Who Should the Habs Trade For?

Easy Ryder

Atlanta picked up Hamel off waivers from Ottawa-TSN

The Thrashers also traded Vishnevski for Belanger. Several trades this week. Maybe we will see more action before the deadline than on the actual day.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I hope the Habs don't trade are the following players:

Ryder

Higgins

Plekanec

Markov

Souray

Komisarek

Johnson

Latendresse

The rest Are tradeable including Koivu Kovalev Rivet Dandenault Bouillon, the 2 goalies etc etc

Bonk is having a great year, but he is a free agent next year. So unless we think we will re-sign him he is tradeable.

Hmmmmm, I don't think so :unsure:

The Thrashers also traded Vishnevski for Belanger. Several trades this week. Maybe we will see more action before the deadline than on the actual day.

Hehehh I hope Bob Gainey makes some key moves too, well we'll see after tonight's rematch against the Sens.

GO :hlogo: GOOO!!

My first impression of this trade is that the Thrashers made a bad move. Vishnevski was a very good defensive defenceman on a team that lacked D but was layered with offence. I thought Vishnevski was a great acquisition for them when they got him.

My first impression of this trade is that the Thrashers made a bad move. Vishnevski was a very good defensive defenceman on a team that lacked D but was layered with offence. I thought Vishnevski was a great acquisition for them when they got him.

and when they meet montreal in the stanley cup finals, bélanger will be too afraid to come down komisarek's wing and that fear will go through the whole thrasher's dressing room and they won't leave their defensive zone every time komisarek's on the ice.

soooo................ komisarek will play four consecutive 60 minute games...

GO :hlogo: GO!

the canadiens should trade for no one... it'd likely cost too much... we don't have a balej or a marcel hossa in our ranks and no one has a 'kovalev' to pretty well give us...

Gainey should make a trade with the wizard of Oz and get;

- a heart for kovolev

- a brain for Carboneau we may see some decent line combos

- some courage for his forwards, so they may be willing to pay the price in front of the net

Edited by hab29RETIRED

Gainey should make a trade with the wizard of Oz and get;

- a heart for kovolev

- a brain for Carboneau we may see some decent line combos

- some courage for his forwards, so they may be willing to pay the price in front of the net

foolish comment...

Panic in Habsland.

As Europeans it's kind of funny to see. When the team is not performing everyone are crap. Kovalev has no heart, Samsonov is a floater, Sourray are worthless and Koivu are a bad captain. Not to mention Carbo, the overrated prospects and Michael Ryder...

Come on!

Here's what I think. When Gainey sent Ribeiro to Dallas and Theodore to Colorado he intended to use the salary and Aebischer to get a new center for the second line. But there's hasn't been any player available so far so the deal hasn't been made. I will go so far and say that the Canaiens would have been a better team with Ribs still on the team.

Let's start with Samsonov. He's been a consistent 20 goals guy all his career. But he's been player with great centers like Thonton and Smyth. There should be no doubt that Samsonov can score goals but he will never do unless someone feeds him. Just look at Kovalev. Last season he had 65 points in 69 games. And he was not a better player last season.

The simple answer is that the third link is missing.

And this doesn't only affect Kovalev and Samsonov. The pressure on the first line increase as well and what guys do we have there? 3 forwards with less than 6 NHL seasons total. Latendresse, Higgins and Ryder.

Solve this problem and there will be magic. It will cost, but let it as the reward will be great.

Get Sergei Fedorov.

I'd like to see that! A bit old though ... would prefer younger ... but beggers can't be chosers.

You´re right and that old rumor about daddy Fedorov being a Habs-fan could possibly make Sergei to give it a try... Long-shot, I know, but right now that could be worth something.

4 new defensemen, 7 new forwards. The wizard of oz comment was great. This team definitely needs some heart and Courage.

So your solution is a fire sale ... for prospects, and then focus on next season?

As a habs-fan with eastern european lineage, it pains me to say that it may be time to go for a canadian. If we assume that a trade with an eastern conference team is difficult at best, how about Shane Doan from Phoenix. It seems we have a ton of small and fast europeans, and no talented-all heart and soul north americans. If that sounds like that fool Don Cherry than I apologize. But, something seems to be missing on this team.

the canadiens should trade for no one... it'd likely cost too much... we don't have a balej or a marcel hossa in our ranks and no one has a 'kovalev' to pretty well give us...

We do have an Alexander Perezhogin though. Great potential but no room to play him.

We do have an Alexander Perezhogin though. Great potential but no room to play him.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Let's please keep him and use him. I'd say there are a whole bunch of guys on the first two lines who deserve to be benched and or play on lower lines because of how bad they've been playing, and Perogie deserves a chance in AN OFFENSIVE ROLE!!! (I've said this a million times and I'll keep saying it until it happens :clap::clap::clap: or he gets traded :angry::angry::angry:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Let's please keep him and use him. I'd say there are a whole bunch of guys on the first two lines who deserve to be benched and or play on lower lines because of how bad they've been playing, and Perogie deserves a chance in AN OFFENSIVE ROLE!!! (I've said this a million times and I'll keep saying it until it happens :clap::clap::clap: or he gets traded :angry::angry::angry:

He deserves a chance but Carbo isn't willing/ableto give it to him. My guess is Gainey trades him.

He deserves a chance but Carbo isn't willing/ableto give it to him. My guess is Gainey trades him.

boy, i hope not... even if it means waiting for kovalev & samsonov to leave (or be traded)... keep this guy...

Kostitsyn just turned 22 on Feb 3rd. He's now tied for the team lead in Hamilton and is a plus 23. He's not going anywhere but to Montreal. Perezhogin is a player who has upside who can be moved. He's not old at 24 and he's not really improved this season. I could see him being a possible chip to be moved for a mid range player like Nagy. Personally I'd like to see a trade for Nathan Horton. He can be our big 2nd line center. Give Florida Perezhogin and a prospect like Milroy along with a 3rd round pick for Horton and a 4th.

I think Florida would want more for Horton.

Here's an offer I'll pull out of my ass:

Perezhogin, Ryder + 2nd for Horton

Maybe we could try getting Ville Peltonen back. He has chemistry with Koivu.

I think Florida would want more for Horton.

Here's an offer I'll pull out of my ass:

Perezhogin, Ryder + 2nd for Horton

Maybe we could try getting Ville Peltonen back. He has chemistry with Koivu.

Thats definitley workable. Peltonen would be asking to much. The only problem with Horton is his crash and bang style. Its taking a toll on him already. Hopefully he can keep those injuries in check. He definitley works on it. He worked out at the same gym as me last summer, while he was staying with his parents in Dunnville. Talking to him, he says Gary Roberts training regime has rubbed off on him a little bit. Nice to see a young kid working so hard. Hopefully it pays off