Game Thread | Carolina vs. Canadiens | 02/06/07

Spider-Man NL

Again, Lapierre has not scored in like more then a month. Johnson? Isnt he a 3rd liner? Bonk ok...hes good at controling the puck down low. Niinimaa? Isnt he a 8th dman? Dandenault? Whens the last time he scored?

A sane coach would put

Higgins Koivu Bonk Kovalev and Souray.

NOT Lapierre Johnson Bonk Dandenault Niinimaa.

How stupid is that?

Listen dude, I'm not even a big fan of Carbo but a *sane* person would have to appreciate that his hands are tied. His best players are playing like ass.

But you should start sending out your resumes to GMs, I hear they are looking for great coaches - ones who can get their teams to tie the game up in the final minute.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyway it's not just us second-guessing which players were on the ice during the last minute, the CKAC guys are fuming about just that right now hehehe

I don't think I would put out Koivu, Kovy, etc in the last minute. They have not exactly been lighting it up and maybe Carbo was sending a message.

On the other hand, Pleks, Higgins, and Souray probably should have been out there.

Niinimaa can't hit the net, so I think he was a waste of space.

I would say he won. Both players remained standing but Rivet got a couple of good punches in.

I cannot attack your view of the team because I don't even know what it is. You think I remember every post every makes and write down my own little profiles? I don't, there are only a handful of posters who's outlooks I recognize.

If people give praise and criticism, that's great but do they really? Most of them don't even give criticism, just insults. Let me show you some posts in this very thread:

"Stupid coach, stupid loss" - Aebischer4life

"what a bunch of losers" - Habsfan24

"Great job not tying the game again. ######in losers." - Aebischer4life (not to pick on this guy, he just gives lots of nice examples)

here's another quote that baffles -

"if you don't like them, ignore them, but don't just slam the person and tell them to leave...."

and it's counterpart...

"Perhaps you should go be a leaf fan. "

:blink: No way! It's almost like you're doing exactly what you just told me not to do!

Yes I was, on purpose. :)

here's another quote that baffles -

"if you don't like them, ignore them, but don't just slam the person and tell them to leave...."

and it's counterpart...

"Perhaps you should go be a leaf fan. "

:blink: No way! It's almost like you're doing exactly what you just told me not to do!

You forgot to quote the " :D " he posted after "leaf fan." I take that as he joked.

Stupid coach, stupid loss.

I Agree!!!! Devils and Julien win AGAIN! But he wasn;t good enough to coach the lowly habs. He's the best coach the habs have had in a while. What a mistake letting him go...next in line Gainey...Carbo etc. This talented team might fall out of the playoffs. How embarrassing..time for a house cleaning.

Again, Lapierre has not scored in like more then a month. Johnson? Isnt he a 3rd liner? Bonk ok...hes good at controling the puck down low. Niinimaa? Isnt he a 8th dman? Dandenault? Whens the last time he scored?

A sane coach would put

Higgins Koivu Bonk Kovalev and Souray.

NOT Lapierre Johnson Bonk Dandenault Niinimaa.

How stupid is that?

Desperate, not stupid. That is a move from a desperate coach.

Carbonneau is not going anywhere, and seems clueless as to how to

get this thing back on track. Barring a jolting move this team is in big trouble.

This started 6 weeks ago as well what do you want?

Us not to lose more than 2 in a row all year?

into well they had the flu.

into we have a cushion,

and has regressed into where the hell is our first line?

what happened to Huet?

and now fighting desperately for 8th not 4th.

Im on brobin's side on this one. BTH shouldnt question if people are habsfans just becaus they get frustrated when things arent going the teams way.

there's a precise definition to being a "fan" or something. If someone only says negative things about a team (and yes, there are many like that) then they are not a fan (fact!) but are actually the opposite. I'm not saying brobin is not a habs fan, or naming anyone in particular.

stupid post.

:lol:

Yes I was, on purpose. :)

I guess you fooled me then.

You forgot to quote the " :D " he posted after "leaf fan." I take that as he joked.

Yep. But I cut it out to make my post work better.

Who plays in Goal on Thursday?

I would say stick with Abby....he played well again tonight.

He did, but I would go back to Huet. Huet needs to play. On the other hand, I might go with Abbey.. lol... I guess we will have to see what Carbo thinks...

there's a precise definition to being a "fan" or something. If someone only says negative things about a team (and yes, there are many like that) then they are not a fan (fact!) but are actually the opposite. I'm not saying brobin is not a habs fan, or naming anyone in particular.

:lol:

I guess you fooled me then.

Yep. But I cut it out to make my post work better.

So you changed Brobin's post so it made you look like the one who was right?

there's a precise definition to being a "fan" or something.

fan (fàn) noun

Informal.

An ardent devotee; an enthusiast.

[short for fanatic.]

whaddya expect, we're a bunch of fuggin' fanatics :P

there's a precise definition to being a "fan" or something. If someone only says negative things about a team (and yes, there are many like that) then they are not a fan (fact!) but are actually the opposite.

According to that definition, I play hockey with a lot of non-leaf fans wearing Leaf jerseys.. :clap:

Time to get a few hours of sleep. Im sorry if I sound to harsh on you BTH. I blame it on bad mood and 6 straight days of work. :D

so you're all done for the month then?

hehehe g'night DH

According to that definition, I play hockey with a lot of non-leaf fans wearing Leaf jerseys.. :clap:

hey, if they wanna call themselves fans, they can but it's their loss... but it's like someone who's afraid of heights taking up skydiving for a hobby.

by the way.. why would you play hockey with Leafs fans? lol

hey, if they wanna call themselves fans, they can but it's their loss... but it's like someone who's afraid of heights taking up skydiving for a hobby.

by the way.. why would you play hockey with Leafs fans? lol

If you define a fan as somebody who never questions their team and their management and blindly follows at all times then the Greatest Fans in the World are LEAF FANS, not habs fans.

