. Gotta love Carbo!!

Name one "offensive" player on this team that is getting it done? Give Carbo credit for switching things up - I'll tell ya, with the way they're playing, Kovalev/Koivu/Ryder/Higgins weren't scoring to tie it.

Edited by twilighthours