If you define a fan as somebody who never questions their team and their management and blindly follows at all times then the Greatest Fans in the World are LEAF FANS, not habs fans.

Read ALL the posts, man. I shouldn't have to repeat myself every time. There's a difference between questioning a decision and whining for no reason whatsoever. A post only saying "what a bunch of losers" is just one example. Also, stop saying I'm blindly supporting our team. I can just as easily accuse of blindly going against everything habs. But I don't - anyways, like I said, I couldn't care less if you like the team or not, because at the end of the day, I will be having fun watching an exciting sport and you will still be whining.

i think what BTH is saying is that "stupid" this and "dumb" that (always, even when the team is winning in abby4life's case) can get a bit tiresome. i dont think anyone would doubt that you're entitled to your opinon (if they were, they'd go crazy on a Habs fan site).

from my view, this team played over its head for the first half of the year. now they're scrambling to regain that touch - it just might not be there. carbo might be panicking a bit (who wouldnt), but his decisions are not the root of the problem. look at the special teams magic - THAT was in my view the direct result of sound coaching. this team does not have a legitimate 35 goal scorer on its squad (30?) - they're in a scoring slump and there is no star to pull them out. Koivu looks burnt out - I think the team might be frankly - they played so many tight games at the beginning of the season, maybe they've blown their wad.

BTW, is your title refering to Rick Walmsley?

Read ALL the posts, man. I shouldn't have to repeat myself every time. There's a difference between questioning a decision and whining for no reason whatsoever. A post only saying "what a bunch of losers" is just one example. Also, stop saying I'm blindly supporting our team. I can just as easily accuse of blindly going against everything habs. But I don't - anyways, like I said, I couldn't care less if you like the team or not, because at the end of the day, I will be having fun watching an exciting sport and you will still be whining.

I'm not whining. I am pointing out that complaining about your team's performance is normal.

This team is far from perfect, and I do not waste 82 nights a year watching them to put my head in the sand when they stink the joint out or play with a lack of passion and watch the coach benching players left right and center and placing guys on waivers in a lack of understanding of how to fix the problem.

Nothing is working, so that leaves 2 options. You let Carbo try to work it out and put your faith in your farm system for next year if he fails to figure it out this season OR you try to make a deal to save the team this year. Gainey will not Fire Carbo, so somebody has to pull something out of their hat.

Anything can happen, the season is about streaks. But last season we were 5 pts worse at this point but we also ripped off a 9 game win streak at the end of the year.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/players/data03/00005633.html

RICK WAMSLEY

Loved Denis Herron, Rick Wamsley and Steve Penney when I was a kid.

Edited by Wamsley01

I was there tonight and, man !! what a snooze fest !!!

I'll stay positive:

nice game by higgins.

komisarek hitting everything in the 1st period.

thank you aebischer.

as for the negative: same sh*t, different game.

I'm not whining. I am pointing out that complaining about your team's performance is normal.

This team is far from perfect, and I do not waste 82 nights a year watching them to put my head in the sand when they stink the joint out or play with a lack of passion and watch the coach benching players left right and center and placing guys on waivers in a lack of understanding of how to fix the problem.

Nothing is working, so that leaves 2 options. You let Carbo try to work it out and put your faith in your farm system for next year if he fails to figure it out this season OR you try to make a deal to save the team this year. Gainey will not Fire Carbo, so somebody has to pull something out of their hat.

Anything can happen, the season is about streaks. But last season we were 5 pts worse at this point but we also ripped off a 9 game win streak at the end of the year.

Whatever. I'm sticking by it that we will make the playoffs whether we make a move or not (dressing Perezhogin would be a good start though). But it's really impossible to make an argument for that sort of thing. Just a prediction. As of now, a playoff spot is ours to lose.

Whatever. I'm sticking by it that we will make the playoffs whether we make a move or not (dressing Perezhogin would be a good start though). But it's really impossible to make an argument for that sort of thing. Just a prediction. As of now, a playoff spot is ours to lose.

I have been over all the probabilities and at one point to get to 93 points which was a playof spot last year we had to essentially collapse to get there. Guess what, we have no more margin for error.

A .500 finish would squeak us in at an 8th seed maybe, but when you are fighting for 4th all season that does nto seem good enough. WE need to recapture the magic or we will be the same old Montreal Canadiens of the last 10 years. Hoping for a 1st round upset and getting balsted in the 2nd round.

I am getting used to it. The years of 95-110 points are quickly fading from my memory.

Man, I DVR'ed this game and came home very excited to watch. I thought that they would feed off of the win on Sunday. In fact, I told my dad that OT goal "saved their season". I'm starting to wonder what the hell is going on now.

Looks like we could have won the game. I mean surely a playoff contender can win at home with 2 against...cant they? We definitely look like we need another scorer...preferably a big center. It's obvious that when our top couple of guys are slumping....we are useless.

And seriously, when is Markov coming back, we have always sucked without him. I am scared for us if he is gone for a while.

Carbo....your little benching and shift-sitting lessons are obviously NOT WORKING. Please DO NOT do that when we are down only one goal and can obtain crucial points....really not the right time for it

Finally, Koivu really needs to step up. I can only imagine he will, but I have been waiting for it longer than I expected